It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a god require worship?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
a reply to: Akragon

God is Love (1 John 4). Love gave itself completely, then rested from all its work in creation. Creation was then given to us so that we could find the aspect of God that is worthy of worship. Love. Mirroring this worship is how we worship. We give to others and receive only. Thieves take. Ego is the thief of worship. Worship is the Saint of Love's reason. What is the reason behind worship? Manu (mankind) is the first thought of God beyond the thought itself (Spirit). Manu in Sanskrit means, "To Think."

Assign worth to God for the reason he assigned worth to us a his image. LOVE.

God is not love. God is God.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Only a "jealous god" would. Of course jealousy is a human emotion / condition, which is a total disaster for Holy Bible types to reconcile. How except on earth would a supreme being be as petty and narcissistic as we humans???

A jealous God would not be an omnipotent God.

Brings to mind the omnipotence paradox.

Can god create a rock so heavy he himself cannot lift?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Only a "jealous god" would. Of course jealousy is a human emotion / condition, which is a total disaster for Holy Bible types to reconcile. How except on earth would a supreme being be as petty and narcissistic as we humans???

That's old school. Here's today's version:

Can God have a thought so complex that even she can't understand it?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Initiation is the marker, not the name of the society. Those initiated are loyal to the Spirit of the foundation they agree to protect - "So Mote it Be," so to speak.

1 John 4

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is Love.. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I prefer the older religions.

Worshiping one god is too easy. Humans always look for a single simple answer for everything.

WHat better foolishness than believing there is one entity that created the entire world?

I think the Japanese were the most close to what is true. That everything , every single thing has a god in them. That the world has many many gods.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
And with this - A god should not requier worshiping. Simple believe is enough. You just have to believe in what you think it is right.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's said that when someone meets God and fully understands the gift of life and existence he has given, and realises exactly the nothingness if that gift wasn't given...
One can't help to give praise and worship.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Not a righteous one.

Reply to the title of thread only.

Beyond that I just don't give a ...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JugHead

wow - does that mean that i am a " weak jealous controlling God " ?

cos i want a war ship - nothing ostentatious - i would be happy with a frigate or destroyer

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

appologies - i dont watch stargate - so miss understood

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

hi -0 as i miss understood a previous reply from another member

i shal ask you - how did adonis rise to power ?

its not a trick question - as my thinking goes as follows :

if adonis lost power by lack of worship // worshipers

how did he ever ascend to power ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

That's clearly dependant on you.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You're not my god, are you? So no.

cos i want a war ship - nothing ostentatious - i would be happy with a frigate or destroyer

Don't we all, get in line!

edit on 22-3-2017 by JugHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
But if we want to prove that we are true followers of His and that we deserve a spot in Heaven, we would pray and follow His other teachings.

From what I understand no one can deserve a spot in heaven. Prayers, deeds or killing of non-believers, Christians - it's shares the same misconception. What if following a false prophet makes you disobedient of God and His manifestation - the Son? Imagine.
What if it puts you into the same bag with anti-theists, anti-Christs in this thread?
Edit: Or worse. As a wise person... you don't feel the need to punish and kill such an ant or the whole anthill because of their disobedience even if they try to bite you. You understand they have no spirit and you let them live and die as animals. However an ideology, a nation denying people to follow Christ? Oh man! I would think twice being in approval of such ideology, not to mention being counted as one of them.
edit on 22/3/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: a little improvement

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That's old school. Here's today's version:

Can God have a thought so complex that even she can't understand it?

I imagine.. but me, a lowly heathen, isnt stupid enough to think the word "jealous" is used in the same way or meaning as jealous (or the translation of which) from the Hebrew means jealous lil bitch kinda jealous. Modern versus ancient usages and translation from Hebrew to greek to olde english to modern english...ya MORONS. I swear. Good God.. have our schools dumbed down THAT much?!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A god requiring worship would indicate the god has security issues, maybe narcissistic tendencies too...

...Men require worship...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If worship benefits the worshipers, then a benevolent God would require it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

But again, this all leads back to believing in yourself....

You are god...

Believe.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What if there was a creator and that's it. God is there to create and to experience but cares not about the outcome of the creation, knowing that all souls return to heaven after death only to come down to this planet in this universe or infinite planets in infinite universes? What if the god who created this universe was created by a God who created 10 universes and that God was created by a previous God and so on and so on and so on.

What if our only purpose is to experience life and death and everything in between? What if one day we will become as god a million years in the future creating millions of Universes and life forms within?

In this case God needs no worship...that's the lie we've been fed by people trying to control us.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As I recall, its fear of and obedience to.. that is demanded.

Worship is another things you all seem hung up on.. cause you know modern understanding of words is the only authority. There are those of us that wonder a little deeper and harder. In the Hebrew the word WORPHIP means :

Here.. its frustrating to have a convo with folks who wont do the min of research about a subject before giving their expert opinions.. sheesh...

In both Hebrew and Greek, there are two categories of words for worship. The first is about body language that demonstrates respect and submission; to bow down, to kneel, to prostrate oneself. The second is about doing something for God that demonstrates sacrifice and obedience; to offer, to serve.

read this

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join