It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right. The US should not be militarily involved in Ukraine.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: reldra

What a warhawk response.

We went I Iraq against the vote of the UN. We are past the point of passing judgment on other powers. Was their involvement in Ukraine wrong? I know they got Crimea because their lease would run out for their black sea fleet. But their are alot of ethnic Russians who were feeling the bite of Ukraine's distress. Some truly wanted to be part of Russia again.

Were you speaking on the behalf of Crimea and Ukraine so strongly before our presidential cycle? I don't know, I'm just curious.

Warhawk? Nope. And ethnic Russians didn't want this. The entire place was filled with Putin's surrogates and then taken. More of Putin's surrogates are in the rest of the Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ukraine east of the Dnepr river had been part of the Russian empire for centuries. Following WW2 the part west of the Dnepr river was taken from Poland and added to Ukraine.

True , Part of the Ukraine Bordered with Poland and at one time was considered Polish Territory .

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Ukraine is not a NATO country. Bulgaria is. Croatia is. Slovakia is. Slovenia is. Czech is. Poland is. Lithuania is. Latvia is. Estonia is. Romania is. Belarus is not. Ukraine is not. Russia is not. It is to America's advantage if Ukraine and Russia fight a war with each other.

Ukraine is our ally. We help them. Period.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Who wants to go to war over Ukraine. While we are so concerned about the troops, pray for the ones sent to Syria.

(post by Naturallywired removed for a manners violation)

link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: allsee4eye
Ukraine is our ally. Crimea was taken by force. Of course we should be involved.

Why not, because Russia, our adversary doesn't like it? Then we might as well drop all help to our allies.

Don't even try to say 'Crimea wanted to go'. It didn't.
You are the enemy. I get what your whole speil here on ATS is now. Yep I get your bias now.

Woah bro, don't cut yourself on that edge.

Instead of declaring enemies of other members of ATS, or people on the opposite side of the political spectrum, how about you support your opinions with worthy debate and evidence.

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I honestly don't understand liberals. They always talk about peace, and how the US shouldn't get involved in overseas disputes. But now that Trump is President, he is a Russian agent because he doesn't want to get involved with the Ukraine/Russia dispute. That situation isn't ours to police, we aren't the world's police, at least that's what liberals always used to say.

I figured it out a few years ago.

Given two or more choices, leftists will ALWAYS chose whatever is worst for America and Americans.

It really is as simple as that.

It's the E = mc2 of politics in America.
edit on 21-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Ukraine is our ally. Crimea was taken by force. Of course we should be involved.

Then why wasn't Obama capable of retaliating with nothing better than sanctions?

Republicans fought him over it. Having a ground war is a difficult thing to push. I would have put boots on the ground. That would have been the line to cross with me. Immediately and swiftly, with drones and planes.

Obama was definitely more qualified to decide. He went slower than I would have wanted.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Why not, because Russia, our adversary doesn't like it? Then we might as well drop all help to our allies.

You are the enemy. I get what your whole speil here on ATS is now. Yep I get your bias now.

Woah bro, don't cut yourself on that edge.

Instead of declaring enemies of other members of ATS, or people on the opposite side of the political spectrum, how about you support your opinions with worthy debate and evidence.
It's time and I made my line in the sand.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I, personally, am the enemy? How so?
[snipped]

I do know what I am talking about.
edit on 3.22.2017 by Kandinsky because: Snipped quote of removed post

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I honestly don't understand liberals. They always talk about peace, and how the US shouldn't get involved in overseas disputes. But now that Trump is President, he is a Russian agent because he doesn't want to get involved with the Ukraine/Russia dispute. That situation isn't ours to police, we aren't the world's police, at least that's what liberals always used to say.

I figured it out a few years ago.

Given two or more choices, leftists will ALWAYS chose whatever is worst for America and Americans.

It really is as simple as that.

It's the E = mc2 of politics in America.

Oddly, you say that, yet Trump is in the middle of pushing laws and plans that will make the poorest and middle class in a very bad position.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Cause you have this certain bias and don't know sh*t about what you are talking about just like other posters have already pointed out to you.

NEVER

link   

So there's no way that the citizens feeling the deterioration of Ukraine didn't want to fall under Russia's umbrella?

link   

Cause you have this certain bias and don't know sh*t about what you are talking about just like other posters have already pointed out to you.

NEVER

OK, that was informative.

link   

Republicans fought him over it.

Which Republicans? Source?

Obama was definitely more qualified to decide. He went slower than I would have wanted.

Of course you do realize that Obama's 'snail pace' is what allowed Putin to acquire Crimea in the first place, right? Had Obama identified the problem and then dealt with it when it arose, this conversation wouldn't be taking place.

Anyone with a brain can see that Obama was setting up all the necessary circumstances to invoke a third world war. But he'd rather pass that burden onto Hillary instead of do the right thing and be the executive commander in chief.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You're looking at this through the lense of our politics. That's condescending to a sovereign nation and one of the reasons we have a bad image.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So there's no way that the citizens feeling the deterioration of Ukraine didn't want to fall under Russia's umbrella?

Most of them did not. Russia paid for a lot of propaganda saying they did. Russia is deteriorating swiftly. Some very near the border may have wanted it. but in general, they did not.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You're looking at this through the lense of our politics. That's condescending to a sovereign nation and one of the reasons we have a bad image.

Nope I am not. Ukraine is a sovereign nation and Russia walked in and took part of it by force. Period.

The right seems to love Putin. Do you want to give the state you live in to him?
edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Then why wasn't Obama capable of retaliating with nothing better than sanctions?

Republicans fought him over it. Having a ground war is a difficult thing to push. I would have put boots on the ground. That would have been the line to cross with me. Immediately and swiftly, with drones and planes.

DAMN, you make Dick Cheney look like a dove! Warhawk is too soft a phrase for you. Prepared to start WW3 over a small piece of land thousands of miles away! Let's Get Ready to Rumble, over Crimea!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Nope I am not. Ukraine is a sovereign nation and Russia walked in and took part of it by force. Period.

The right seems to love Putin. Do you want to give the state you live in to him?

edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join