It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Physical Appearance Of the gods According To Ancient Text.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Marduk

Well by every definition of our view of the world our god is from above, the sky, not of this earth and that mean's extra terrestrial AND my God as christian's is also a man as he came to earth and assumed human form but he is also a being of pure energy or spirit as well so it is not that simple.

Then Kisar became Ki (some of the educated might get that one)

Must be talking about my genius:

I'm still working on the Spirit Bomb myself.

edit on 21-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That is why they are often linked to the Antediluvian ancient teachers and guardians of knowledge whom supposedly tought society and disseminated here knowledge to slowly recreate there lost golden age.

Personally I believe it is part of our nature to have to look up to higher being's, we grow up and can no longer reach for our parent's hand's when thing's hit the fan so we seek for a higher parent to hold our hand's.

However that may sound I am a christian in my belief and this thread is for me mostly speculative but also informative and interesting, you all make good point' and it is a joy to see ATS going back to what it is supposed to be.

edit on 21-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Marduk
Are we reading the same thread, the OP went out of his way to show that all the Gods attributes are common in homo sapiens and then said "Aliens", you don't think there might be a more simple solution, rather than the one which has no evidence

It convinced Hitler why not ATSers?

excellent point, well presented

He got busted though didn't he...

btw aren't you a spaceship on the The Expanse

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I thought the Indian Vedic Gods had blue skin?

Isn't that how they are portrayed?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

Every single one of them.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

Funny story about depictions of blue skin I asked that question to a hindu practicer and he said it is symbolic of royal blood. I also asked him about Hinduism relationship to roman greek gods and he stated thats what happens when a part of your country is conquered and old and new religions mix. He was honest about it which i found refreashing.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

In Sumerian/Akkadian tablets the gods & their offspring were described as having beards like “Lapis-lazuli” which is a deep blue stone used for jewellery & various arts.

Actually you're thinking of Egypt, not Mesopotamia. And this Egyptian reference is due to Lapis Lazuli being a royal stone equated with beards being a sacred object. The Mesopotamian hymn says "my beard mottled like lapis lazuli" which would indicate the LINES, not the colour itself.

There also seem to be some weird references of light skinned children mentioned on some tablets , The Sumerian words for "white kid" is spelled (white = bar , kid = damu)

A KID IS A BABY GOAT! Now you're just making # up!!!

At least you mentioned how the Sumerians and Akkadians called themselves "black-headed people". And they're the oldest, so much for your blonde alien master race.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Those Swedes sure got around those days. Maybe there were a few Swiss gods too.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Ploughing with the jewels, ploughing with the jewels, for whom is he ploughing? Ama-ucumgal-ana, ploughing with the jewels, for whom is he ploughing? The beard of the one whom he will create for me, the one whom he will create for me, is of lapis-lazuli, the beard of the ...... whom An will create for me is lapis-lazuli, the beard of the ...... is of lapis-lazuli, his beard is of lapis-lazuli."

A kungar to Inana and Dumuzid (Dumuzid-Inana I)
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

There's a few others, here's a handy list
which it seems, was compiled by a great scholar a number of years ago, for a situation, just like this...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I stand corrected, thanks! But it still doesnt necessitate their beards were literally blue.
From Colour Symbolism in Ancient Mesopotamia:

Blue was symbolic of royalty and sacredness just like gold in most cultures. Beards were a symbol of manliness/power and thus a blue beard would be a very powerful symbol, not literal.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Alot of ancient cultures also talk about the gods returning one day.
I hope for their sake they dont, the PC crowd will crucify them for their lack of diversity

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I KNEW it was all white peoples fault!! Damn you dirty apes!!!

Now on a serious note.. I see a LOT of BS i the OP, but love the effort and discussion.
Let me point out though, blue eye color..it doesnt exist
Yes, I was shocked too.. but here you go.

No Blue Eyes

The layering kind of puts a new spin on all of this so called genetic eye color BS "facts" that are passed around.

My eyes are more yellow than anything. Theyre true Amber.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
I stand corrected, thanks! But it still doesnt necessitate their beards were literally blue.
not literal.

Do you remember this, from the tomb of Queen Puabi

The beard is made of lapis,
it looks a bit stiff
I wouldn't be surprised if the aristocracy were dying their beards blue though, would you

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

That sound's cool Amber eye's, actually some very beautiful lady's have amber eye's, kind of blind to bloke's so I can't pass judgment there but it would be cool, almost wolfish in some way's.

Mine are not blue but hazel green flecked with blue and with an amber or golden flecked ring in the centre which only really shows up when my pupils are small, we are all human being's no matter the difference though I actually once heard that Europeans often have better night vision than equatorial people's (probably because of our long dark winters, also have more small corpuscles under the surface of the skin as an adaptation to colder weather but not a patch on the eskimo of course) but that modern living and artificial lighting has robbed current generation's of this natural advantage in low light vision since these day's children grow up in artificially well illuminated environment's.

I personally do remember as a child being exposed to true absolute darkness in a cave for a period of time and being astounded when we came out into the moonless night as I could even see the definite form of the shadow's cast by the star light which after the cave seemed very bright under the tree's and even pick out more detail than I would normally have been aware of or noticed, it was like having my eye's opened again.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

For the Skin oh the Hindu gods, the way it is worded refers to the deities comrades as having fair complexion and the next quote, the writer refers to himself as having fair complexion, as in, "In good conscience i did blah blah blah..." - "Fair-complexioned i..." there is no punctuation before writer refers to himself so he is not describing the god. Sorry.
edit on 20America/ChicagoTue, 21 Mar 2017 20:00:52 -0500000000pm2017-03-21T20:00:52-05:0031002017-03-21T20:00:52-05:00 by Heruactic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Do I remember it? How old do you take me for?! I remember the gold/blue goat statues from those early Ur royals, it was leaning up on a tree or something
If they had woad or something they could have made blue dye. But you'd think if the OP was correct they'd prefer blonde

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Guys I'm not trying to convince people anything , and I certainly don't have some alien agenda , Im just bringing up a topic that's worth discussing.

If I really was bias I would have included pictures of blue eyed Sumerian art from Lapus lazulli stones or left out the fact that some deities like Gilgamesh had dark hair.

Or I could have mentioned that western Europeans are the tallest people in the world

edit on 21-3-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Over all the tallest and I believe part of the Netherland's hold's that distinction along with the southern slavic people of the Dinaric Alps both averaging about 6'1" for men.

BUT that is ignoring some very tall African people's whom could challenge that.
news.softpedia.com...

There are tales and even old photographs' of extremely tall native north american's that could be called giant with European men standing next to them and not even reaching there shoulders.

But today with nutrition and better medicine European's are actually in some cases getting taller, if the same condition's were present for them how tall would they get.

Then again this is worth taking into account and there are many similar account's that can not be dismissed out of hand that may indicate a larger human race once existed but is now either extinct or our shared ancestor around the whole world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
greaterancestors.com...

New Zealand is fairly unique in that there are a lot of people whom want the truth out and it is important to them but this same story is repeated again and again around the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian
Guys I'm not trying to convince people anything , and I certainly don't have some alien agenda

yet

The only reason why I'm bringing up this scenario is because allot of well respected people in the ufo community like David Wilcock & Robert Dean have talk allot about "Nordic aliens" which seems to fit into this whole 'Aryan gods' phenomena.

If David Wilcock is your idea of "well respected" then I'd hate to see who you consider crappy.

If I really was bias I would have included pictures of blue eyed Sumerian art from Lapus lazulli stones or left out the fact that some deities like Gilgamesh had dark hair.

It still doesnt mean they had blue eyes. They might have, but eyes are highly symbolic as is the colour blue, as I mentioned above. You should also mention their art that didnt have blue eyes - like the royal standard of Ur which has lapis lazuli but not on their eyes, or the votive statues with black eyes.

Or I could have mentioned that western Europeans are the tallest people in the world

Height isnt all genetic, and diet/health is a huge factor. No coincidence that Western Europe also has the best health care systems in the world. The tallest person I ever met was a 7'-something Japanese man. Also a country with good diet/health care.
And you didnt address all the points about the Rig Veda... probably because they disagree with what you claim.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian

Guys I'm not trying to convince people anything

Wait, isn't there something to do with the equator or something that has some effect on skin colour globally,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join