It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Vote More Than Once If You're Wearing A Burka?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

That's illegal to illegals who are bussed around to vote 10 times, and to dead people.

Y U SO RAYSIS...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It probably depends on which state/municipality.

Not sure if "affidavit ballots" are policy in every state.

Where I live, you have to go to a specific voting site based on your last name.

From there, they ask for your name and DOB.

Once they record that youve voted, no one else can come in afterwards and vote under the same name.

I suppose the same person wearing a burka could vote repeatedly but they would have to know people's names, DOBs and the corresponding location.

But if the actual individual has already voted, burka boy would be out of luck.

Not to mention that the actual voter would probably raise hell, exposing the scheme.

edit on 21-3-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well said.

It surprises me there is so much opposition to this. If the vote counts, it has to be on the basis that the voter is legitimate.

To claim other wise, is to accept any and all forms of voter fraud.

Hell we in Australia can be arrested for advising voters how to vote so that a certain party does not get the preferential vote... how absurd is that, but at least we have to be checked as to who we are, before we vote.

ETA - and we have no choice in voting, or copping a fine for not.
edit on 21-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneWrecche

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So what do you do when you have a foreign ideology either cultural or religious that contradicts and undermines the protections put in place for American citizens in the constitution?

I don't believe in bigotry like this. For one, just because some reporter can get away with doing this doesn't mean it is a widespread problem. Also, why isn't this reporter being arrested for voting twice, if she really did?

It's been proven to be a wide spread problem, the dems even were caught red handed.

Are you for real?

No. The situation in the OP has not been proven to be a wide spread problem, and even voting fraud in general hasn't been proven to be a widespread problem. The Dems weren't guilty of voter fraud either. They were guilty of marginalizing Bernie Sanders in a hope that he'd go away. Still deceptive, but it isn't as extreme as you are making it out to be. Plus the DNC is a private organization not beholden to national voting regulations.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
As proven, it appears that yes, someone can vote more than once by wearing a burka. All the more reason to enact voter ID laws like most other civilized countries.

Well then we need to implement mandatory ID issuance laws (for free) like those other countries too, right?
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess this is all "fake" news then..

*ps sorry top Reldra, it's Project Veritas.. but you cannot open deaf ears to those who will refuse to hear*

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

Yep. That is certainly fake news.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Another chopped wtf knows what we're looking at video from the often deceptive James O'Keefe. James O'Keefe isn't "often demonized." That's like saying a person is demonizing a convicted car thief by saying that he has stolen cars in the past.

That "ACORN Infiltration?" Deceptively edited video (cherry picked, out of sequence, truncated, etc), falsely gave the impression that he was dressed as a pimp and his cohort, a prostitute. Ignored the fact that immediately after he left the ACORN offices, his would be "exposed" victims actually phoned the police.

How proud are you of that? Seriously? Because of James O'Keefe's fabrications, complicit right-wing media promoting his lies, GOP politicians more than willing to go along with this bulls# to tank ACORN because of its function in voter registration of low income voters and people like you who not only forgive and forget all of his deceit willfully but actually fawn over this jackass — lots of people lost their jobs and many more citizens lost access when ACORN lost its funding and folded.

Never mind that the independent investigations cleared them of any wrongdoing, the damage is/was done. He got off with an apology and a settlement of $100k, small compensation to just one of the people who lost a job.

How about the deceptively edited video of Shirley Sherrod that was used to paint her as a racist? Once again, with the raw video investigated, it was sleazebag fraud O'Keefe who was exposed but not before Shirley Sherrod was smeared as a racist and fired. That one resulted in a settlement in 2015 against I believe, the estate of the late Andrew Breitbart.

Doesn't that bother you?
edit on 2017-3-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Real quick, if O'Keefe is a liar and his videos are deceptively edited, why were Scott Foval and Bob Creamer fired from the DNC?

I eagerly anticipate your response.

edit on 3/21/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

When her information doesn't come up in the computer, the volunteer working the voting center tells her that instead of voting on the machine she will have to submit her ballot by paper.

The presumption is, of course, that it is possible for this woman to vote once under her true identity and at least once in one location while wearing a burka, although it becomes obvious that voting a multiple locations is plausible.

Casting a provisional ballot is clearly not a guarantee that the vote will be counted, is it? They're literally there when there for questions about the eligibility of a voter. Had she voted once under her own name and then attempted to vote again as Huma Abedin with the address she had given, what do you think the actual chances of her vote being counted would be?

More importantly, what does it have to do with whether or not she wore a burka into the polling station? She could have walked in without, done everything exactly the same, said exactly the same words and the result would have been — exactly the same.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

More importantly, what does it have to do with whether or not she wore a burka into the polling station?

If a CCTV camera is recording who enters and exits a voting center, wearing a burka would make it much more difficult to cross-reference a case of voting fraud with video footage of the suspect's face.

She could have walked in without, done everything exactly the same, said exactly the same words and the result would have been — exactly the same.

But I'm really glad you brought that up, because it saves me the trouble of having to bring it up myself.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Lol Ok then... no bussing people around.

Maddow would be so pleased with you.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

took you 2 minutes to review a 16 minute video too, btw.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Like I said there is no proof of wide spread voter fraud and there is DEFINITELY no proof of the situation the OP is trying to highlight even OCCURRING let alone being a widespread problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't have to watch a video that I already knows contents. It isn't proof of what I'm asking for. Anecdotes on Youtube could never be what I'm asking for. You proving the existence of voter fraud doesn't prove that it is a widespread problem. Maybe someday you'll realize that and we'll finally be on the same wavelength, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I don't have to watch a video that I already knows contents. It isn't proof of what I'm asking for. Anecdotes on Youtube could never be what I'm asking for. You proving the existence of voter fraud doesn't prove that it is a widespread problem. Maybe someday you'll realize that and we'll finally be on the same wavelength, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anecdotes....

allllrighty then. actual video evidence of people involved, but because youtube, naww..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If I were part of a religion cult, and our little custom was wearing masks in public, should I be able to go in and get a drivers license photo and all while wearing the mask?

Etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Anecdotes don't prove trends.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If I were part of a religion cult, and our little custom was wearing masks in public, should I be able to go in and get a drivers license photo and all while wearing the mask?

Etc.

What you're calling "religious headwear", its a MASK!
edit on 21-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Real quick, if O'Keefe is liar and his videos are deceptively edited, why were Scott Foval and Bob Creamer fired from the DNC?

I eagerly anticipate your response.

Are you refuting anything that I said regarding ACORN or Shirley Sherrod? No? Does getting Scott Foval and Bob Creamer on camera negate all of his own past malfeasance? If somebody lies 100 times and tells the truth once, does that person have his credibility restored?

While we're on the topic of the Foval/Creamer video, have you read the complaint that was filed on behalf of PV? Why do you think that it doesn't name Aaron Minter (aka Aaron Black?) who as you should remember, was the source of the most damning statements?

Because while O'Keefe and pals were pretending to be on the side of those who are against those who would send agitators to political rallies, they were in league with Minter who was acting as an agitator, sent to harass Marco Rubio.

Breitbart coordinated with liberal activist and organizer who disrupted GOP primary campaign events

A liberal activist and organizer coordinated with reporters from the conservative news site Breitbart during the primaries to cover his disruptions of events for candidates such as Sen. Marco Rubio.

Aaron Black, an associate with Democracy Partners and a former Occupy Wall Street organizer, worked with the pro-Trump site Breitbart, tipping it off about his stunts, exchanging raw video and coordinating coverage, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

According to the source, Black coordinated with Breitbart via email, phone and in person, including when he dressed up as a robot and trolled Marco Rubio’s events. The relationship was described as very friendly. An article subsequently published on Breitbart featured video footage of a physical confrontation between Black and Rubio's New Hampshire campaign chairman.

"He worked directly with Breitbart’s political team on the ground in the primary states to sabotage Marco Rubio & Ted Cruz, and elect Trump as nominee of [the Republican] party,” the source told POLITICO. “[Black] was coordinating with [Breitbart’s] top staff to rabble rouse against Rubio at rallies." (It's not clear what was done regarding Cruz and Breitbart says they never did cover Black's activities against Cruz).

Black has been interviewed by the site and has also been a guest on Breitbart’s radio programs.

In August, Yahoo News reported that Breitbart Washington editor Matthew Boyle had tried to get a progressive activist to send around a letter attacking a former Breitbart reporter — Michelle Fields — who quit the site after a confrontation with former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. Boyle was trying to rally progressives to protest her hiring by The Huffington Post. (The letter was never sent.)

"Aaron Black reached out to Breitbart and then we covered this and multiple other stories on our website and on our radio show on Sirius XM Patriot Channel 125," Breitbart editor-in-chief Alex Marlow told POLITICO in a statement.

So yeah, even there, sleaze and deception. He once more refused to release raw footage. We'll see if this ends up in court and he's compelled to do so.

It won't matter though, some folks who want to believe will only remember the couple minutes of video of Creamer and particularly Foval and that will be enough for them to forget about everything else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join