It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches in the USA are DEAD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CollectSecretHistory

Just study from home (in a group if you like). I order lessons from rbthieme.org. He was pretty good.
edit on 21-3-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow
YOu constantly mish mash all these relgions together so no one understands anything in truth. the only thing you have right is the Roman catholic church needs disbanding.

And Yahweh is a mistranslation. there was no word for his actual name in translation so they approximated one. God should be the only name God is called by Gentiles.

Jesus fulfilled his desires by sacrificing himself as well. Also Jesus was not meant to rule jerusalem until his return after tribulation. SO claiming he denied himself the first time is just wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Difficult with the YHVH is evil.

New Testament usages:

YHVH Shaddai - 2 Corinthians 6:18

YHVH Elohim - Acts 3:22

YHVH Elohay Yisrael - Luke 1:68

YHVH Tz'vaot - James 5:4

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Jesus said his kingdom is now of another world.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow

John 18:36, “but now is my kingdom not from hence.” His kingdom would be established on earth, just not “now,” not during His First Coming. This is important to notice—“now” is a word that is commonly overlooked in John 18:36. As He knew, He could not reign as King until after He had gone to Calvary’s cross and died for man’s sins (Luke 17:24-25). In addition, the institution of our 2,000-year-long Dispensation of Grace has further delayed Christ’s reign on earth.

See you MODIFIED the Verse Jesus said. Isnt that a Sin to do?

Here the following includes his entire quote.

John chapter 18: [36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”

SO please stop mis quoting.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Difficult with the YHVH is evil.

New Testament usages:

YHVH Shaddai - 2 Corinthians 6:18

YHVH Elohim - Acts 3:22

YHVH Elohay Yisrael - Luke 1:68

YHVH Tz'vaot - James 5:4

He lied to Moses and Pharaoh. How many children did he say he would kill in Exodus 4? Killed children is the point, but move on to the number. One. How many did he kill by Ex. 11? All of them, including animals.

In Genesis 9:6, who is talking, because you can't say Yahweh. Would God say this, then do the opposite? No. Elohim said his comments in Genesis 8. Use the NOG Bible to read correct names. BibleGateway. God does not murder children, but Moloch does.

John 8 tells you who he is. Exodus 4 tells you Israel is his firstborn. Adam is firstborn of Elohim. John 8 tells us he is a list and murderer. Accuser? Yes. Adversary to man? Yes.

edit on 21-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight..."

Just what I paraphrased.

John 8

But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollectSecretHistory
Is it hopeless looking for the needle in the haystack here in the USA. Dead churchs are left and right, up and down the streets. I want to find Holy Spirit FILLED Christians and it is like a needle in a haystack. I am beyond frustrated, tired of only have blind people as well to ask about these things. No one seems to know what a living church is. Where is the power? I think it would be better looking for real Christians over in Saudi Arabia or Afganistan or some place where Christian hypocrisy is not so rampant.

It's not just a US thing.

To many tv evangelists have taught those in ministry salvation is about wealth and being happy
I agree with you
Most ministers dont understand theology and most people in the congregations ignore each other

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There are still some good churches out there, you just have to go to them to see if you can find a good one.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CollectSecretHistory

Your questions made me recall these words I read in 1Kings 19, when Elijah was losing hope. Maybe you have grown beyond feel good religion or that kind of religion has served its time.

A great strong wind was rending mountains and breaking crags, but the Lord was not in the wind.
After the wind there was a quaking, the Lord was not in the quaking.
And after the quaking there was a fire, the Lord was not in the fire.
And after the fire, there was a calming low voice.

And Elijah found the strength to continue.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

The only problem with that is that technology is never going to grant a full-blooded mankind salvation. A temporary release in endorphines because of new science and/or tech progress will never take the place of coming to terms with life and death and one's own necessity for salvation and the love for other people.

This is why the need for a good fellowship... But just as the relationship between a man and a woman has been redefined, so has the relationship between mankind and God. Therefore, the fellowship of Christians which becomes stagnant because of comfort turns into arguments over nonsense and gossips about someone else's lifestyle.

Try just following Jesus, instead of Pauline doctrine. The reason churches are so divided, messed up, and "a business"...is due to making a false apostle your shepherd. But hey, what do I know? Since all I am is a "fiend". (grin).

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight..."

Just what I paraphrased.

John 8

But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Once again you are not using the entire quote and that changes its meaning. But you wont use it because it proves you wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Just what I paraphrased.

John 8

Once again you are not using the entire quote and that changes its meaning. But you wont use it because it proves you wrong.

Feel free to use the entire quote, then give us the whole meaning. What I quoted earlier is exactly what is written in the verse. No difference. He makes himself clear. Please fill us all in with your meaning. Compare and contrast to my first statement. Negate what I have stated. Provide context.

edit on 22-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

MIne was the correct quote. ALready posted it. yours was a half quote and also Using the NIV..which is a blasphemy in itself to make your case. I am not doing your HW for you. anyone with a lick of sense can see you are not right.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

MIne was the correct quote. ALready posted it. yours was a half quote and also Using the NIV..which is a blasphemy in itself to make your case. I am not doing your HW for you. anyone with a lick of sense can see you are not right.

I SAID: "Jesus said his kingdom is now of another world."

KJV - John 8 - 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

YOU POSTED: John chapter 18: [36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”

Tell me, what is the difference in the three? What is Jesus saying here of the New Heaven and Earth as juxtaposed to this heaven and earth? You are accusing me. Let's put it to the words themselves. Now you can explain how I am wrong, not just accuse me of being wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I SAID: "Jesus said his kingdom is now of another world."

1611 KJV
"John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world."

At this time, of the above verse, Jesus did not say that his kingdom was of another world. He had no kingdom at this time.

What He did say, in this verse, was that his prior existence was from the celestial realm [world] while we/they are from this terrestrial realm [world]. At this time there was no celestial realm given to mankind. At this time all spirits of the dead souls were contained in Sheol which is the terrestrial earth. There is a kingdom of God and a kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven [New Jerusalem] is within the kingdom of God, the difference being that the kingdom of God is spiritual and the kingdom of heaven is a celestial piece of real estate [so to speak.]

His kingdom of heaven, of which He preached, was not established till the very day He died. That kingdom is clearly described as the celestial New Jerusalem and was not given to us till He gave His new covenant after His death. So while He was alive, and preaching, His kingdom had not been established as all spirits did not have a kingdom of heaven. As was said before, the day He died and released the justified from Sheol was the day the kingdom of heaven was given to mankind.

That is the doctrine of James [the brother of Jesus.]

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
even more so...religion is dead...as it should be

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Gnostic Jesus essentially said that this reality is a false construct, a simulation, if you will, created by a great programmer by the name of Saklas, Nebro, or Yaldabaoth. Goes right along with what many scientists are saying these days about the possibility of us being a computer program, or even a simulation within a larger program. So naturally Jesus was pretty much always trying to downplay the importance of this world or anything that happens in it.

Including going to church and praying, which Jesus laughed at as being pointless.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I totally agree, but what I said confirms this. Also, the verse posted by Yuppa also cofirms:

YOU POSTED: John chapter 18: [36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”

The only thing I would leave you with on this thought is to remember that none of us go to this new Kingdom until the end, when the last resurrection happens. You can see from the last verses of John 2 that Jesus would not entrust himself to those who came to him for salvation. Why? John 3. They had to be born again. We are the ones released from the pit. When Christ returns, even those who pierced him will be present. Today, all 7+ billion of us are here to see this happen. Even old Job knew this way back in Job 19. With his own eyes and not another.

The Hindus were correct on rebirth.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Gnostic Jesus essentially said that this reality is a false construct, a simulation, if you will, created by a great programmer by the name of Saklas, Nebro, or Yaldabaoth. Goes right along with what many scientists are saying these days about the possibility of us being a computer program, or even a simulation within a larger program. So naturally Jesus was pretty much always trying to downplay the importance of this world or anything that happens in it.

Including going to church and praying, which Jesus laughed at as being pointless.

There are shadows of this idea in the Bible, from the Hindus (the great cosmic play) and in Gnosticism. I have outlined the mechanism for this in all of my threads, never leaving out any tradition by its parallel position. The only way to realize this is to abandon judgment and bias against any one of the relative parts. Once you see clearly, with eyes free from judgment and bias, the entire picture is presented. All relatives are necessity to the realization of absolute. I will keep saying it. Go see the movie "The Shack." The writer of this movie and book knew his mystery perfectly.

I would only add to your comments to say that the image of creation was the mechanism to allow room and learning for individuated souls. We are all children of God in school. Harry Potter is the perfect metaphor for this. The Shack, the Matrix and so many more. Literally, we are being awakened by what is written. In ancient times, it was drama, poetry and scriptures. When the Word was abused by Rome, it was the printing press that took the word with the masses to freedom in a new land. Today, the internet, music and media. The word continues to manifest in clearer formats, yet continues to say the same thing.

No darkness can overcome what is inside us all. Light will overcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join