It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch and Your Safety a review

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Hello!☺ thank you for jumping right in and making a cryptid thread. Its something ATS could use a little more of.

Ive heard a few anecdotal stories of sasquatch entering occupied homes to look around at night.

A few notable ones ive read: ( largely paraphrased here from my recollection of the stories ive heard or read. )

a guy relayed a story of his childhood. He was camping over night at a service cabin with other jr. Search and rescue troops helping actual search and rescue look for a missing hiker.

He was sleeping in the bed closest to the door which was not secured shut when he awoke because something was moving around in the room. To his shock he sees a large sasquatch standing just inside the open doorway staring down on him in his bed. It looked at him for a second then shoved his bed with his foot making the bed travel a foot or so. He screams in fear and the sasquatch takes off and the rest of the kids in the cabin then wake up.

Another guy swears his house was being harrassed by a family of sasquatch on a continual basis. One nigh he wakes up to see the sasquatch standing just outside his bedroom doorway in the upstairs hall just taring at him. He froze and the sasquatch having realized he had woken up turned and lumbered down the stairs and outside.

Sasquatches are often reported fiddling with door knobs as if curious to see how they work.

From what i can tell. The sasquatches that do incursions to houses are most commonly reported to be juvenile males. Probably just curious and being far bolder than their learned older siblings or family mvers.

Young males are often believed to be the ones most associated with staring through windows. They seem to have an interest in human females. Probably female pheromones during the ovulation period is whats attracting them. Cant blame the guys.

Sasquatches through observation know what your front door is and often try figuring out the mystery of how they work. Often sasquatches are detected or observed hanging prominantly around the front door or porch. Its obvious they have an interest in gaining access to the interior of a home. Whether its due to curiosity, search for food, entertainment or to find a prospective mate.

There are reports by survivors who swore they were attacked or mauled by sasquatch.

I remember reading about a case just recently where a DFW (DFG) Officer was with his dog patrolling a stretch of woods when the dog attacked a sasquatch on the trail. As the sasquatch was dispatching the dog another one came from out of the woods behind him and bashed him over the head or upper back. He was knocked out instantly but came to a hundred feet from where he had fallen. He claims that the sasquatch had dragged him that distance while he was unconcious. He suffered lacerations on his back some broken ribs a collapsed lung and i believe his arm was fractured too.

Sasquatch can be aggressive according to a myriad of reports. I just read a report last night fom New South Wales Australia. A guy was driving in his sedan down a dirt road a few kilometers outside Sydney.

It was late at night and he was alone. He was going no more than a few kilometets an hour when a juvenile yowie (sasquatch) appeared a car length ahead of him on the left side of the road. He stops and the creature makes eye contact with two other creatures that appear on the right of the road. Two big males. He claims they were looking at each other as if they were planning something. then each gestured towards his car and while avoiding the headlights start marching towards him. He says he freaked out and just started screaming and cursing with his head ducked down not knowing what to do. They got along side his car and were about to start feeling the glass windows by him when he jammed on the horn. The sound startled them off and he had enough sense to drive off as quickly as he could go on the road.

Sasquatch often show tactics strategy and organizational skills often married with a hint of malevolence. These yowies seemed like they were planning on tearing him out of the car and stomping him to death.

For me im happy to hear anecdotal evidence about these animals. Not sure what one would get out of poopooing a thread about a subject they dont believe in nor care about.
edit on 22-3-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If Sasquatch wants your McDs or BK meal when you are walking to the house, it is advisable to give it to him. I don't care how good the Pizza is, give it to him. Don't hold out for a tip either.

Lol. Glad to meet you rickymouse.

Very good advice.

They tend not to have any manners and rarely ask for anything.
A little boy in Arizona found that out when one decided to take his bicycle. ....while he was riding it.

Poor little guy reported to the L.E.O. that a big monkey took his bike, and he hit the ground running.

The officer found his bike some 20 feet up in a tree, near the attack.

The officer concuded thru "cop stuff", that the "monkey" was 7 to 8 feet tall. 2+ meters.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I read long ago that the assumed reason that humans wave is to show the other person that they are not carrying a weapon, like when you surrendered to that guy with the gun, holding both hands up high and open.

I imagine if someone was brave enough to do that to a squatch, that the squatch would understand the meaning and realize the human was offering no threat.

Does anyone agree with this basic assumption?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

a reply to: Advantage

but why a need to keep their existence secret?

That my dear is the $10,000,000 question.

Maybe T. deLonge can share some light on that.

I kinda think he may.

When you compare notes from an objective point of view.

Sasquatch does not appear to be alien to this planet at all.

Also, how do we know neanderthals all died off?

Who says?

Maybe they just decided to move.
edit on 22-3-2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: improper bbc

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Waving in the animal kingdom is a threatening gesture. You're saying, "I'm upset and you're in my way, so I'm going to attack you."

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I always really wanted them to exist. I still do not believe they do but I always hope one day it will be proven. But by now you would think such a creature would be well documented with pictures, videos that can not be refuted.

A large misconception held by many is that there is no clear images or cadavers.
For whatever reason, (above our pay grade) physical proof of these creatures is quickly rounded up and confiscated by D.O.I. or other federal agencies.

Also, more reports are coming in that photos on digital cameras and cell phones are being remotely removed. I personally witnessed this for myself.

I know....convenient.

We welcome skeptics to get in the field.
They make the best researchers.

but why a need to keep their existence secret? I can understand how they would like to hide the existence of alien life from us to aovid panic but why hide the existence of a great ape?

I dont know.

Maybe it is not a great ape.

You may have answered your own question though.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

"...that Sasquatch is bigger, stronger, more agile, and faster than you. You have one advantage: you're (hopefully) smarter."

You make a strong case that the odds are all in the Sasquatch's favor than ill-logically claim otherwise. I sense that your logic is derived more from having a large caliber weapon at your disposal for dispatching the Sasquatch than any intelligence. A Sasquatch is no more a game animal than a mountain gorilla. A long prison term should await anybody that would kill one.

As for someone else's comment about why does the government ignore the Sasquatch, there are a couple of good reasons. They can't control them, and therefore, the creatures do not exist. (I tried to convince a Ranger in Big Bend National Park back in the 1980s that I had seen a cougar come through our campground at night. I was told emphatically, that there were none. I've heard others give same reports about big, black cats, that no one or agencies will accept as valid.) Plus, and I'll probably catch Hell for this, in the early days of "Big Foot," there were some stories of them being seen in relation to grounded UFOs and that they had red eyes and "powers." --Take it for what its worth.

How cunning are the creatures is hard to say. For some insight, I suggest a search for Florida's "Swamp apes" on Google and the story about the death of Snippy the Horse also inFlorida.

edit on 22-3-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I cant disagree with you on most of that.

You have a plan, and that shows alot about your skills as an outdoorsman.

Just remember if it happens to you.

They are hard to see in our bush.
They have been known to play games.
If one seems to be just sitting around like it wants to be seen. Check yer 6. Ive been told by diffrent schools of this subject, if you see one, usually thereiare two more you cant see.

I think disney and nic channels have brainwashed people.

Hit a bear in the head with a stick and it will sing you a song kinda mentality.

Roll Tide

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You misunderstand me.

I have no intention of killing a Sasquach, any more than I have of killing a bear. Both can be dangerous, but neither is inherently dangerous. But I also have no intention of letting a Sasquach, or a bear, kill me.

Intelligence does not come at the barrel of a gun. Yes, I have large caliber firearms, but I don't always carry them. Unless I am intentionally hunting for food, I rarely carry firearms in the woods. It is far more efficient, and safe, to just understand what cues you are sending to the critter you meet. That's the intelligence I was speaking of.

Incidentally, those firearms I have, I have in case I am attacked by a creature more unpredictable, sadistic, and dangerous than anything that lives on my mountain; humans.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

I say arms down palms facing out so they can see you are not armed and are making no threatening postures.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I guess hands up would not be a good idea.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I always really wanted them to exist. I still do not believe they do but I always hope one day it will be proven. But by now you would think such a creature would be well documented with pictures, videos that can not be refuted.

A large misconception held by many is that there is no clear images or cadavers.
For whatever reason, (above our pay grade) physical proof of these creatures is quickly rounded up and confiscated by D.O.I. or other federal agencies.

but why a need to keep their existence secret? I can understand how they would like to hide the existence of alien life from us to aovid panic but why hide the existence of a great ape?

Have you heard of the Spotted Owl?

Northern spotted owls are protected under the Endangered Species Act and logging was banned on much of the old-growth forest in the Pacific Northwest where they live in order to save them.

Those owls cost the logging industry millions of dollars.

If Bigfoot is proven real it will basically put the logging industry out of business. That means billions of dollars lost for somebody.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

My cousin ( now keep in mind probably over half of the Browning rez is related in one way or another) Says when he ran into one coming from Browning into Kootenai forest. He said it was kind of on the edge of the dense woods and a flat open part. Flatheads there know about them and dont like them, but anyway, he was out hiking, hunting whatever.. and he said all he thought to do was growl at it and use his most low voice and stood his ground. He said the thing took a quick crap and walked off slowly.. never turned its back but took a side kind of walk. He tried to follow but had rocks thrown at him. Thats what we're told to do when we encounter big cats and things in the woods. We're predators.. act like one when youre encountering a lower predator. Or become prey.

Now we all throw little rocks at him everytime we see him.. and when he is asleep.. but there is an interesting account. Me? Im more scared of elk than bigfoot! Ive spent most of my life by percentage in the woods or swamps or fields or mountains than in cities or towns. Ive never seen one, but that doesnt mean much. I also havent seen a crows nest in the summer, but you know that its there.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Wow!

You know your material.

One thing you mentioned that I meant to cover and did not. I think it is worth expounding on.

"Sasquatch can be aggressive according to a myriad of reports. I just read a report last night fom New South Wales Australia. A guy was driving in his sedan down a dirt road a few kilometers outside Sydney."

Few kilometers outside of Sydney I would imagine is still fairly densely populated. I dont know that for a fact.

Most of these reports are coming from populated regions. Not in the wilds of Northern California.

Thank you for joining in and contributing.

The thing about anecdotal evidence with me is this.
10 reports....meh.
100s of reports......hmmm.
We have thousands now. And they keep coming.
L.E.O.'s are starting to get in on it.

Just like with U.F.O.'s

Even if you dismiss 90% of the reports.

That 10% leaves us with a problem.

Oh and....

"Not sure what one would get out of poopooing a thread about a subject they dont believe in nor care about".

Telling, is it not?
Obviously they care a little.
And that is good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it a plan as much as an understanding. When one spends as much of their youth exploring the wilderness as I did, one soon understands how things work... or they wind up as something's lunch. In so many ways, nature is simpler, kinder, and fairer than human society.

But yeah... I think I would know how to react.

The problems with Sasquach typically stem from the incompatibility between nature and society. In society, if one meets someone, the first thing they do is to size up the situation based on prior experience. That means anyone who is bigger is suspect; anyone who looks a certain way is suspect; anyone unkempt is suspect; anyone acting a certain way is suspect. Al these visual cues have been programmed into us by media, not by reality. Our response is typically to call for help or to run away, sometimes to threaten preemptively. This based on an assumption that a more powerful force (police) will come to our aid if they are alerted, or that we are unable to avoid being targeted, or that an attack is imminent and we will be at a disadvantage if we don't strike first.

Those things never come into play in nature. There is no police; you're on your own. Humans rely on visual cues, while animals typically rely on scent, sound, or smell (fear causes humans to secrete pheronomes); our societal-based perceptions are almost always wrong. Most critters are trying avoid conflict, save for hungry predators (which typically don't really want human for lunch anyway) and those with diseases like rabies; an attack is rarely imminent on first contact.

Sasquach are intelligent; there's no denying that from reports. They also are not typically seen hunting people. The intelligence indicates a need for protein, so I would assume they are somewhat omnivorous, but using insects to satisfy their protein requirements. Attacks would then be defensive, which is borne out by the vast majority of reports. Unfortunately, curiosity can often cause them to become involved with humans and force a situation where they become defensive (and dangerous).

Being intelligent and curious, while sharing the planet with dangerous humans, means they are no doubt extremely wary of all humans. If a Sasquach is seen as you say, it would be little different than a group of humans spotting a snake and trying to trap it out of self-defense... and easy for the Sasquach to do, since most people really can't see what is around them in the city, much less wooded areas. But just as a group trying to catch a snake will probably lose interest if the snake just casually slithers off, so too would a group of Sasquach likely lose interest in trapping a human that just moves through the area with no indication of being dangerous. Approach the 'bait' and you just proved how dangerous you are, just like a snake approaching a human gives the implication it is getting ready to attack.

In many many ways, I see similarities in the actions of both Sasquach and humans... but in the end, it's the humans who are the true danger and the Sasquach that are likely to be the true victims.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
I read long ago that the assumed reason that humans wave is to show the other person that they are not carrying a weapon, like when you surrendered to that guy with the gun, holding both hands up high and open.

I imagine if someone was brave enough to do that to a squatch, that the squatch would understand the meaning and realize the human was offering no threat.

Does anyone agree with this basic assumption?

People have waved at them, and they waved back...lol.

Like with most creatures, kinda depends on what type as well as the individual and the circumstances.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Heres something to ponder in regards to sasquatch behaviour and safety.

Sasquatch act differently in various parts of the country(and world)

For instance although arguable the largest and most robust of the species the pacific north west sadquatch seems to be the least aggressive. Could it be due to lack of pressure on their general resources or territories. Lots of forest for them to happily live in.

Sasquatch encounters around east Oklahoma, East Texas (big thicket area) Arkansas and west Tennessee and Kentucky seem much more agressive towards humans. Could it be becayse they have to live in areas with more pressure on their resources and habitat. Oklahoma and texas the woods tend to follow streams and bodies of water but dont canvase widevswaths (from what i can rememver driving through on the 40 hwy. ) like they do in the upper half of the country where they seem more mellow. These sasquatch are sometimes outright hostile to humans or at least partially malevolent. I read about a squatching expedition near the big thicket area of east texas where three me simultaneously observed via FLIR a group of sasquatch flanking and setting up a suspected ambush on the team of 14 people. They immediatly left realizing the potential danger. Although the sasquatch werent aware that some of the men could see them, the men reported the sasquatch geturing and communicating with each other while they assigned various members of their troop to go around and surround the people. The sasquatch could have simply been ttying to do as much observation from as many angles as possible. But the body language and behaviour was said to have been enough to not give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sasquatch in Tennessee and west kentucky regions seem semi hostile and aggressive too. But it would seem they have a lot less pressure on them. So still trying to identify the factors that lead to their elevated aggression.

Sasquatch in the south such as skunk apes also tend to be more territorial and aggressive. Making primate like threat displays such as beating palmeto fronds and other behavior.

In a lot of ways the above mentioned more agressive squatch behave much like the yowie in the southern parts of australia. Most of the aggressive yowie sightings tend to be in the dryer eucalyptus forests and scrub land where food isnt as available as say in the queenslands lusher forests. Maybe they see humans and go "oh hell no! These hairless monkeys aint screwing up my area. Humans are the last thing we need!" where as more comfortable yowie or sasquatch might be like "ehh...whatever. You stay there and ill stay here and we can pretend like neither of us exist and we can all go about minding our own business."

Yaren and almasty of central asia have large sprawling lush habitats. They seem much like our pacific north west sasquatch to be pretty docil, reclusive and unconfronting.

Long story short. I often wonder what are the contributing factors for agressive vs mellow or indifferent sasquatch clans troops or subspecies.

Habitat? Resource pressure? Human encroachment? Nuisance pests and rival predators?

Anybody have any thoughts on to sasquatch behaviour concerning why some are aggressive and others are simply curioys and a lot dont want anything to do with humans.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

"... Plus, and I'll probably catch Hell for this, in the early days of "Big Foot," there were some stories of them being seen in relation to grounded UFOs and that they had red eyes and "powers." --Take it for what its worth

You will not catch it from me.
Those reports are still coming in today.
And are being readily dismissed and fiercely denied by some "experts" in the field.

Its just an ape.........right?

Unfortunately that is information I am not prepared to elaborate on at this time.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The Sydney case was out by wentworth falls i believe in the blue mountains. so far enough outside the city.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That's exactly what I was (clumsily, I'm sure) trying to say!

What your friend did was to say, with that low growl, "You don't want no part of this." The Sasquach got the message, and as quickly as possible walked off without making direct eye contact. He was saying "OK, you're right, I don't," but at the same time he never let his guard down. When your friend started following him, the rocks were the Sasquach's way of saying, "But you better stay away from me, too."

Notice how a dog barks. A loud bark is a challenge meant to get attention and instigate contact. A low growl, on the other hand is a warning to stay away, not a direct challenge. But also notice that low growl never has any hint of fear... when fear creeps in, we call it a 'whimper,' which is a message that the dog is giving up and about to run away. Yelling or screaming is like the loud bark, a direct challenge. Crying is like a whimper, an invitation that an attack will be easy. A low, soft, but strong growl is a warning that is usually heeded.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join