It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Vote More Than Once If You're Wearing A Burka?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's messed up lol

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Scientology had to literally carry out a conspiracy against the government to attain religion status.

You did not just defend that for profit pseudo-occult, pseudo-religion in my thread...

It's funny though, what do Scientology & Islam have in common?

They're both guilty of a multitude of humanitarian violations, and they're both tax exempt religions in the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Some interpretations of this item claim that Muslims are now allowed to pose for driver’s license photographs in Illinois with everything but their eyes obscured. However, the Illinois Religious Accommodation Guide covering driver’s licenses and other forms of state-issued ID specify that Muslims (and Sikhs) may wear head coverings (such as hijabs) in photographs, not face-covering garb (such as burqas):

www.snopes.com...

fake news....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Rasta's don't cover their Women with Sheets in Public because they're afraid of them being seen.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Because SNOPES is God right? lol

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
You did not just defend that for profit pseudo-occult, pseudo-religion in my thread...

Writing a statement of fact is not a defense of Scientology. Do NOT put words in my mouth in that regard!

It's funny though, what do Scientology & Islam have in common?

They're both guilty of a multitude of humanitarian violations, and they're both tax exempt religions in the US.

Yeah. So is Christianity and every other organized religion. Scientology is just the new kid on the block, and none of this trumps the fact that the 1st Amendment exists and cannot be disregarded because you are scared of Muslims.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That was an image I just now made to illustrate my point.

To insist that societal functions that require showing your photo ID as null void via the burka is the same as saying they should get to wear a burka when they get their ID.

No ID, no drive. No ID, no open a bank account. No ID, no vote!

I'll bet 3rd graders in just about any random grade school classroom right now could grasp this.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nope! Not a mask. That's just some "religious headwear".

Voting begins at 10AM today across the street.

The bank is next door if you need to open an account while you wait.

Have a great day!

edit on 21-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead

Rasta's don't cover their Women with Sheets in Public because they're afraid of them being seen.

Irrelevant. Beliefs are beliefs and the 1st Amendment says they cannot be infringed. You don't have to agree with them. I certainly don't, but you CANNOT tell them they aren't allowed to practice them or prevent them from practicing them.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Then you cant tell me that I cant start wearing a mask everywhere I go because that's my Freedom of SPEECH (wearing a mask so that you cant see my facial expressions / features / identify me / etc)!!!

Or spin it as Freedom of Religion? WHO are YOU to say this isn't my religious custom?

Maybe I'll just declare myself a Muslim, and transgendered and then I can go open a bank account wearing a burka? How convenient you wouldn't be able to see me in order to confirm my claims!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yeah... No... Religious expression has nothing to do with you deciding to wear a mask just because. Your argument there is flimsy and weak.

Or spin it as freedom of religion? WHO are YOU to say this isn't my religious custom?

It isn't and there is no official religion like that, so who cares?
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JugHead

they aren't afraid of them being seen, they are afraid of the sight of their alluring bodies tempting them beyond their means to resist...
or heck, maybe it's just a way to keep them in their place...

but, you're nuts if you think they are alone in this...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I go walk into a polling station, DMV, whatever, declare myself a transgendered muslim and now I can wear a mask when everybody else has to show their face because thats the LAW (and for good, important reasons), in your little world. Try to twist it up all you want, your SJW is showing.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yeah. So is Christianity and every other organized religion. Scientology is just the new kid on the block, and none of this trumps the fact that the 1st Amendment exists and cannot be disregarded because you are scared of Muslims.

The 1st amendment doesn't say anything about voter ID, or photo ID, or any ID for that matter.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You can declare yourself to be anything you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you wouldn't fool anyone with that trick. Not to mention, what would be the point? Just so you can vote without showing your face? Whoopty do!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The 1st amendment doesn't say anything about voter ID, or photo ID, or any ID for that matter.

Correct. So why are you saying one should be demanded to vote?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You can declare yourself to be anything you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you wouldn't fool anyone with that trick.

But she fooled the woman in the video.

B*tch didn't even know who Huma Abedine was, the irony his preposterous.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You can declare yourself to be anything you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you wouldn't fool anyone with that trick.

But she fooled the woman in the video.

B*tch didn't even know who Huma Abedine was, the irony his preposterous.

More like she didn't care. Since this isn't really a problem and your source is really trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill its no surprise she didn't care either. Why worry about a non-issue?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The way you would have it, people just walk in like that and wouldn't even get questioned about it because that itself would be discrimination.

So if I happen to be a ninja, and cant stomach taking my mask off in public, I just need to go and get in line right behind the burka squad, and I'm home free. On the way home maybe pull and armed robbery!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The way you would have it, people just walk in like that and wouldn't even get questioned about it because that itself would be discrimination.

Strawman. I never said that. It is perfectly acceptable to ask identifying questions to someone. It isn't against someone's religion to be polite with their personal information.

So if I happen to be a ninja, and cant stomach taking my mask off in public, I just need to go and get in line right behind the burka squad, and I'm home free. On the way home maybe pull and armed robbery!

*eyeroll* What a dumb anecdote... Not even worth a response.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Okay, it all makes sense now.

Ninja walks into polling station.

Are you a Muslim?

YES!

Are you Huma Abedin?

YES!

Okay here's your voter machine card. Dont forget your sticker on the way out Allah bless Amereeka!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join