It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Is it just me or am I going crazy??

I remember...I distinctly remember...not long ago, many, many people were falling victim to the so-called Mandela Effect. Long time favourite brands changing their names, famous people who died suddenly being alive again, well known logos changing shape for no apparent reason, film dialogue being altered or scenes removed completely.

And now...nothing.
Nobody is talking about it.

I'm getting seriously spooked...has my timeline been changed? **

**DISCLAIMER** No celebrities, brands, books or movies were harmed during the making of this post.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Perhaps everyone has adjusted to their new temporal coordinates...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Don't forget the Tianamen Square one. I sat and watched the tanks roll in on TV and distinctly saw the guy in front of the tank getting run over. But the current version shows he didn't! And I'm not alone in this!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

RE: Is it just me or am I going crazy??

It's the brief moments of sanity that keep driving me insane.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The effect is still there. But since there were so many threads essentially saying the same thing, I guess people got bored of discussing it!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Or perhaps people have accepted they have faulty memories.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The mandela effect was proven and we have moved to amother dimension.. guess you forgot that..

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Don't forget the Tianamen Square one. I sat and watched the tanks roll in on TV and distinctly saw the guy in front of the tank getting run over. But the current version shows he didn't! And I'm not alone in this!

That guy was never run over.

In your time line or mine.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
We all want to be part of an extraordinary life.
But things can turn out quite linear sometimes.
We have creative brains. They want better. Also they get older and sometimes use of substances on long term can impair memory.
So sometimes your brain plays little games and sends all the way back to your subconscious small details.
Making you think you were part of something extra-ordinary.
But the truth is that you can't remember everything and brains don't like empty spaces.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Proof ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Proof ?

I can't prove his memory is faulty, only that 99.99% of the world remembers that the tank stopped.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I'm in my early 20s and I remember reading and learning about Tianamen Square. I had watched a video probably 13 years ago of the incident, and the poor fellow did indeed get run over.

The only reason I had looked up the video is because I had been taught about it and could not believe a government would kill its own citizens like that.

I joined just to post this response after 7 years of lurking here.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I did not think much about the Mandela effect as memory errors do happen. When investigating an incident, if everyone has the exact same story then things are very suspicious. It is standard for people to remember different things as well as getting some things wrong when recalling an event.

Recently listening to Corey Goode, the name of the Mandela effects started as people had different memory’s about Nielson Mandela. Some though he died in jail, I remember him being prime minister of South Africa. The reason Corey states for this is about the time lines collapsing. With projects like looking glass and other abuses of alien technology there was a big mess made in the time lines of Earth. With some of this technology getting back under control, a natural collapse of the various time lines that where made undoes this mess. Unfortunately there are some repercussions within our memories as these time lines collapse. Dan Burch is another who gets into some of this.

Just putting it out there for those wanting some where to look.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I did not think much about the Mandela effect as memory errors do happen. When investigating an incident, if everyone has the exact same story then things are very suspicious. It is standard for people to remember different things as well as getting some things wrong when recalling an event.

Recently listening to Corey Goode, the name of the Mandela effects started as people had different memory’s about Nielson Mandela. Some though he died in jail, I remember him being prime minister of South Africa. The reason Corey states for this is about the time lines collapsing. With projects like looking glass and other abuses of alien technology there was a big mess made in the time lines of Earth. With some of this technology getting back under control, a natural collapse of the various time lines that where made undoes this mess. Unfortunately there are some repercussions within our memories as these time lines collapse. Dan Burch is another who gets into some of this.

Just putting it out there for those wanting some where to look.

So we can make up a crazy story about aliens, advanced technology, converging timelines and such, or maybe people are not perfect and forget things or remember incorrectly.

Why believe some crazy 'aliens did it' theory that has never been proven over something much more likely like human error? Are we too proud to admit we make mistakes?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So KwakaBoy He is Nielson now is he.......In your time Line, he was Swedish??

Like Nielson Shmielson....."Everybodys talkin at me".....

Oh, the Tianamen Square guy DIDN'T get run over....That why it made big news, because he WASN'T run down by the tanks.

He simply stood in front of the tank, and as the tank tries to go around him, he kept moving.

Yes all well documented and televised at the time.

He still lives to this day I understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There's something too it. Lots of different timeline and about 6 or so that affect this one more than the others do.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Everything after the words "I remember" is subjective.

Reality at any present moment is subject to interpretation, memories can change inexplicably.

You can't see the former reality as it really was, only recall bits and pieces of memories that may or may not conflict with the present reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think it's possible that the Mandela Effect is real. After living through many major historical events and actually witnessing them I find that many years later the official details have been altered. In some cases I believe the internet itself is the "smoking gun". Stories become viral and the more people see them the more people believe them until they are accepted by the majority as truth- whether they actually ARE truth or not. But then again what is truth but the story accepted by the majority?

I have always received compliments concerning my ability to remember things easily. This made things like school work absolutely no work at all. I've never been one to embellish when it comes to recalling events as I prefer just the facts whether I am the audience or the narrator. There are things that I recall differently than they are being currently reported- but there also are possible explanations for SOME of these discrepancies. For example: I distinctly remember the reports of Nelson Mandela's death shortly after his release from prison on all the major network's news reports, television as well as radio, so I was extremely surprised when it was announced that he had been elected president of South Africa. It is quite possible that these news agencies were reporting the information being fed to them and that they were being fed falsehoods- possibly for the safety of Mandela himself. But then there is the whole Berenstein/ Berenstain issue. My sister was much younger than me and I read to her from her favorite story books each night at bed time. Some of her favorites were the Berenstein Bears books- which I read so many times I got sick of them. Later the spelling changed to Berenstain. It is my belief the spelling was changed purposefully to make it easier for children to read by spelling the name as it is pronounced- and pretending the former spelling never existed. As far as the Chinese student standing in front of the tank in protest I did not see the tank run him down but remember it being reported that he was killed- though by the tank running him down or by military gunfire was not specified at the time or I did not pay it much notice as I was working full time and raising a little one in diapers by then and I do not choose to speculate that which I don't know as fact.

I believe it is entirely possible that many instances of the Mandella Effect can be explained away by faulty reporting and some by changes in memory as people grow older, however not all instances of this effect can be explained away and therefore it is entirely possible that the Mandella Effect does exist.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Proof ?

I can't prove his memory is faulty, only that 99.99% of the world remembers that the tank stopped.

In Tom Clancy's 2000 novel The Bear and the Dragon, the Chinese authorities apprehend and execute Tank Man, then bill the surviving family for the cost of the pistol round expended to shoot him in the back of the head.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Nobody is talking about it.

We're still talking about it.. quite a bit actually - just not here..

ATS is a hostile environment to discuss it.. Lots of put downs, childish behavior even unwarranted censorship. In fact, the Mandela Effect makes unaffected adults act very angry in an odd way that's hard to understand. Reddit is the same.

..So we discuss it on youtube. facebook and invite only Reddit communities.

To bad.. Discussing things like the Mandela Effect used to be what ATS was good for.. Now it's a "mud pit".

Edit to add: I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a reply to me asking rudely "why can't I just accept that memory is fallible".. or that I must be American, because American schools suck.. 90% of all counter arguments here - makes the conversation transparently non-productive.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join