It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea may have fired missiles: Japan gov't source

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They're just making sure if there's a war they don't go before China, Japan, and south korea. He's not going start wwiii. Isis is already doing that.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Maplestory777

ISIS is far from starting ww3, youre giving these savages far too much credit.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Didn't fat boy say the other day he would launch a nuke at US. I saw somewhere that he could reach as far as California.

What would happen if he hit Las Angeles or Silicon Valley?

If LA disappeared would any of the 55 electoral votes disappear with it?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think NK is probably harmless.
They do a lot of stuff like this for years on end now..endlessly. I suspect it isn't really to stir up any real retaliation, but instead to keep their own population completely submissive under the fear that they are basically at war against gigantic evil empires and their government is keeping them protected. Its a show to keep control over the people.

Soo damn sad. you know one day they will collapse and NK may unite with SK...and suddenly we will have a whole brand new area of great people to trade and befriend. Dictators suck

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
They do a lot of stuff like this for years on end now..endlessly. I suspect it isn't really to stir up any real retaliation, but instead to keep their own population completely submissive under the fear that they are basically at war against gigantic evil empires and their government is keeping them protected. Its a show to keep control over the people.

Soo damn sad. you know one day they will collapse and NK may unite with SK...and suddenly we will have a whole brand new area of great people to trade and befriend. Dictators suck

Imagine when they get access to uncensored internet and realize all the lies they've been fed. These poor souls even think they won the world cup in 2014.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

And the crazy thing, every SK I ever met I liked, I mean granted they are really just Koreans but you know what I mean.

A nation of potential, locked up by a crazed fatty, so he can continue his family's lifestyle...

edit on 22-3-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Imagine when they get access to uncensored internet and realize all the lies they've been fed. These poor souls even think they won the world cup in 2014.

Wait till they realize a empty plastic water bottle shouldn't cost you a half weeks salary.
Some of the specials interviewing refugees coming from there is outlandish. they live in a bubble of insanity brought to you by their government.

We need to leave the middle east and in exchange, give China a billion or two $ in echange for them turning their back while we go in and toast the government and reunite korea under southern rule

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: SaturnFX

And the crazy thing, every SK I ever met I liked, I mean granted they are really just Koreans but you know what I mean.

A nation of potential, locked up by a crazed fatty, so he can continue his family's lifestyle...

North Korea is a russian experiment. interesting history on how it came to be. sort of disgusting what Russia did there.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I suspect before that happened the missile would be knocked out, the trajectory, speed and alignment would be calculated immediately and taken out.

It's afterwards, regards the the retaliation, that I worry about.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I suspect before that happened the missile would be knocked out, the trajectory, speed and alignment would be calculated immediately and taken out.

It's afterwards, regards the the retaliation, that I worry about.

kind regards,

bally

If the regime develops a functioning ICBM, there isn't an effective defence against it.

As of right now, they do not appear to have a missile that can reach the West coast of America, unless they were to put it onto a boat and park it a couple hundred miles offshore.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

So, California is defenseless against an ICBM ? My thoughts are the launch would be detected, trajectory calculated and a defense mechanism initiated albeit a simple F15. F16, F18, F22 or an F35 to take out the propulsion. I understand the states have armed aircraft in the air 24/7 especially on alert situ's.

Suicide mission for sure but I'd do it to save my country.

might be wrong.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

So, California is defenseless against an ICBM ? My thoughts are the launch would be detected, trajectory calculated and a defense mechanism initiated albeit a simple F15. F16, F18, F22 or an F35 to take out the propulsion. I understand the states have armed aircraft in the air 24/7 especially on alert situ's.

Suicide mission for sure but I'd do it to save my country.

might be wrong.

kind regards,

bally

ICBM is travelling at around 15,000 mph.

There is no effective defence.

Reagan wanted a Stars Wars type defence, it has yet to materialize.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

That's tragic for USA. No defense!!!
It was my understanding that an ICBM coud be detected and an intercept calculated before it reaches it's target regardless of "starwars" defense.

I am corrected.

Thanks,

bally

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I thought we had AEGIS anti-satellite somethin or anothers where all our ships were linked n whatnot to provide some sort of broad ocean missile shield?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

ICBM is travelling at around 15,000 mph.

There is no effective defence.

Reagan wanted a Stars Wars type defence, it has yet to materialize.

...So you and our government would have us believe. I like your choice of a descriptive word "materialize."

The Space Defense Initiative ate up a few trillion dollars and we got nothing to show for it? The hardware is there and you can bet it has been improved upon over the decades.

Finally, you can bet that the public will not be told when we take out something he lobs into the air that we find offensive. From our vantage point, we can only guess about poor rocket designs. From Kim's, he knows full well what happened to his toys.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Neil4No1

The Aegis system is designed against theater range missiles, not ICBMs. The only effective way to stop an ICBM is to hit it during boost or during the mid-course glide phase. Our ground based interceptors haven't worked out well at that though.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So pretty much there is no turning back after a launch? And at launch time you may as well get the ground, air and sea ready for a full assualt? That sucks, it is 2017 and a super power has not come up with a way to stop an ICBM.... Well darn I guess I will have stock up on Jack and coke and finish my garden. I swear if my garden gets messed up I will starts ww3. May even consider launching my daisy icbm and prepare my chickens for war😵 a reply to: Zaphod58

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: jack and coke

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If NK hits anyone with missiles then they are signing their own death warrant. Why would they hang themselves so willingly?

Because their leader believes Big Brother China will save his ass from the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
What would happen if he hit Las Angeles or Silicon Valley?

The Korean Peninsula would be vitrified within 10 minutes, I would hope and assume.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

There are ways, it's just that getting them to work isn't easy.

I usually put it this way...

Imagine a sniper fires a shot at someone. Now imagine that there are other snipers somewhere between him and the target. Those other snipers have to identify a shot was fired, which is pretty easy. Then they have to identify the trajectory of the bullet, figure out which sniper is best placed to take the shot, track and shoot. Not at the sniper, because that's too late, but at his bullet. He has to hit that bullet, with a bullet he fires to protect the person fired at.

Now imagine that the first sniper fires a bullet that splits apart in flight into multiple bullets. Some are big and attractive decoys, others are bullets. And some look like bullets but are decoys.

That, in a nutshell, is what it's like to try to stop an ICBM.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join