It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mock Slave Auction Stokes Tempers At Maplewood Elementary School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Looking at our standing of 17 among other nations in education perhaps we should concentrate on getting to a score where we are better than South Korea, but at least we are better than Mexico. When schools get education right, then they can work on "social justice". US 17th In Global Education Ranking; Finland, South Korea Claim Top Spots www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What, you want to to ban history classes?

(I am not sure how that quote is relevant for this discussion)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Yes that is what I said/sarc

This is simple white guilt-white privilege that has a firm hand in the social justice BLM movement.

But hey why not let 5th graders hold a mock slave auction. Perhaps we should do a mock up of the rape of Germany in waning days of WW II. As long as the kids are learning right?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

If they're intent is to teach all the children the history of slavery in the US then they really ought to include all the black slave owners into the lesson plan as well.

So black kid for sale by another black kid. Or maybe there was only one black kid in their class?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

While you got to be a complete moron to not see the potential for a backlash from this, I think people get triggered to quickly over things they THINK they should be triggered about.

Were the boys forced to do this? Did they actually buy and sell the Kid?
Is this any worse than a child acting as a slave in a movie or tv program? Where was the rage against Oprah Winfrey and the color purple? Society has lost its balls, mind, ovaries , common sense and outer skin. We are doomed.

edit on 39331America/ChicagoTue, 21 Mar 2017 20:39:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join