It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-Mexico border wall fight: California considers divesting from companies involved in Wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ahh liberal dems, and their tolerance.

3 California dems are warning contractors that if the work on the border wall, and they will divest from their company. Assemblyman Phil Ting said the wall is a shame and they don't want any part of it, that of course means no one should have any part of it.

Three California Democrats have a warning for contractors who sign up for President Donald Trump’s border-wall construction project between the U.S. and Mexico: Build it, and we will divest from your company.
“This is a wall of shame and we don’t want any part of it,” Assemblyman Phil Ting, D-San Francisco, said in a statement. “Immigrant stories are the history of America and this is a nightmare.”
www.mercurynews.com...

Bill 946 would require public employee retirement $$$ not to be thrown to any company that helps build the wall. Tolerance at it's finest.

Assembly Bill 946 would require the California Public Employee Retirement System and the California State Teachers Retirement System — the two largest public pension funds in the nation, with investments of $312 billion and $202 billion, respectively — to liquidate investments in any company involved with the wall’s construction within a year. It would also require the pension-fund management to report a list of those companies to the Legislature.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good. The wall is a stupid idea. If California doesn't want it, that is a good way to show it.

Trump has threatened businesses over all manner of nonsense. Follow by example!

edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Can we just extend the wall around south Cali, too?

My understanding is that northern Cali is tired of them, too.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Great News for Contractors in the Rest of the Country . Eff California , The Wall Will be Build regardless of the Spineless Politicians in that State .The LAW Will be Enforced !

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

reply from: Reldra
You think the pipeline protest was big? Well, you might think to the WALL protest. It would dwarf the other.
edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: reply is messing up

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Great News for Contractors in the Rest of the Country . Eff California , The Wall Will be Build regardless of the Spineless Politicians in that State .The LAW Will be Enforced !

And regardless of land owned by people in the way?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That is their right, and I support it. I wonder how long before their protests turn ugly?
edit on 21-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, I guess that means that the California government is a dictatorship kind of government. I thought this was a free country?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

And regardless of land owned by people in the way?

Yes . The LAW Will be Enforced .

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
“Immigrant stories are the history of America and this is a nightmare.” Yes legal immigrants and not the illegals. The immigration laws and the process to become a american citizen are there for a reason and if you're caught cheating the system you are out. These people are so dense it hurts my brain.

Well Trump has currently over 400 contractor bids for the wall i doubt he will lose much sleep over this. California is slowly turning into Gaul but even they couldn't resist forever. What a shame that Cali has no magic potion to destroy the wall. Caesar i mean Trump is right at the gates. This is ridicilous.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Good. The wall is a stupid idea. If California doesn't want it, that is a good way to show it.

Trump has threatened businesses over all manner of nonsense. Follow by example!

So you agree with Assemblyman Phil Ting?

How has "Trump threatened businesses over all manner of nonsense"?

If you could, be specific.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I actually hope they do. Maybe it will wake up the people in Cali when all the work drys up. Maybe it is time to divest federal resources to a state that is quiet clearly not working to help the newly elected President of the United States. Maybe the states that got Trump elected should start showing solidarity with any business they have with California. Sure it might cause some problems, but lets face it as a Nation.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I would think that if a peeing match with Trump is what California wants, I imagine that is what they will get.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You support penalizing businesses for seeking business in a free market due to political beliefs?

So you're a communist. A communist whom also supports legislation against a group or groups of people without trial, who've been found guilty of nothing, while stomping on the civil rights of business owners simply for going against your political viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You really think it is stupid? I mean it will just provide a lot of jobs, give our economy a boost, and more protection. In my mind, and it is nothing personal mind you, if that idea sounds stupid to someone it makes me question their rationality and cohesiveness.

Trump has threatened businesses over all manner of nonsense.

Can you provide links please? It would make it easier to see where your train of thought lies.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I actually hope they secede Imoh.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

So you agree with Assemblyman Phil Ting? How has "Trump threatened businesses over all manner of nonsense"? If you could, be specific.

Exactly what I was thinking. Good questions.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That is their right, and I support it. I wonder how long before their protests turn ugly?

It is already ugly.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

“Immigrant stories are the history of America and this is a nightmare.” Yes legal immigrants and not the illegals. The immigration laws and the process to become a american citizen are there for a reason and if you're caught cheating the system you are out. These people are so dense it hurts my brain. Well Trump has currently over 400 contractor bids for the wall i doubt he will lose much sleep over this. California is slowly turning into Gaul but even they couldn't resist forever. What a shame that Cali has no magic potion to destroy the wall. Caesar i mean Trump is right at the gates. This is ridicilous.

Of course Cali is Gaul. It has been for some time now. I hope California succeeds in all their efforts to encourage more seceding.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I say screw the Wall. It seems like a silly hare-brained idea.
I say releasing thousands of Nile crocodiles into the Rio Grande is a better idea and it would save us billions.
Nile crocodiles with lasers.
edit on 21-3-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join