It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right. The US should not be militarily involved in Ukraine.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Ukraine is a perfect example of why you don't give up your weapons for the promise of security. If they had kept their nuclear weapons, they wouldn't need to rely on a piece of paper to stop an invasion. Countries with nuclear weapons don't get invaded.

A lesson for us all.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: reldra

What a warhawk response.

We went I Iraq against the vote of the UN. We are past the point of passing judgment on other powers. Was their involvement in Ukraine wrong? I know they got Crimea because their lease would run out for their black sea fleet. But their are alot of ethnic Russians who were feeling the bite of Ukraine's distress. Some truly wanted to be part of Russia again.

Were you speaking on the behalf of Crimea and Ukraine so strongly before our presidential cycle? I don't know, I'm just curious.

Warhawk? Nope. And ethnic Russians didn't want this. The entire place was filled with Putin's surrogates and then taken. More of Putin's surrogates are in the rest of the Ukraine.

Are you volunteering to sign up and go fight WW3? Nope? Then sure your not a war hawk, that would be a insult to warhawks........no your a chickenhawk!

No, I am not. And making up odd words for me makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
The Ukraine is a perfect example of why you don't give up your weapons for the promise of security. If they had kept their nuclear weapons, they wouldn't need to rely on a piece of paper to stop an invasion. Countries with nuclear weapons don't get invaded.

A lesson for us all.

They gave up the nuclear weapons for the promise of protection. A lot of people here miss that fact. And the US dropped the ball there.
edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

More sanctions. Especially when their ships and planes get too close to ours. We used to give them a TON of aid. It is down to about 465 million, I think, last count. They lost a lot from us.

Yeah. We have to pay off America's debt some way. To bad Nations don't send us aid. You can thank capitalism for that.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The US should NOT be involved in the RUS/UKR issue....

There wouldn't have been an issue to begin with if Soros' efforts to depose the elected UKR gov't in 2014 didn't happen...

All the focus on Russia, is the globalists at work....

They want UKR in NATO......

How about letting the folks in Ukraine decide their own fate...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: seasonal

I would imagine after the last 8 years and red lines in the sand, our allies were very distrustful.

Ans what would you have us do in regards to Russia?

More sanctions. Especially when their ships and planes get too close to ours. We used to give them a TON of aid. It is down to about 465 million, I think, last count.

They lost a lot from us.

You are seriously advocating a war with Russia as a viable solution? The DNC already tried that in the last hearing with Comey and Rogers. What the hell is wrong with you people... Ah f#ck it nuke the planet. The world is braindead.

I didn't say a war with Russia. I said that the minute they stepped foot in Crimea with troops, we should have placed defensive troops and machinery.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What a warhawk response.

We went I Iraq against the vote of the UN. We are past the point of passing judgment on other powers. Was their involvement in Ukraine wrong? I know they got Crimea because their lease would run out for their black sea fleet. But their are alot of ethnic Russians who were feeling the bite of Ukraine's distress. Some truly wanted to be part of Russia again.

Were you speaking on the behalf of Crimea and Ukraine so strongly before our presidential cycle? I don't know, I'm just curious.

Warhawk? Nope. And ethnic Russians didn't want this. The entire place was filled with Putin's surrogates and then taken. More of Putin's surrogates are in the rest of the Ukraine.

Are you volunteering to sign up and go fight WW3? Nope? Then sure your not a war hawk, that would be a insult to warhawks........no your a chickenhawk!

A chicken hawk is a coward who calls for war but expects others to do the fighting and dying

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

The US should NOT be involved in the RUS/UKR issue....

There wouldn't have been an issue to begin with if Soros' efforts to depose the elected UKR gov't in 2014 didn't happen...

All the focus on Russia, is the globalists at work....

They want UKR in NATO......

How about letting the folks in Ukraine decide their own fate...

The 'folks' in Ukraine did. They didn't want to be part of Russia. Our government had already promised to protect them. We did not.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

American troops in Crimea would have sparked WW3. Crimea is in Russia's backyard. It is not in America's backyard.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What a warhawk response.

A chicken hawk is a coward who calls for war but expects others to do the fighting and dying

I expected US military to be on the ground in Ukraine the second Russia had boots and tanks in Crimea. How is that a chickenhawk?

That would encompass anyone not a soldier.

That is the first hit. That will make Russia believe we will do that on the 2nd and the 3rd. Just another sanction or 'one less bag of wheat for you, you bad boy!'. Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

They gave up the nuclear weapons for the promise of protection. A lot of people here miss that fact. And the US dropped the ball there.

And who was President when that happened. Who decided to get rid of the nukes in that part of the country? Ah yes quiet a famous name. Bill Clinton. That was such a stupid thing for him to do. Thank God his wife didn't get in.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

WRONG... the folks elected a pro Russia anti Europe govt....

Soros and his crew overthrew them with his communist revolutionaries.. much like he is spending his $$$ on in the US...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

And who was President when that happened. Who decided to get rid of the nukes in that part of the country? Ah yes quiet a famous name. Bill Clinton. That was such a stupid thing for him to do. Thank God his wife didn't get in.

regardless, it was done.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I expected US military to be on the ground in Ukraine the second Russia had boots and tanks in Crimea. How is that a chickenhawk? That would encompass anyone not a soldier.

Well your dear leader Obama, was definitely a Chickenhawk, because he was President when it happened. Did you protest?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

WRONG... the folks elected a pro Russia anti Europe govt....

Soros and his crew overthrew them with his communist revolutionaries.. much like he is spending his $$$ on in the US...

No the 'folks' did no such thing. Putin had surrogates in there early.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

regardless, it was done.

Exactly and now Trump will deal with it his way. The country has seen what militaristic leadership from the democratic party accomplishes. Now it is time to deal in a different way.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

I expected US military to be on the ground in Ukraine the second Russia had boots and tanks in Crimea. How is that a chickenhawk? That would encompass anyone not a soldier.

Well your dear leader Obama, was definitely a Chickenhawk, because he was President when it happened. Did you protest?

I was unhappy. I thought he should have done more. But he was always the 'negotiator and diplomacy' President.
better than the lunacy we have now. A lot less dangerous, as most of you keep trying to say against Russia. Trump is dangerous and I mean for everything.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The US didn't drop the ball. Obama did.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Ukraine is our ally. Crimea was taken by force. Of course we should be involved.

Why not, because Russia, our adversary doesn't like it? Then we might as well drop all help to our allies.

Don't even try to say 'Crimea wanted to go'. It didn't.

When it happened the Right wanted to do something and the Left said "no, we shouldn't provoke Russia".

What changed?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
US shouldn't be involved in Ukraine?

Too late: Convoy of US military trucks caught on the Ukrainian border heading into the country.

Clearly US vehicles

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join