It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right. The US should not be militarily involved in Ukraine.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is a terrible war. Tens of thousands of lives lost. Fortunately, OSCE is there to keep peace, relatively speaking. If the US gets militarily involved between these two former Soviet power houses, the lives of US soldiers would be put in jeopardy for no benefit to the US. Recently, eastern Ukrainian rebels received Orsis T-5000 rifles from Russia, as seen in the video below. There is no need to endanger US service men and women in a potential conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye
Ukraine is our ally. Crimea was taken by force. Of course we should be involved.

Why not, because Russia, our adversary doesn't like it? Then we might as well drop all help to our allies.

Don't even try to say 'Crimea wanted to go'. It didn't.

edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

(post by Naturallywired removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What a warhawk response.

We went I Iraq against the vote of the UN. We are past the point of passing judgment on other powers. Was their involvement in Ukraine wrong? I know they got Crimea because their lease would run out for their black sea fleet. But their are alot of ethnic Russians who were feeling the bite of Ukraine's distress. Some truly wanted to be part of Russia again.

Were you speaking on the behalf of Crimea and Ukraine so strongly before our presidential cycle? I don't know, I'm just curious.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The Ukraine at one time was part of the Soviet Union . The Allied Powers at the End of WWII Ceded to the Soviet Union that Territory as a Sphere of Influence in the Yalta Agreement . Since the Fall of the Soviet Union , the Ukraine was given it's Independence . If it Wishes to Continue to be an Independent Country , then it will just have to Fight Any way it Can to remain so . The United States Has , and Will remain Neutral in any Dispute between Russia and the Ukraine because it is in it's Best Interest to do so .

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Ukraine is not a NATO country. Bulgaria is. Croatia is. Slovakia is. Slovenia is. Czech is. Poland is. Lithuania is. Latvia is. Estonia is. Romania is. Belarus is not. Ukraine is not. Russia is not. It is to America's advantage if Ukraine and Russia fight a war with each other.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Define involved.

link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Perfect example of how they have turned people against one another right here. Calling someone the enemy because they share a different opinion than you. Priceless.

link   

Ukraine is our ally. Crimea was taken by force. Of course we should be involved.

Then why wasn't Obama capable of retaliating with nothing better than sanctions?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ukraine east of the Dnepr river had been part of the Russian empire for centuries. Following WW2 the part west of the Dnepr river was taken from Poland and added to Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

We still had a treaty with Ukraine with nuclear stipulations. We attempted to snag them as a NATO ally which may have forced the invasion.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Perfect example of how they have turned people against one another right here. Calling someone the enemy because they share a different opinion than you. Priceless.
Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You enjoy it too, that's probably the worst part.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Correct. NATO does not accept a country with territorial dispute. Knowing Ukraine will never give up on Crimea, Ukraine will forever have territorial dispute. Hence Ukraine will never join NATO.

The Budapest memorandum does not guarantee military action on behalf of Ukraine if invaded.
edit on 21-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You enjoy it too, that's probably the worst part.
Burn baby burn!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Glad you're happy with being part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I honestly don't understand liberals. They always talk about peace, and how the US shouldn't get involved in overseas disputes. But now that Trump is President, he is a Russian agent because he doesn't want to get involved with the Ukraine/Russia dispute. That situation isn't ours to police, we aren't the world's police, at least that's what liberals always used to say.
edit on 21-3-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired

originally posted by: reldra

Why not, because Russia, our adversary doesn't like it? Then we might as well drop all help to our allies.

Don't even try to say 'Crimea wanted to go'. It didn't.
You are the enemy. I get what your whole speil here on ATS is now. Yep I get your bias now.

I, personally, am the enemy? How so?

link   

Damn right we shouldn't. We're wasting lives, homes, and money with all these military conflicts. How long can this continue?

That said, I don't think the above are apart of Trumps motives.

link   

Glad you're happy with being part of the problem.
Oh so it's a problem when I call out somebody who is not you on their post and you interject ? Amirite?
edit on 3 21 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join