It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right. The US should not be militarily involved in Ukraine.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

What does Trump have to do with Chamberlain? Germany was disarmed following WW1. Why was Germany allowed to rearm in the 1930s? Someone very powerful wanted a big war. Who was that someone?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm pleasantly surprised by your views on Chamberlain.

Both sides know about MAD, nobody will let it get that far. At the same time though we might as well give up Trident because we shouldn't stand up to bullies.

I'm not advocating war with Russia.

Russia wouldn't advocate a war with the West.

But at the same time he is testing us greatly, we should be sanctioning them (I know) and we should be reaffirming our allies in that region and dare I say it provide support to the Ukrainians.

Obviously that's somewhat difficult whilst Ukraine is under the influence or should I say guise of a civil war.

Russia is supporting a side, they are in the wrong.

Russia won't go to war with us and we won't be declaring war on them. No need for a nuclear bunker pal.

Doing nothing just gives them more reason to push, hence why we bolstered the Baltic states. I don't feel it's enough though considering what Russia is still doing in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Gosh darn it you caught me out

Eh?...

Actually I was replying to crazyewok and I didn't mention Trump at all in my post...

Weird huh?

I guess everything isn't about Trump so you'll have to tell me what Trump has got to do with Neville Chamberlain because I'm utterly lost.

Who was it who wanted a big war?

Stalin? Jesus? Darth Vader?

Have I went off on one or was it you?

Help please I'm such a confused liberal.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

My family did when they emigrated through earlier Ukrainian Diaspora. So, traditionally it would have been the people who came to the US mostly supporting the prior to Independence and the US allowed such. I support Ukraine as a Personally country. With that do not agree with Putin's view.
One Source

The history of relation while not as extensive as in other countries:
wiki

I would advocate the US helping if there wasn't corruption involved. To say not when John MCCain and Soros(see Orange Revolution in the past as well) are involved. This is giving Russia the go ahead in combination as well to try to guard what they have that they feel would be threatened by the US and the European Union. Being that Ukraine is a strategic point area-as some would say in keeping Russia under wraps- in the Grand Chess Board(Brezinski).

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sure, and neither should Russia. )))

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Russia can't advocate war with the west. Their GDP is smaller than Italy's and Apple is worth more than Russia.

Russia can only oppose the West by using psyops and social engineering. It costs a lot less and there's a certain....plausible deniability about it?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Most switched to new personas too.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Russia is one of those headstrong countries. They defend every inch of their land with every drop of their blood. Ukraine is like that too. In Ukraine tens of thousands killed since 2014 and yet they keep coming. If American soldiers set foot in Crimea which is in Russia's backyard, I shudder to think casualties of American soldiers in Crimea. Russians would never tolerate American soldiers in Russia's backyard.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Russia is one of those headstrong countries. They defend every inch of their land with every drop of their blood. Ukraine is like that too. In Ukraine tens of thousands killed since 2014 and yet they keep coming. If American soldiers set foot in Crimea which is in Russia's backyard, I shudder to think casualties of American soldiers in Crimea. Russians would never tolerate American soldiers in Russia's backyard.

I don't shudder to think of a single American life lost in Crimea, or the ME for that matter. I care more about those people killed by Americans and think it's good that there is some sort of payback. Perhaps a 100.000 for Iraq would be fitting...and that's just one conflict.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join