It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is that bright planet in the UK night sky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: DISRAELI

So that small star below is Spica and the other pretty bright one to the left is Arcturas. Not that I'm a genius or anything... just got that from the net.

When I look at it the small star is almost as close to be attached to it..
edit on 21-3-2017 by kuraijanai2013 because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

Currently, the brightest object in the southeastern sky is Jupiter....about 10-12 degrees from the horizon. And if it has a moon that you can see, that's it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I guess it has to be Jupiter. Very bright!!

Yeah... Venus has gone to the North now and can't be seen unless you are further North of course...

"The night sky in March 2017: a disappearing planet....Venus Goodbye to all this: dazzling Venus is set to disappear from our evening sky later in March. A few gaps in the gloomy weather over past weeks may have provided opportunity to spot brilliant Venus shining away in the southwest shortly after sunset."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

It's actually more West now from here, but clear as a bell this evening even in a bright, very clear early part of the pale sunset. It will soon be more North though and will be an early morning viewing.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If you can see one of Jupiter's moons with your named eye, your vision must be really, really good!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandy555

If you can see one of Jupiter's moons with your named eye, your vision must be really, really good!

AH, you name your eyes too Mandy....thank goodness, I thought I was the only one....

My left eye is called Bluebeam and my right is called Hazelpie.

What are yours called?

And if you can see Jupiter's Moons with the "Naked" eye in England, then you have very good eyesight......Like Telescopic rated eyes.
I didn't even know you could see stars in England.......just clouds.
edit on 21-3-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So Venus is always within 44 degrees of the sun

I like the plow......the Little Dipper looks like a plow.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Jupiter is my favorite thing to look at in the night sky. With even a half decent telescope, you can see its cloud bands, which is an amazing sight and will hook you on using a telescope instantly if you're anything like me lol. Likewise with Saturn's rings.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There's an app called "sky view" ....they have a free one, and a more advanced one you can pay for... both are great at identifying stars and planets...download it to your phone, and point your phone at the planet in question ....works really good ! It will even show you what's in the other side of the earth .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join