It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Vote More Than Once If You're Wearing A Burka?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's funny how you all say that, when the real reason is its rare I post a piece that I cant win; isn't already won upon initial posting. But if it helps you sleep better, by all means tell yourself its because I'm just so wrong it sin't even worth clicking on it. Feed your addiction to self-deception.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks, it is truly sickening how media outlets like this try to manipulate their followers.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
there are many women living in america that you will never see wearing anything but dresses, they don't believe it's right to wear men's clothing...
so, should we ban dresses and free them from this oppression?

we all should be allowed to wear what we desire, within sensible limits, if some wish to put restrictions on their choices because of religious beliefs, they are free to do so... we should all be happy that we live in a country where it is us who are free to choose, and it's not dictated to us one way or another.. to freely choose to accept the restrictions your religious belief places on you is far different than having that decision forced on you and the freedom to choose to do this shouldn't be removed by our gov't. I can respect a muslim western women who choose to accept hajib while totally rejecting those countries that have chosen to force it onto their women and by doing so removing the choice involved. I believe it is the choosing that is of primarily importance spiritually..
all that being said, there are instances where being able to identify people is necessary, in which case, burkas shouldn't be allowed in those instances.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche
well, I don't think it would be considered racist if they were to make the ids free of charge and easily obtainable in the poor neighborhoods...
heck make the social service office on of the providers of these free ids..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Anti-woman religious hokey is all it is. It's all it ever was.

And you guys wonder why people say "liberal pretzel logic". That's one of the most accurate terms I can think of. You guys weren't so out there before, but with this dogmatic PC garbage you guys make less and less sense the more it all adds up, and especially with PC there's sooooo much more to add up than any other philosophy whatever than I can even think of, well outside of the entire contents of a religious text se the quran.

Here's reality: Islam ala Sharia Law is so totally from a time capsule from so far back it might as well be called stone age for all intensive purposes. Loving Allah, and specifics like their praying rituals, fine whatever why should anyone care about that stuff?

But when it comes to cultural/political restrictions/etc from such a thing, when it's completely backwards and outright OPPRESSIVE, people of the modern world SHOULD shame stuff such as:
-Forcing women to cover their faces (be robbed of their Freedom of Facial Expression).
-Honor killings / beatings / etc.
-Killing / etc people for being gay / feeble minded / secular / etc.
-All that sick shia'ite about marrying / consummating mutilating women / children / etc.
-Etc (the full list of Sharia barbarism is way beyond the scope here).

And yet post a dicey article on any little micro-subject subject and liberals will come running in mosh pit style to defend the oppressive rape/whatever culture.

And in doing so you're protecting them yes... but not their 'religious rights', you're protecting them from having to grow up, to reform like Christianity had to, you're protecting those who wholesale brutally oppress their own. The scale of it is so beyond an individual humans comprehension that your head would literally explode right now if you could possibly see all at once all of the oppression happening right this very moment. And you want to protect it.

If society didn't tolerate it sure they'll kick and scream bt eventually the 20th Century will catch up to them. Since they're kicking and screaming and blowing shia'ite up anyways, might at least keep constant pressure on them to quit abusing half a billion women around the world.

In practice, PC is the most backwards doctrine since Sharia Law. You all should be completely ashamed of yourselves. Go put a lampshade on your own heads and wear that around for a week and come back and tell everyone how girls raised from infancy to be 2nd rate burka wearers are just expressing their religious "freedom" by doing the walk of shame every single time they leave the house every single eff'ing place they go.

edit on 21-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

just can't figure out where you get from what I posted I am for forcing anyone to do much of anything outside of respecting each other.

-Forcing women to cover their faces (be robbed of their Freedom of Facial Expression).

didn't say anything in the post your responded to about women covering their faces... I did mention hajib... maybe you should make sure what that is?? I likened hajib to christian women who have chosen to believe that it's a sin for women to wear pants, of which, I know there are some... it's their choice.. it's not hurting you or anyone else, it's not infringing on anyone's abilility to identify them if it's needed. and to be honest, it seems to be that the though shalt not wear pants is far more oppressive than hajib since there are many things you really can't do in a dress!

burkas are even more oppressive but to be honest, one of the reasons I really don't worry about them too much is that I believe that the immigrants once they've been in the US long enough to feel secure, will throw them out on their own.
that is how reformation occurs, individuals deciding for themselves... not forced to conform to someone else's ideas. we're giving them the freedom to decide for themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I think the hijab is the same ilk, but I havent even been on that trip herein.

These devices where they're mandated to cover their faces is the very definition of dystopia for every single individual indoctrinated into such. And the hijab logic is where it flows from, of course. I've seen in my little big city on numerous occasions the full black body and face coverings. Scorching hot here in central Florida, peak summer, everyone else wearing light thin cool shaded clothes, and there's these poor souls walking around in full sun just frying under there. They have to be, even though they don't need to be. I could take you up to that general area right now and we'd probably spot some within half an hour. And this is FLorida, not Dearborn Michigan.

Oh, but PC says that's their religious "freedom" to be indoctrinated into that, and anyone who criticizes it is an intolerant racist sexist homophobe whatever. The reality is the "freedom" is the real life bonafide patriarchy that Sharia whatever is, the freedom of that scheme to indoctrinate all of their women into that kind of oppression. And if you ask me, now we're getting to the real underlying scheme at play with the fountainheads of PC, as their scheme is to social engineer (systematically indoctrinate) our society into their dystopian vision, while to criticize the dark side of Islam is to criticize the fundamentals of dystopian social engineering itself. There's more to it, such as crafting the society into accepting and then identifying with authoritarianism (maybe if we're really lucky accepting pedophilia isn't part of their agenda too, but its looking less and less favorable in that regard).

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

only two of the examples pictured hide a person's face...

do you consider dresses as being of the same ilk, since like I said, there are many christian sects that will teach that a women should not be dressed in pants? when I was younger, my mom never left home without a scarf on her head, she wasn't religious and I assure you my father did not force her to wear one, and for awhile my older sister was often times wearing one, it was fashionable, and quite frankly I took a liking to them also... all were of different forms and styles, but hey, they were all head coverings. they might not be as common now in the US, but I kind of think that there are some parts of europe where they still are worn by older more traditional women, as well as some religious sects here in the states.

so so should all the women who are choosing to wear headscarves of the various types for whatever reason accept a restriction against them because you don't like the fact that Islamic women in some countries are forced to wear a version of them...
were we could probably ban them all without running into freedom of religion problems, I don't believe we could ban just one version of them because we don't like the religion that they originated from.

all that being said though, I do believe that there are circumstances where burkas should be restricted since you can't confirm a person's identity if they are wearing one.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Ahhhh...I can see this becoming the new voter fraud!

It should be mandatory to have your burka removed for identity verification for manual voting....that is the American way...and if people of the ME have a problem with it....

Agreed.

We need strict voter ID laws in place.

What is so hard to implement a system that catalogs your SS# as ONE vote? How hard is this?

ONE SSN# Per VOTE. This way, PC people hurt about their "feelings" can still vote with that burka on, but if they try again, busted.

Lol juan pablo who stole you id to work is going to use it to vote for some dem who wants no walls

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead

Cutting in here... Excuse me but, Women wearing a burka is the Product of an Abusive Culture. Go back to the 70's when forced blanket wearing simply didn't happen.

Most women who wear veils or hijabs are proud to do so in public for their religion. It seems you haven't spoken to many women who wear these.

I am guessing that if I asked my therapist why he was wearing that funny round hat on his head and if he felt forced to do so, the conversation wouldn't go very well.
edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Odd, what she is wearing looks a lot like what nuns wear.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's not a Burka or a Niqab.

It's a Hijab which does not cover the face.

Secondly, the Burka is not mandatory in Islam, nor is it in any way Islamic.
It's cultural not religious.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That was an image I just now made to illustrate my point.

To insist that societal functions that require showing your photo ID as null void via the burka is the same as saying they should get to wear a burka when they get their ID.

No ID, no drive. No ID, no open a bank account. No ID, no vote!

I'll bet 3rd graders in just about any random grade school classroom right now could grasp this.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nope! Not a mask. That's just some "religious headwear".

Voting begins at 10AM today across the street.

The bank is next door if you need to open an account while you wait.

Have a great day!

Btw, it is illegal in Indiana to make Fake IDs.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I am guessing that if I asked my therapist why he was wearing that funny round hat on his head and if he felt forced to do so, the conversation wouldn't go very well.

Jews in the medical profession is a dangerous stereotype.

Shame on you!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

how so? you have to register to vote. if i showed up in stormtrooper armor and tried to vote they would tell me to please remove helmet. a burka is not required by religion it is required by custom. its not our custom to run around in masks
we you move somewhere else you should try to a climate to there customs not try to force them to follow you.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to ask him.. with a straight face.. and recorded on your phone. You cant get out of a double dog dare. Ill be waiting.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Why would I trust a non-muslim telling me that the burka isn't part of their religion?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I don't have to ask a stupid question like that because hat's aren't face masks are they.?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead

I don't have to ask a stupid question like that because hat's aren't face masks are they.?

Who cares... do you have NO sense of humor or ever have ANY fun?? You ever just screw with your Dr just to see the look on his face? I do. Too bad you dont.. but him being your therapist, he MIGHT be able to dislodge that pole from your arse. Youll feel much better when you arent so uptight.
Dont take the dare you damned chicken.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I ran across this video and found it rather interesting really.
I really am not that knowledgeable about Islam, or it's history, but I take it that this lady might be an Islamic feminist??

edit on 22-3-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

lmfao.....

Oh my gawd girl!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join