It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how is the NSA not a Law Enforcement organization?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
When I heard the NSA Director tell us that they are not a Law Enforcement organization im thinking now i know that is a lie.

It wasn't factual. In fact, I carried a badge and a gun every single day I worked for them. I had more 'jurisdiction' as a federal agent under the NSA umbrella than in any other position (even if it was with the same badge and a similar gun).

Tell us about your long NSA career. We already have someone else who claims to be in the employ of British Intelligence services. I am sure this is all encouraged to be shared in an open internet forum.

And say you are being entirely truthful. Were you able to enforce laws and arrest people within the US?

I didn't have a long career with them. I spent about four and half years in that particular assignment. My job was to make sure the law wasn't being broken by the guys who listened in on the beginnings of your conversations (which was quite the joke). Those laws were shattered every day to much laughter and knee slapping. You wouldn't believe the things people say to one another over the phone.

What never happened were reports nor the retention of materials recorded.

There's absolutely nothing secret about what I did or when I did it ... IOW ... nothing glamorous. Sorry if that disappoints you.

I'm not disappointed at all. All you say about surveillance is backed up by Wikipedia.
But as for law enforcement, you were not. Sounds like you were supervising NSA agents and that law. You made it appear as though you were law enforcement in regard to citizens. With the badge and gun and all.

I wonder, though, if you've understood what Snarl alluded to but did not go into, that probably is not on Wikipedia: why the start of the conversations was important, and why that was such a big joke..
Idk, maybe that is on wiki.

As for the topic I think most are missing the point. For "purposes of national security," which is pretty vague on purpose so pretty much anything can be included, it is naive for anyone to think they don't have jurisdiction, or don't even bother with even that terminology or concept. They are the nth degree agency in this country. They can do whatever they wish, and even prob retroactively justify it if needed, but unlikely it would be needed since they are The Watchers, and I doubt they answer to anyone. They ARE the security clearance, for instance....they don't need anyone to grant it to them. And as has been said, it is unlikely, as well, they need to arrest anyone to stop whatever they're engaged in. That would be way to straightforward.

The reason that agency has to come out and say they are not a law enforcement agency is that with increasing public awareness of just how much they know about you if they want to know, just how much people are monitored for whatever reason, is then everyone realizes, for instance, if there really were pedophile and human slavery amongst the elite and all powerful, why didn't the NSA do something? And mind you, that's only one example....

Think of all the attendant possibilities of having all that eavesdropping power.
tetra

<< 1  2  3   >>

join