It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Vote More Than Once If You're Wearing A Burka?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You don't care about much do ya?

I care DEEPLY about the 1st Amendment.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Really? I can't tell.

link   

So then you weren't all in pushing the "FAKE NEWS" pro-censorship (what the whole fake news obsessionism agenda was truly about) ratta tat tat post-election?

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Uh huh.

Not bad spin.

Cant wait to see you defending the religious right for Muslim men to marry, mutilate and consumate 9 year olds.

Is the whole rationale of the burka NOT from / part of some twisted form of Sharia Law?

Burka not mandated in the Quran
This one you might prefer:
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Even if not, it's still anti-women's rights and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for being so pro-misogynistic.

Yes because hurting and injuring children is TOTALLY comparable to women wearing a headdress. In other words, this is a slippery slope fallacy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So then you weren't all in pushing the "FAKE NEWS" pro-censorship (what the whole fake news obsessionism agenda was truly about) ratta tat tat post-election?

I have never condoned media censorship, even of the fake news variety. How about you stop strawmanning me for a change?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

Memes, like genes, are meant to evolve. That's how I read it back before every image file on the web started being called "memes" (especially by forums people trying to criticize)[memes aren't inherently images].

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I was asking you a question, in relation to your supposed pragmatic approach to the 1st.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Wait, I thought you just said you're an 1st Amendment absolutist?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Really? I can't tell.

Of course not, you don't even know what it says if you think that forcing Muslims women to decloth their burkas to vote isn't an infringement of the 1st. So I wouldn't expect you to know what caring about that amendment looks like.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Wait, I thought you just said you're an 1st Amendment absolutist?

You know DAMN well that the 1st Amendment doesn't allow human rights violations. Don't be coy. This is why I can't stand talking to you. You have your own conversations with yourself and care little about what the other person ever says.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The burka itself is an infringement of the 1st!

What's this, No Freedom of FACIAL Expression?

And therefore is a human rights violation!

Or you dont like talking to me because you dont like being back into a corner like this?
edit on 21-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Cutting in here... Excuse me but, Women wearing a burka is the Product of an Abusive Culture. Go back to the 70's when forced blanket wearing simply didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No. It isn't. There are plenty of other religious sects within this country that have required clothing to wear. Quoting your own ATS thread doesn't prove your point.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
there's probably less than ten states that actually require a photo id to vote, so for most of america, just what difference is it really what the person voting is wearing.... seriously???
I managed to get through the first 30+ years of my life with no photo id, and I actually voted a few times during that time.

seems to me that before you have any reason to gripe about what women are choosing to wear to the polls you should be griping about those 15 or so states that don't require any id whatsoever to vote!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Cutting in here... Excuse me but, Women wearing a burka is the Product of an Abusive Culture. Go back to the 70's when forced blanket wearing simply didn't happen.

No #. Almost all times a religion forces someone to wear specific clothing, especially women, it is indicative of an abusive culture. It isn't a human rights violation though and a religion has every right to require its adherents wear certain clothing. If you don't like it, you are MORE than welcome to not worship the religion. As I don't.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: LoneWrecche

Memes, like genes, are meant to evolve. That's how I read it back before every image file on the web started being called "memes" (especially by forums people trying to criticize)[memes aren't inherently images].

I know the evolution of that word also.

it's gone from what it meant to just be images, but it's easier to say it that way sometimes. especially at 5am in the morning after a little too much happy juice

the intent was the same for the image though, if bob can't wear his balaclava, why should she. Full agreement. just wanted to show others the hypocrisy in saying "Nuh burqas are ok, I agree with them" for things.

I live in a country where a woman wearing a buraq accused a police officer of racist harassment for an RBT, and in court she claimed he tried to rip it off her head. Sadly for her, the dash cam footage showed her as the instigator, but you know what? She still got off, because they couldn't identify if she was the actual driver from the footage...

It's a joke.. and used on purpose in so many ways, as to be something people need to be concerned about. Not ridiculed, and argued against, just because "I'm a feminist" or "I'm a hippy"...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

How isn't facial expression covered by the 1st Amendment?
Sure was crickets in that thread.

And spare us the 'religious right' for women to have to wear a specific type of clothes because thee patriarchal society they're subject mandates it.

We express ourselves with body language, facial expressions, verbal language, art etc. Islam is against them all in particular regards to women, and you have the cahones to claim you care about women and the 1st? BS!
edit on 21-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I purposely ignore your threads because they are usually derivative, hateful, and extremely biased.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
People can be anything they want these days, it's too bad the majority of the right choose to be Idiots.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
there's probably less than ten states that actually require a photo id to vote, so for most of america, just what difference is it really what the person voting is wearing.... seriously???
I managed to get through the first 30+ years of my life with no photo id, and I actually voted a few times during that time.

seems to me that before you have any reason to gripe about what women are choosing to wear to the polls you should be griping about those 15 or so states that don't require any id whatsoever to vote!

They tried that.

It was deemed racist, so I recall.

Go figure.... those who wanted voter fraud, rallied against voter ID. And now?

Well, the democrats are in dismantlement via their own insidious agenda... scrambling to eradicate any outlet that opposed and opposes them. Ahhh but mud sticks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join