It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump circus show

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Democrats have only 1 option, confirm Gorsuch or the republicans enact the 'nuclear option' as termed by Harry Reid and change the confirmation vote to 51 votes.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Vector99

He's done plenty to divide people already, it's only that since you support him you don't see it. But I do find it ironic that you don't care about what Trump says but will be voting a certain way based on liberals "whining" (what they've said). Seems like a double standard.

I actually don't really care. I never was a Trump supporter. I think the guy needs to tone it down a million levels, but I also appreciate what he is doing to 'established politics'.

I said I'll vote a certain way based solely on the conduct of the current congressionally elected individuals. I won't be voting for Trump in 2 years.

When Dems had their 2 year majority with Obama, we got Obamacare, a clusterfudge that has completely re-written health care, and NOT for the better.

"We have to pass it to see what's in it"

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: dfnj2015

Liberals are bound and determined to make it a circus show rather than let the president do his job.

I'll be voting for an elected official in the mid-terms for the first time since the year 2000.

I will vote an (R) ticket out of spite.

I don't quite understand this criticism. All the liberals have been vanquished from government. Liberals have no power. Maybe you are referring to Fox news and their choices around programming. It just seems to me that all the media outlets are mostly owned by billionaire conservatives. I've never heard Fox news run a story getting workers to organize in a labor union.

Well, regardless, for whatever reason, everything on TV having to do with Trump is a complete circus show. As I said, everything they talk about with Trump has absolutely NOTHING to do with my life. I guess I'm a liberal for thinking government has a role in representing the little guy.

Are you being serious or just another whiner who hates Trump and doesn't really expect a response or an answer?

The 60 vote rule in the Senate is the Republicans own fault. The 60 vote rule is not Constitutional and a violation of the 17th Amendment. Votes in the Senate only require ONE vote not TWO.

So Schumer would not have any power at all if Republicans simply did change the Senate rules at the beginning of the session. But don't blame Democrats and liberals for Republican incompetence.

But we are getting off topic from the original post. All this partisan bickering is again sucking all the oxygen out of the room. See my original post for what is important. Anything Schumer has to say probably has NOTHING to do with my life in any way shape or form.

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You do realize it was (D) Harry Reid that set in place the option for lowering such a vote to 51 right? The 'nuclear option'

Hindsight isn't 20/20 for liberals it seems.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You do realize it was (D) Harry Reid that set in place the option for lowering such a vote to 51 right? The 'nuclear option'

Hindsight isn't 20/20 for liberals it seems.

Dude, who cares? Either way it doesn't matter who did it.

The 60 vote rule is not Constitutional and a violation of the 17th Amendment. Votes in the Senate only require ONE vote not TWO.

P.S. Whoops, the 17th Amendment not the 14th. Too early.

Amendment XVII. The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislatures.

edit on 22-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: fixed mistake

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Change that to "The Obama circus show" and it would be a perfect description of the last 8 years. No more bread and circuses, Trump is going to burn down that tent.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The 60 vote rule in the Senate is the Republicans own fault.

I think you need to do your research just a little better...

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) says he regrets the decision by Democrats in 2013 to trigger the "nuclear option" for most presidential nominations.
The change to the Senate rules lowered the threshold for confirming Cabinet nominees to a simple majority vote — something that will now help President-elect Donald Trump push through his nominees.

The Hill

In November 2013, Senate Democrats used the nuclear option to eliminate filibusters on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments other than those to the Supreme Court.

Before November 2013, Senate rules required a three-fifths vote of the "duly chosen and sworn" members of the Senate – (usually 60 votes) to end debate on a bill, nomination or other proposal; they also require a two-thirds vote ("present and voting" – 67 or more votes) to end debate on a change to the Senate rules. Those rules effectively allowed a minority of the Senate to block a bill or nomination through the technique of the filibuster. This had resulted in a de facto requirement that a nomination have the support of 60 Senators to pass, rather than a majority of 51. A three-fifths vote is still required to end debates on legislation and Supreme Court nominations.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

There are 100 votes in the senate. I don't understand your logic of it requiring one vote, not two. Care to explain?

And how the hell does birthright citizenship have anything to do with this conversation? You do realize that is the basis of the 14th amendment, right?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Those who have bought into partisanship are the ones who care.

Fact is, ALL politicians are liars regardless of what party they claim to be a member of. People seem to gloss over that fact when it comes to trying to blame only one side for our problems.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

No more bread and circuses, Trump is going to burn down that tent.

He's doing a horrible job so far. His presidency so far has been the equivalent of a reality TV show where drama and gossip are the main drivers of the narrative.

May as well call his presidency "The Real World: Washington D.C." because that's what it feels like. I don't think that's an accident either.
edit on 3/22/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Care to cite specific examples of him doing a horrible job so far?

The media is making his presidency a reality show, and yes I absolutely admit he isn't helping that aspect, but again

Care to cite specific examples of him doing a horrible job so far?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

a reply to: choomsuba

No more bread and circuses, Trump is going to burn down that tent.

He's doing a horrible job so far. His presidency so far has been the equivalent of a reality TV show where drama and gossip are the main drivers of the narrative.

May as well call his presidency "The Real World: Washington D.C." because that's what it feels like. I don't think that's an accident either.

That is so true. It's sadly funny but very true. But I blame this on Washington, all of Washington. We have republicans fighting republicans, democrats righting democrats, and no one worrying about what is happening to the American people.

It's time we put time limits in place and we flush the tank!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

There are 100 votes in the senate. I don't understand your logic of it requiring one vote, not two. Care to explain?

And how the hell does birthright citizenship have anything to do with this conversation? You do realize that is the basis of the 14th amendment, right?

Amendment XVII. The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislatures.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Him feeding into and fueling the media's narrative is one example. Care to cite any examples of him doing a good job?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Term limits would be the best thing ever, but unfortunately the people that would decide to impose term limits would be the same people affected by their legislation.

AKA, would you ever vote yourself out of a job?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Ok? You confirmed what I said, there are 100 votes in congress. There are 2 senators per state.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
Change that to "The Obama circus show" and it would be a perfect description of the last 8 years. No more bread and circuses, Trump is going to burn down that tent.

I thought Obama did an okay job as president. We went from losing 800,000 jobs per month to adding jobs if you believe the government data:

fred.stlouisfed.org...

I think it is important when you judge someone's presidency you keep some concrete measurement involve. If color of your skin is your primary measurement then Obama is a complete failure and Trump has already made America great again by just getting elected. Yeah Trump! MAGA!!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Term limits would be the best thing ever, but unfortunately the people that would decide to impose term limits would be the same people affected by their legislation.

AKA, would you ever vote yourself out of a job?

I honestly don't know the answer to this question. Is there a way that the people can impose term limits? I honestly believe that this is one of the only ways we will ever be able to take Washington back. I'm sick of career politicians! What can be done to stop them?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Him feeding into and fueling the media's narrative is one example. Care to cite any examples of him doing a good job?

You claimed he is doing a horrible job, the onus is on you, not me.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Why do you want us to ignore the terrible policies or non policies. That bullying technique of always making it a liberal thing is getting old. The past election has made us numb with the attacks of name calling. We have serious foreign and domestic problems, like never before. Doesn't anyone want a future for the next generation? That is who the constitution was written for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join