It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump circus show

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And the final result, that status quo is preserved.

That's it. Despite all the talk, that is the end result.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: dfnj2015

You do realize ALL judges are activist judges?

You do realize not every judge is the same? If they were then we would have no reason to fight for who we want on the supreme court. You seem to want o make this all about lobbyist. Are they a problem, yes. Are they the only problem, no. And if that is what you believe than you are making this way to simple.

I read an article a few years ago that said all the Supremes put in by Republicans were not conservative at all with regards to social issues. And that based on the rulings, the Supremes could only be classified as pro-Corporation, anti-Labor, anti-Consumer. So what you are voting for is not what you are getting if you look at it objectively.

You read an article, and believed it. That says enough right there.

Did you ever look into the details of it and draw your own conclusions? Or did you just agree with what the article said?

Wow, why don't you just come out and call me poo poo. If you stop driveling for a moment read the quote I posted and think for yourself for a change.

It still equates to you deciding your opinions/beliefs based upon an article.

And you tell ME to think for myself?

I thought before I read the article that people claiming judicial activism where being partisan. The article was just more well thought out and articulate about what I was thinking. I thought this quote was succinct, "Many legal experts agree that accusations of judicial activism are nothing more than political name-calling, and that judges are supposed to interpret the law and rule according to their own interpretations."

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nyah, Nyahh, now turn away, pay no attention to the man behind that curtain, disenchanted all, mindless struggle to survive, until the next time they awake your sense of hope for the next election cycle-- I mean three ring circus.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

And the final result, that status quo is preserved.

That's it. Despite all the talk, that is the end result.

Thank you for agreeing with me. I find it really odd that many people are not capable of ever saying they agree with someone. It's really strange.

Look at this video on wealth inequality in this country:

www.youtube.com...

At the end of Trump's four years the wealth inequality gap will be greater not less. To judge a presidency you have to take into account what is being measured objectively. For example, George W Bush is undoubtedly the greatest president in our history. Not because he was the most eloquent. He was because during his 8 years of office he was able to achieve more of his party's objectives than any other president in history. On the contrary, Obama is the worse president because he was not even able to get a single payer healthcare system in place. Obama was not able to get a single campaign promise achieve. By that measure, Obama was the worse president in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So your assertion is that never happens? Or did you just blanket your beliefs based upon a single article?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So your assertion is that never happens? Or did you just blanket your beliefs based upon a single article?

Based on the rulings I read, I originally thought Republican judges would pro-conservative in their rulings and Democrat judges were liberal in their rulings. And the idea of an activist judge is just a judge that rules along your partisan thinking. But after reading the article I thought this quote put an interesting wrinkle on it:

"To conservatives, activist judges are those who permit or compel activity in which the opinion of conservatives can only be done in the legislative branch," Judge Napolitano said. "To liberals, activist judges are judges who prevent the government from doing the things the Legislature wants to do."

I think Judge Napolitano may know a little more about judicial activism than I do.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So how about your opinion on Gorsuch, seeing as this thread is going in a million different directions.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's not difficult, is it. Just look around and see what is versus what is said to be or was to be.

All the arguing is basically just picking which part of the disaster you prefer. All the choices are close to equal.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So how about your opinion on Gorsuch, seeing as this thread is going in a million different directions.

Don't care. He's as good as any other Supreme court judge. Whoever you think he is, his rulings will turn out to be not what you thought they would or should be.

How about you? What life changing consequences will Gorsuch have on your life?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Not a damn one, but democrats will fight tooth and nail to the bone to keep him from being nominated, even though these same democrats previously nominated him.

That's an issue.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Worried about who is on the Supreme Court while:

NSA and CIA trample the 4th.

People, including the President, are upset with news media so they don't deserve the 1st.

The military is used to control or overthrow other countries and create a sustained income stream for corporations.

It won't make much of a difference in the big picture, at least for those with money and control.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Worried about who is on the Supreme Court while:

NSA and CIA trample the 4th.

People, including the President, are upset with news media so they don't deserve the 1st.

The military is used to control or overthrow other countries and create a sustained income stream for corporations.

It won't make much of a difference in the big picture, at least for those with money and control.

I totally agree with this sentiment.

The thing about NSA that really stuns me is the existence of Booz-Allen. The idea that parts of NSA or all of NSA has been privatized to a for-profit corporation seems to be the greatest possible security risk to the integrity our government. There is nothing to stop a for-profit corporation from selling state secrets to the highest bidder. Or, there's nothing from stopping a for-profit corporation from hiring a low-quality worker with no allegiance to this country who would sell state secrets as we saw with Snowden. It's just stunning to me that any part of NSA has been outsourced.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

One dirty bomb going off in port Elizabeth or port of Long Beach will ruin your day!

1 can only hope the Scorpions are not preparing to sting

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: breakingbs
I have kids and family who are kids and young adults. That's one of many reasons I CARE... ITS NOT FAIR THEY THE YOUTH ARE MANIPULATED BY HIVE MINDS. YES HUMANS DEMONSTRATE HIVE MINDS ALSO. Yet constantly question it?
The data has reached the contacted, which is good.

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
A rabbit likes to dig near the moles home
The mole and rabbit families ACT like they are enemy but have mutual financial connections
The mole says make sure no scorpions access your dig sites
Rabbit says ok we will keep eye out mole for the scorpions dirty stings
So the rabbits and moles coexist keeping the scorpion out
Next thing the moles changed interest says we are building over your dig sites rabbits!
The rabbits are upset and disturbed to the point the consider leasing dig sites to scorpions since the moles want to act out?
Now the rabbits moles feuding and scorpions leasing dig sites straight to mole world
And then...

Rabbits mad at mole construction limiting finances, moles propositioned by scorpions... May =mole refugees?

Where do mole refugees go?

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13moles attack all scorpions and rabbits causing other moles to respond.

Understand now?
Time data updated-

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Show US

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If the popular represents the populace then why is electoral more important, if both represent populace in mass?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Really? Because going by his enormous ego him being the president and in the news 24/7 only serves his self interests of being famous and powerful.
Who gives a rats arse if he delivers on some of his promises that have a positive effect on people and their lives, as well has the country. Nobody is perfect but regardless of his shortcomings he's the man for this job! A maverick with balls and someone who is more about action and results as opposed to empty promises!

Stop the UMPTY and support TRUMPY! Your POTUS CIC
edit on 22-3-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is it still a merry can or is the merry can rushing, therefore a rushing a merry can?
It still looks like they are rushing there only?
Is all the distracting attention a way to weaken the merry? If so what a rush...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
Change that to "The Obama circus show" and it would be a perfect description of the last 8 years. No more bread and circuses, Trump is going to burn down that tent.

I thought Obama did an okay job as president. We went from losing 800,000 jobs per month to adding jobs if you believe the government data:

fred.stlouisfed.org...

I think it is important when you judge someone's presidency you keep some concrete measurement involve. If color of your skin is your primary measurement then Obama is a complete failure and Trump has already made America great again by just getting elected. Yeah Trump! MAGA!!

Agreed
He tried.

It seems many need to put their likes aside when it comes to decision making based on critical thinking. In short request the leaders based on more what are they actually capable of and less how much they are liked, entertained or followed.

When Barack Obama was elected many voted for him with hands out because all they seen was his color (even though he is half & half) and since he didn't deliver some 40 acres and a mule handout and instead managed the people he was responsible for all US Americans w/o favoritism they later jumped ship as far as supporting he (those who awaited the hand out)
Personally I feel its better to base a like or dislike on what the candidate does more so then says to capture minds.
So I await to see their actions...

It seems now many are waiting for ANOTHER great handout and so are mesmerized by the possibility of being favored.
Mature.
edit on 3/22/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Im not anti right, just anti trump and I'm loving the keyboard thumping of those who think he is the best thing since sliced bread.

He is a walking contradiction; this is a fact. Google 'trumps failed businesses' and see for yourself. He is not a self made bussiness man thanks to daddy's trust fund, he'll build a wall but imports wives like Persian rugs...and so forth.

There is nothing wrong with swinging to the right, but at least they could've found a better designated hitter.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
He no NUMPTY or GUMPTY so stop getting UMPTY. Be patient he's a winner and we need one like him in the UK!!

Trump has alrady sussed out the UK, and might a right balls-up there...he thought he could walk over folks, yes just ordinary people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join