It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump circus show

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
No I am not pro or anti anything. Just showing the hypocrites.

The Supreme Court nomination is very important to me. This was one of my #1 voting points. I understand that Washington thinks this is all a game to them so I have to vote in a way that will have the best lasting effect for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Roe V Wade.

Decisions made by the U.S. Supreme Court can be overturned by either a constitutional amendment or by a future U.S. Supreme Court decision. Supreme Court decisions can also be countered or circumvented by new legislation.

I guess I was the only person paying attention in civics class.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Trump has no intention of going there, it would take an extreme effort to overturn it if such an attempt were to ever be made.

And no, it doesn't seem you were paying attention in civics class seeing as what you just said was literally word for word when I googled "can supreme court rulings be overruled"

Nice try.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
No I am not pro or anti anything. Just showing the hypocrites.
The Supreme Court nomination is very important to me. This was one of my #1 voting points. I understand that Washington thinks this is all a game to them so I have to vote in a way that will have the best lasting effect for me.

You do realize ALL judges are activist judges?

Your comment "just showing the hypocrites" is irritating. Most Democrats do not believe their politicians are angels. I think it is important to understand in this country the little guy has no representation in government. Both parties are controlled by the lobbyists. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The people paying the lobbyist have representation in this government. Money talks, everything you and I post is BS. You and I have no representation. This is why I say Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats and vise versa. To think otherwise is delusional.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Trump has no intention of going there, it would take an extreme effort to overturn it if such an attempt were to ever be made.

And no, it doesn't seem you were paying attention in civics class seeing as what you just said was literally word for word when I googled "can supreme court rulings be overruled"

Nice try.

So you are saying we do not have 3 co-equal branches of government. Where did you go to school?

"In Federalist Paper #78, Alexander Hamilton stated, in part:
“It proves incontestably, that the judiciary is beyond comparison the weakest of the three departments of power"

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think it is important to understand in this country the little guy has no representation in government. Both parties are controlled by the lobbyists.

You do realize the lobbyists spent more money on the democrats this election right?

Of course, they are DEMOCRAT, so they are beholden to the little people!

Think again.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Nice try.

So you are saying we do not have 3 co-equal branches of government. Where did you go to school?

"In Federalist Paper #78, Alexander Hamilton stated, in part:
“It proves incontestably, that the judiciary is beyond comparison the weakest of the three departments of power"

How in the hell did you determine that from ANYTHING I have said?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You do realize not every judge is the same? If they were then we would have no reason to fight for who we want on the supreme court. You seem to want o make this all about lobbyist. Are they a problem, yes. Are they the only problem, no. And if that is what you believe than you are making this way to simple.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sigh....

1. High paying quality jobs
2. Job security
3. Healthcare security
4. Retirement security
5. Quality affordable education
6. Fighting corruption in government
7. Clean and efficient government
8. Infrastructure development
9. Homeland port security

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Sigh....

1. High paying quality jobs
2. Job security
3. Healthcare security
4. Retirement security
5. Quality affordable education
6. Fighting corruption in government
7. Clean and efficient government
8. Infrastructure development
9. Homeland port security

Sigh
1. Supreme court judge

I'm sorry but what is important to you is different to me. That is one of the joys of the US.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Pretty sure most of those are on Trump's list of tasks to achieve.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You do realize not every judge is the same? If they were then we would have no reason to fight for who we want on the supreme court. You seem to want o make this all about lobbyist. Are they a problem, yes. Are they the only problem, no. And if that is what you believe than you are making this way to simple.

I read an article a few years ago that said all the Supremes put in by Republicans were not conservative at all with regards to social issues. And that based on the rulings, the Supremes could only be classified as pro-Corporation, anti-Labor, anti-Consumer. So what you are voting for is not what you are getting if you look at it objectively.

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ever taken a look at Gorsuch? He seems like the real deal. You can look at his history of rulings. He will rule with something that he does not agree with personally if he feels that is the way the law was meant to read.

To me the Constitution of The United States must be protected and upheld. To me it is important to have someone on the bench that will follow this. I do not want someone that will rule with a conservative or a liberal hand. Both extremes can be just as bad. A judge should have true anti-partisan approach and Gorsuch seems to feel that bill.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Here's a good article on Judicial activism if you are interested:

www.legalzoom.com...

"To conservatives, activist judges are those who permit or compel activity in which the opinion of conservatives can only be done in the legislative branch," Judge Napolitano said. "To liberals, activist judges are judges who prevent the government from doing the things the Legislature wants to do." Many legal experts agree that accusations of judicial activism are nothing more than political name-calling, and that judges are supposed to interpret the law and rule according to their own interpretations."

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I read an article a few years ago that said all the Supremes put in by Republicans were not conservative at all with regards to social issues. And that based on the rulings, the Supremes could only be classified as pro-Corporation, anti-Labor, anti-Consumer. So what you are voting for is not what you are getting if you look at it objectively.

You read an article, and believed it. That says enough right there.

Did you ever look into the details of it and draw your own conclusions? Or did you just agree with what the article said?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think it is important to understand in this country the little guy has no representation in government. Both parties are controlled by the lobbyists.

You do realize the lobbyists spent more money on the democrats this election right?

Of course, they are DEMOCRAT, so they are beholden to the little people!

Think again.

Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. If you think otherwise you are delusional. Are you delusional?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Did you ever look into the details of it and draw your own conclusions? Or did you just agree with what the article said?

Wow, why don't you just come out and call me poo poo. If you stop driveling for a moment read the quote I posted and think for yourself for a change.

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Wow, why don't you just come out and call me poo poo. If you stop driveling for a moment read the quote I posted and think for yourself for a change.

It still equates to you deciding your opinions/beliefs based upon an article.

And you tell ME to think for myself?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thank you for the article. You have to pick a side. However, you have to be able to look at them and make a decision for you.

I have. Again, Gorsuch is about as close to "middle of the road" as you can find. There are extremes on both the left and the right and both are bad! I have made my informed decision and I feel very good about it. That is really all we can do. Make the best decision for ourselves individually.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Thank you for the article. You have to pick a side. However, you have to be able to look at them and make a decision for you.

I have. Again, Gorsuch is about as close to "middle of the road" as you can find. There are extremes on both the left and the right and both are bad! I have made my informed decision and I feel very good about it. That is really all we can do. Make the best decision for ourselves individually.

I am glad you are so enthusiastic for a politician. I just don't care who becomes a Supreme court justice. The way I see it, Supreme court rulings are marginal issues which have virtually no bearing on the quality of my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join