It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump circus show

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Martin75

Term limits would be the best thing ever, but unfortunately the people that would decide to impose term limits would be the same people affected by their legislation.

AKA, would you ever vote yourself out of a job?

I honestly don't know the answer to this question. Is there a way that the people can impose term limits? I honestly believe that this is one of the only ways we will ever be able to take Washington back. I'm sick of career politicians! What can be done to stop them?

Short of an armed revolution? Nothing. The media and PAC's determine who will get elected to such a seat, and there is little to none a chance it will change anytime soon. This is the reason I threw my hands in the air and said F* politics.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

a reply to: dfnj2015

There are 100 votes in the senate. I don't understand your logic of it requiring one vote, not two. Care to explain?

And how the hell does birthright citizenship have anything to do with this conversation? You do realize that is the basis of the 14th amendment, right?

Amendment XVII. The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislatures.

Ok? You confirmed what I said, there are 100 votes in congress. There are 2 senators per state.

"The Standing Rules of the Senate are the parliamentary procedures adopted by the United States Senate that govern its procedure. The Senate's power to establish rules derives from Article One, Section 5 of the United States Constitution: "Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings...""

The 60 vote rule gives Democrats way too much power in the Senate. It's not constitution as I have stated. The only reason the 60 vote rule exists this session is because of Republican incompetence. If the 60 vote rule were not in place the Senate could outlaw abortion tomorrow.

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Vector99

Why do you want us to ignore the terrible policies or non policies. That bullying technique of always making it a liberal thing is getting old. The past election has made us numb with the attacks of name calling. We have serious foreign and domestic problems, like never before. Doesn't anyone want a future for the next generation? That is who the constitution was written for.

Any issues regarding foreign and domestic policies would likely be the responsibility of the OUTGOING administration, NOT the incoming one, seing as we are only 2 months into the current admin.

What other policies do you have issues with?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yes, this sh it show proves that Comrade Trump is the worst president in history. The sad, yet entertaining part is that the Trump apologists here are so indoctrinated, that they have no clue how bad he is. This completely proves the fact that the republican party is nothing more than a cult than a party working for the benefit of our country.

I'm just not tuning into it anymore. Everything they talk about has absolutely nothing to do with my life. It's all just one giant circus show. I don't really like the circus that much. It's fun to watch the elephants prancing about. But all in all it's a complete waste of time.

In the meantime while the circus show is sucking all the oxygen out of the room, the following issues have no value:

1. High paying quality jobs
2. Job security
3. Healthcare security
4. Retirement security
5. Quality affordable education
6. Fighting corruption in government
7. Clean and efficient government
8. Infrastructure development
9. Homeland port security

One dirty bomb going off in port Elizabeth or port of Long Beach will ruin your day!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The 60 vote rule is only in place for Supreme Court confirmations, everything else requires 51 votes.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Martin75

Term limits would be the best thing ever, but unfortunately the people that would decide to impose term limits would be the same people affected by their legislation.

AKA, would you ever vote yourself out of a job?

I honestly don't know the answer to this question. Is there a way that the people can impose term limits? I honestly believe that this is one of the only ways we will ever be able to take Washington back. I'm sick of career politicians! What can be done to stop them?

Term limits are irrelevant. The problem is lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. We need to fix campaign financing before the people will get representation. But the billionaires in power now have no interest in draining the swamp. The chaos and circus show is all designed to preserve the status quo.

Sorry Trumpkins, at the end of the Trumpkin administration, NOTHING will change.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

All of them, that is why I did not vote for him. He has made it very unclear what he will sign into law. The only common philosophy I can find for his domestic policies are purges.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The 60 vote rule gives Democrats way too much power in the Senate. It's not constitution as I have stated. The only reason the 60 vote rule exists this session is because of Republican incompetence. If the 60 vote rule were not in place the Senate could outlaw abortion tomorrow.

This has been explained to you repeatedly. What part of this are you having trouble with. It was the idiot democrats who put this in place!

In November 2013, Senate Democrats used the nuclear option to eliminate filibusters on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments other than those to the Supreme Court.

Before November 2013, Senate rules required a three-fifths vote of the "duly chosen and sworn" members of the Senate – (usually 60 votes) to end debate on a bill, nomination or other proposal; they also require a two-thirds vote ("present and voting" – 67 or more votes) to end debate on a change to the Senate rules. Those rules effectively allowed a minority of the Senate to block a bill or nomination through the technique of the filibuster. This had resulted in a de facto requirement that a nomination have the support of 60 Senators to pass, rather than a majority of 51. A three-fifths vote is still required to end debates on legislation and Supreme Court nominations.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Yes, this sh it show proves that Comrade Trump is the worst president in history. The sad, yet entertaining part is that the Trump apologists here are so indoctrinated, that they have no clue how bad he is. This completely proves the fact that the republican party is nothing more than a cult than a party working for the benefit of our country.

I'm just not tuning into it anymore. Everything they talk about has absolutely nothing to do with my life. It's all just one giant circus show. I don't really like the circus that much. It's fun to watch the elephants prancing about. But all in all it's a complete waste of time.

In the meantime while the circus show is sucking all the oxygen out of the room, the following issues have no value:

1. High paying quality jobs
2. Job security
3. Healthcare security
4. Retirement security
5. Quality affordable education
6. Fighting corruption in government
7. Clean and efficient government
8. Infrastructure development
9. Homeland port security

One dirty bomb going off in port Elizabeth or port of Long Beach will ruin your day!

Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans and vise versa. To think otherwise is to ignore history and be delusional.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

All of them is a broad brush, typically used when you just don't like someone.

If you have issues with his policies, it would be best to be informed about what you have issues with.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

This has been explained to you repeatedly. What part of this are you having trouble with. It was the idiot democrats who put this in place!

In November 2013, Senate Democrats used the nuclear option to eliminate filibusters on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments other than those to the Supreme Court.

Before November 2013, Senate rules required a three-fifths vote of the "duly chosen and sworn" members of the Senate – (usually 60 votes) to end debate on a bill, nomination or other proposal; they also require a two-thirds vote ("present and voting" – 67 or more votes) to end debate on a change to the Senate rules. Those rules effectively allowed a minority of the Senate to block a bill or nomination through the technique of the filibuster. This had resulted in a de facto requirement that a nomination have the support of 60 Senators to pass, rather than a majority of 51. A three-fifths vote is still required to end debates on legislation and Supreme Court nominations.

How can the Democrats be such idiots and still have so much power in government. Either the Republicans in the majority are complicit or completely incompetent? You pick.

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I care little about liberal individuals, but rather the elected ones. Nancy Pelosi comes to mind, Chuck Schumer comes to mind. These are the people that represent you and have devoted ALL of their effort into 'stopping Trump' no matter what.

::cough the same thing Repubs did to Obama cough:: 8 years was spent with LITERALLY this one thing in mind. Good idea, bad idea, didn't matter. What goes around comes around. Bout time you guys get that through your heads.

link   

How can the Democrats be such idiots and still have so much power in government. Either the Republicans in the majority are complicit or completely incompetent? You pick.

What? Democrats and republicans are both idiots. I am just trying to explain the nuclear option to you because you really seem to be struggling with it.

link   

Word games, turn it back to personal. Bye comrade.

link   
It may be my imagination, or incomplete information from the main stream media, but does the Trump administration seem to be following the movie script of "Spaceballs"? Trump as Dark Helmet? May the Trump (Schwartz) be with us all...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I care little about liberal individuals, but rather the elected ones. Nancy Pelosi comes to mind, Chuck Schumer comes to mind. These are the people that represent you and have devoted ALL of their effort into 'stopping Trump' no matter what.

::cough the same thing Repubs did to Obama cough:: 8 years was spent with LITERALLY this one thing in mind. Good idea, bad idea, didn't matter. What goes around comes around. Bout time you guys get that through your heads.

And the lie detector determined that was a lie.

Obama had a full majority his first 2 years.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Word games, turn it back to personal. Bye comrade.

Adios Amiga

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What? Democrats and republicans are both idiots. I am just trying to explain the nuclear option to you because you really seem to be struggling with it.

So what you are saying is the Democrats have created a rule in the Senate that guarantees them HUGE amounts of power regardless that the Republicans control the majority in the Senate. And not only that, the Republicans are powerless to change it even though they are in the majority. Boy, you sure are a smart person.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

No, what happened is the democrats enacted something in 2013 that allowed them to have more power as long as they held majority seats, and now they don't. They enacted something that gives WHOEVER is the majority seated congress to do as they will. It's literally no surprise Harry reid retired after that, because he realized how bad he fudged up. NOW, the republicans have the majority, and they can do as they please BECAUSE of democrats.

You really have to look into this more. I appreciate your effort, but you aren't well educated on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join