It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch and Your Safety a review

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
I guess hands up would not be a good idea.

Im not sure.

Could depend on its intentions.

I would focus more on being non threatening and moving along.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
a reply to: TheRedneck

We're predators.. act like one when youre encountering a lower predator. Or become prey.

Lol. You sound like my husband.

Now we all throw little rocks at him everytime we see him.. and when he is asleep.. but there is an interesting account. Me? Im more scared of elk than bigfoot! Ive spent most of my life by percentage in the woods or swamps or fields or mountains than in cities or towns. Ive never seen one, but that doesnt mean much. I also havent seen a crows nest in the summer, but you know that its there.

Thank you for sharing your cousins encounter.
My encounter has a similar element to it.

Says alot about you to accept your cousins word on his encounter.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As a people we have lost our way when it comes to dealing with lower predators and etc. People just arent taught these days and wonder why there are attacks and deaths.. even from domestic dogs. They have forgotten we are the apex predator and are ( or can be) masters of our lands. Our distractions in modern days keeps us from it and last few generations have thought it wasnt necessary to teach it. From the crime I see in the news, some peoples are behaving like lower predators. Its like human de-evolution. Its sure a strange thing. Its also no wonder the squach stays to itself... seems to be a pretty smart idea for them. I would wonder if low numbers over the years have made them extinct though. Or getting there rapidly. It wouldnt seem the gene pool is wide enough from the number of sightings to sustain a thriving population.

Saying that.. some of the Flathead think they take the women for wives and kids for their own children to grow up and be in the "tribe". I was looking into missing 411 and the other data.. if the bodies arent found, theyre not ever found. Maybe a portion are actually abducted for this purpose. I know from reports when other primates run across a child, they are curious but when the child becomes too frightening and combative, the child gets killed on purpose or accident. Some are gentle and protective with children and small animals. Who knows. I just know I never went squach hunting and I wont. My fatherr wouldnt ever take me boar hunting because theyre too hard to kill and keep an eye on others who are inexperienced. He was "gored" or whatever youd call it by a boar and gnawed on a little when he was a young man before his dad killed it. Same with the squach I think. Ive been bear hunting and understand the behavior.. bears can be like men.. and I think from the reports a squach is a lot like a bear.. but a lot smarter. ALso as tough as the boar.. and as unrelenting in an attack as a boar. Theyre smart though.. Id think. I mean not quoting Byron, but at least as durable and smart as we are concerning survival.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Regarding sasquatch saftey and whens a good time to pack your stuff and leave.

Heres an account of mine that i posted last year here on ats about what i believe was a territorial sasquach alpha male telling us kindly to get away from his pond.

About two years ago, i wanna say in late march, my best friend and i decided to do a three day trip to the southern Sierras of California to do some trout fishing. The season had just opened and we wanted to try our luck catching the trout before everyone else joined in and put too much pressure on the fishing prospects.

So we jumped on the highway and made our way to the town of Independence. Its a small one lane town off the highway at the base of the southern sierra mountain range. A series of tall jagged alps like mountains in the heart of california.

The first day up there we went around to all the local creeks fed by snow melt run off that winded down the sharp peaks and towards the desert floor below. Being the beginning of trout season of course there were too many folks trying their luck fishing leading to less than desirable conditions. So we began to think of alternative prospects.

We had heard of a nearby camp ground high up in the mountains above called Onion Valley.

Onion Valley was situated at 9,200 foot altitude. Most folks didnt have the proper cars with large engines to make it all the way up to that altitude, so we figured it would be the perfect place to search for a quiet fishing hole. We had known that there were a series of alpine lakes and ponds up at around 10, 000 feet heading towards whats known as the Kearsarge Pinnacles. (12000' alt)

onion valley area picturesThese ponds were fashioned like a string of pearls connected by an icy creek known as Bubbs Creek. They had spectacular views of the lofty and spire like Pinnacles. We were betting on very little fishing pressure and a good stock of hold over hardy wild trout to be found there.

So we wound our way up the steep one lane road that headed to the Onion Valley Campgrounds. A number of hairpin switchbacks were a challenge along with manuevering around the large boulders that littered the road from frequent landslides there.

Having found the camp grounds we parked, gathered our gear and made the rest of our hike nearly 1000 foot higher in altitude huffing along a trail that followed along side Bubbs Creek.

The only foliage was old growth alpine pines and shrubs that thrived on the creeks water. Surrounding us beyond this belt of green pines was a vast field or granite rubble from the landslides of the steep peaks. The place was beautiful but desolate of animals other than squirrels and racoons. Or so it would seem.

At this altitude the hike takes longer than you think. You basically have to stop every 50 or so feet to momentarily catch your breath and adjust to the thinner air. Small patches of iced over semi melted snow added to the difficulty.

Being tuckered out we stopped at the first pond along the string of pearl like creek and pond system up there and immediately began getting our gear set up. All was good. It was bright and sunny. Mid day. Very quiet and serene.

About an hour and a half it struck. We heard a ominous sound further up the creek toward perhaps the next pond a quarter mile or so away. To this day i have a hard time describing this sound.

The closest thing i can find is this video of a gorilla roaring. m.youtube.com...

It was that same angry bassy roar but repetative like a siren similar to when a chimp works its self up like this

So imagine the gorilla roar, repetative and going up in volume and pitch like the chimp. However, this sound was deep and resonant and was definitly coming from a very large animal.

My friend and i stopped in our tracks and just stared at each other bewildered and wide eyed listening to this repeating howl coming from some unknown animal as they echoed off the mountains granite walls surrounding us.

Whatever this thing was it was no moose, elk, deer or bear and boy, did it sound pissed.

We are both used to being in the woods and we had never heard an animal like this.

After a minute or so the siren like howling stopped. It had a droning characteristic to the howls and reminded me of a giant hand saw rythmically sawing through wood. Started quiet and getting angry and louder and then nothing for a few moments and then it would repeat.

To be honest the sounds were beginning to spike our adrenaline and we began to get a little spooked. Quitely staring at the section of creek that lead to wherever in the pines this creature was hollering from we stood motionless.

But, the sound subsided and we settled back down tentatively again checking our poles and bait.

A half hour later the angry agitated calls started up again. This time half as far away as last time and much louder and persistant sounding. Whatever this thing was it was making its way up the creek towards our pond and location. We were very uneasy now. Reluctantly we started to pull in our lines and gather up our gear preparing to leave. Whatever this thing was, and we didnt want to find out, sounded big and unappologetic about the noise it was making.

Again in the middle of our packing the sounds shut off for a while. 20 more minutes go by and just as we our throwing our backpacks over our shoulders the roaring started again but this time just across the pond and just inside the shadows of the tree line going up along the creek. Maybe 150 feet away.

Whatever it was it was HERE. We needed to go NOW!

Almost in a panic we said "were leaving" and immediatly started down the trail toward the campgrounds. Leaving the eerie and intimidating sounds behind us. At any given point one of us was looking behind us trying to keep track of the creature.

About halfway down the creek trail to the campground it started up again but closer to us than the pond...somewhere along the same section of creek we were fleeing down. It had followed us at least partially down the trail staying maybe a few bends behind us.

Then it dawned on us. the creature is attempting and succeeding in driving us back towards the campground and trying to chase us away from the pond. Its territorial about this pond and probably wanted the fish too without us pesky humans around. For it to do that it meant it knew we were there. Maybe watched us from the trees up the creek as we arrived. Or maybe another one of its kind did and reported it to the big guy who came to drive us off. Maybe it had a family and didnt want to compete with us over the resources.

We got back to our truck (the only vehicle at the campground) and drove off post haste. We made our way down that hill so fast my friend forgot to down shift into 2nd or 1st.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

But just as a group trying to catch a snake will probably lose interest if the snake just casually slithers off, so too would a group of Sasquach likely lose interest in trapping a human that just moves through the area with no indication of being dangerous. Approach the 'bait' and you just proved how dangerous you are, just like a snake approaching a human gives the implication it is getting ready to attack.

TheRedneck

That is a very good analogy.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: Advantage

We're predators.. act like one when youre encountering a lower predator. Or become prey.

Lol. You sound like my husband.

Now we all throw little rocks at him everytime we see him.. and when he is asleep.. but there is an interesting account. Me? Im more scared of elk than bigfoot! Ive spent most of my life by percentage in the woods or swamps or fields or mountains than in cities or towns. Ive never seen one, but that doesnt mean much. I also havent seen a crows nest in the summer, but you know that its there.

Thank you for sharing your cousins encounter.
My encounter has a similar element to it.

Says alot about you to accept your cousins word on his encounter.

Yeah, the vegans here lose their minds when I go on an EAT like a PREDATOR kick. LOL!

Nah, says a lot about us as a people. You know when its a BS story.. theyre told all the time and for fun or to poke fun. This was a lot different because it came from who it did. Hes a hunter.. he isnt a joker about the woods or hunt. Plus.. those woods are odd anyway. Look them up.. Kootenai national forest, Flathead rez and Flathead forest. Theyre due west and southwest of where my family is in Browning Montana .

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Holy cow!! Excellent description and jaysus thats too close for comfort! You wandered upon its quiet place, hunting grounds, or territorial area! Ive been in the woods and outdoors so much of my life.. Ive NEVER heard that sort of thing. I know the other sounds... if I heard something that foreign to me.. good lord!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

thanks very much for that :

but the " clarified " explaination is even more inconsistent and illogical that the one line summary

PS - by - appendage - are you meaning penile amputation ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

My take is that there wasnt much resources at that particular spot. But it was or can be used as a passage between kings canyon and saqouia nat. Park. Both places would have ample food.

I think he was migrating from one park to the other. Used that place as a mountain pass. Had to settle for the day. Those ponds are the only real food source at that elavation and didnt want to contend with humans for the food and opted to chase us off.
edit on 22-3-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

My take is that there wasnt much resources at that particular spot. But it was or can be used as a passage between kungs canyon and saqouia nat. Park. Both places would have ample food.

I think he was migrating from one park to the other. Used that place as a mountain pass. Had to settle for the day. Those ponds are the only real food source at that elavation and didnt want to contend with humans for the food and opted to chase us off.

Yeah, that makes more sense.. I was just looking at the terrain on google. Youre pretty adventurous in seeking out a pond chain to fish! LOL!

I know it was too weird to think of everything, but did it make any tracks you saw? Ive never seen tracks from something that would be as they are described. Ive smelled some rough stinks upwind of me, but never found anything that was unusual. My nose is like a bloodhound.. my kids make fun of me for ferreting out stinks and scents. LOL! If there was a stinking huge mammal near me, I think it would have caught my attention before the growling and hollering!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Just another type of "space brother" I suppose.
The galaxy is fairly well populated with different critters.
The first Star Wars movie even featured a Sasquatch character as a "good buddy co-pilot," you know.
...Was that an intentional plant?
Oh, Mercy, another conspiracy!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

We werent looking for tracks or noticed any. Being typical fishermen we were more obsessed with staring at the pond trying to figure out where structure and other things would be and the best places to cast our lines.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

"Anybody have any thoughts on to sasquatch behaviour concerning why some are aggressive and others are simply curioys and a lot dont want anything to do with humans."

I see it as a one size does not fit all.

But really, I just dont know.

I interviewed a man locally that claims. He would have 1 to 5 "giants" that would show up at his fishing hole.

He said they never became aggressive with him and would "fish" with their hands.

This went on at random for 7 to 10 years. Before he said they just quit coming there.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This gorilla roar.

Could you feel it?
Inside your gut and/or chest?

Or was it just loud?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

thanks very much for that :

but the " clarified " explaination is even more inconsistent and illogical that the one line summary

PS - by - appendage - are you meaning penile amputation ?

Tune in.

Dont take my word for it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Look them up.. Kootenai national forest, Flathead rez and Flathead forest. Theyre due west and southwest of where my family is in Browning Montana .

Thank you,

I appreciate that kind of information. I will put it to good use.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It was very loud. Easily audible up there from a mile away or more i would imagine.

It had a bassy raspy componant to it. Its hard to describe but it definatly dropped down into lower Hz frequencies i recognize from being a bass player.

At a diatance it definitly got your attention.

Closer up it gave you the uncomfortable sensation that was almost tactile like when you get physically uncomfortable when you hear nail on a chalk board. It was deep and bellowing. Mostly bassy with upper register harmonics giving it a harsh raspy tone. But the meat of it was deep sounding.

It just grated on you when it would yell.

It in its self didnt induce fear (although its likely infrasound was present) but the thought of meeting whatever it was making it gave you a nearly immediate sense of we need to leave. We dont want to see this thing..

It would be paralyzing i think if done within a few yards of you.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The closest thing i can think of to describe the emotions is imagine your in the jungles of jurrasic park and somewhere off in the distance you hear a t rex roaring and slowly coming your way. The noise isnt causing fear but knowing something that can invoke absolute mortal fear is nearby. Prowling and growling. Pissed off and heading your direction. You just wanna leave before it shows up. You start to panic a bit as you get anxious that your friend is taking half a second too long to leave etc...
edit on 22-3-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

Look them up.. Kootenai national forest, Flathead rez and Flathead forest. Theyre due west and southwest of where my family is in Browning Montana .

Thank you,

I appreciate that kind of information. I will put it to good use.

Good!

And holy cow, I looked up "Kootenai forest bigfoot".. there are a LOT of google hits. Ill have to get the cousin to tell me more about the exact location.

I put in Blackfeet reservation Browning Montana bigfoot.. and even more.

I like other cryptids, never really got into bigfoot.. now I might. I bet I can get more info. I make a trip up to the rez 2 or 3 times a year to see my mother. Ill ask around.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Please do!

Id love to hear anything you find out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join