It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Food à la Bobby (Part II)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Microwave Spicy Casserole

Ingredients (2 pers.):
500 g fresh, boneless ham
½ cup Soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups cider (apple)
1 onion
1 ½ tsp Curry
½ teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp flour

1. Prepare the marinade (cider, soy sauce, vinegar, chopped onion, crushed garlic, curry, ginger, sambal oelek) in a form.
2. Cut the ham into shreds and put them in the marinade and let it all soak for about 6 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Sprinkle with flour and stir.
4. Cover pan and cook on full power in microwave for about 10 minutes. Stir and continue cooking (at full power) for about 5 minutes.
5. Allow the pot rest for a while. Taste and add additonal spices if desired.
6. Serve with boiled rice and a cabbage and pineapple salad.

---------------------------------------------
NOTE: Cooking time may vary from microwave to microwave.

edit on 3222017 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

edit on 3222017 by BobbyRock because: STUPID google translate.......

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

about 6 hours in the refrigerator.

Fast food?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm not sure why i can in for a look. That said i saw the word microwave before even seeing the recipe. and things went down hill from there.

Melt butter in the microwave or soften it? I do , I should use thr stove but i dont, I know better. But to cook a neal in the microwave? Never.

Ps: If any part of a recipe includes something like marinade for 6 hours, thats clearly not fast food!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sure it's Fast Food....
Do steps 1 & 2 in the morning. Go to work (or whatever for 6 H). Come home and shove it in the microwave, cook the rice and make the sallad and you got a hot meal in less than 20 minutes......

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I understand this is your part two of the microwave thread but why not just do all that in a Dutch oven or rondo or cast iron or sauteuse or anything but the microwave
edit on 22-3-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Took out thumbs down. A little harsh 😈

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I just posted it because:
1. I think it's yummy.....
2. To show that "you" (ppl) can do a tasty (IMHO) hot meal fast with/in a microwave.... (with less cleaning up to do afterwards)

But with all this negativity, I fail to see any point in posting "real" cooking recipes..................

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ahhhh don't do that, I apologize. I'm a cook by trade and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Please post. You taught me about that sausage yesterday! I just hate microwaves.

top topics

join