It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel Walmart, where the homeless go.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Bleeding heart? Maybe, but it just sounds to me like you have a heart.

That thing you do is the true definition of charity. Please keep doing it, but please stay safe while you do so.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think you might be surprised how many businesses with larger than normal parking lots allow it.

The supermarket I worked at allowed overnight, or even longer, so long as they picked up after themselves. When we stopped being a 24 hr. store, we still allowed it, though the bathroom usage was a problem.

I know half a dozen different stores locally that allow it. The cops will occasionally cruise by, but I'm not aware of any overt harassment. Though I'm not as clued into the homeless population as I once was. Used to be kinda my job to make sure things stayed safe, for customers and the homeless.

The store got a lot of favorable press from it, and some, of course, complained about the homeless being there. Our attitude was, essentially, if you don't like it, we didn't really care.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I find it very discouraging that we as a society complain about homelessness and homeless people more than trying to help them and end homelessness altogether.

I feel great empathy for anyone who does not have a home, most people look down on them like they're subhuman. I find that very sad and I think it speaks volumes about the current state of our society.

You are exactly correct but then its entirly predictable.

In a country like the US where money is valued so much its entirly predictable that the sole measure of a man will and has become how much money he has.

Because the rest of the world follows the US then this same mentality is/has spreading everywhere. Money has become a primary measure of personal value, contribution and success in my country too.

Funny how that equates with having so many wealthy people in politics.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And then you read forbes and see how many BILLIONAIRES there is is usa. How in an advance society with so many ridiculously rich people can there still be hungry people?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

So you say how much money make the person. Your countries debt is so big that a person with 0.00 in the bank in africa is still richer as the avarage american who live with debt

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here ya go

WalMart Camping

top topics

<< 1   >>

join