It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Vote More Than Once If You're Wearing A Burka?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

For affidavit ballots, again, have you explain why you aren't 'in the book' at that precinct, have you sign under penalty of perjury, then the affidavit ballot gets examined by the BOE in that precinct. If that person already voted at that address or at another of if that person isn't registered to vote, the affidavit ballot gets tossed.

Great.

None of that means that it doesn't still take place. Heroin is illegal, too, but that isn't stopping it from crippling our rural and suburban populations all throughout the country today, now is it?

Do you think what was witnessed in this video is cause for a legitimate investigation, yes or no?

edit on 3/21/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

For affidavit ballots, again, have you explain why you aren't 'in the book' at that precinct, have you sign under penalty of perjury, then the affidavit ballot gets examined by the BOE in that precinct. If that person already voted at that address or at another of if that person isn't registered to vote, the affidavit ballot gets tossed.

Great.

None of that means that it doesn't still take place. Heroin is illegal, too, but that isn't stopping it from crippling our rural and suburban populations all throughout the country today, now is it?

Do you think what was witnessed in this video is cause for a legitimate investigation, yes or no?

Is there some Board of Heroin people that check rolls to make sure you aren't using more than once? No, so that is a silly argument.

No, what happened in the video followed the law. You aren't in the book, where YOUR NAME can only vote once, you have to fill out a provisional ballot that gets scrutinized by someone higher up to determine that 1) you moved and no one else has voted as you from the prior address 2) No one has voted as you from the new address 3) Your name should have been in the book but it was not.

If they cannot verify the affidavit ballot, it isn't used.
edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Your reasoning for why this could never happen in the real world is because there is paperwork and steps taken for accountability and possible criminal charges.

One more question, if you never give your real name and address to the voting center, how are they going to come back and file criminal charges on you when they realized that you've committed fraud by giving false information?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Forget voting. The burka is the new disguise of choice for all sorts of shennannigans. From entering somewhere illegally, to males using it to dress up as women, sitting exams for friends, it has all happened. Robbery etc, there are stories out there.
I mean how can they not use it for ill means?
Why is it unbelievable that it can/will be used for vote fraud as well?
It's a total body disguise that nobody dares challenge.

Everyone would feel fine to tell a biker with a helmet to take it off when in a bank or voting etc but a burka...no way Pedro. You'd open a can of massive worms there and be called nasty names.

I hate that garment with a vengeance, for a wide variety of reasons. Mostly though it doesn't belong into our society which is based on reading other's faces. By deliberately ignoring our culture, I can only come to one conclusion and that is that our culture just isn't liked by them. Yet they live here?

I feel uncomfortable with deliberate insults like that. And these people can VOTE??? What can possibly go wrong?
The western world is fckd.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Affidavit Voting

First-time voters may need to show some form of ID if they didn't provide it at the time they registered. They could be expected to show one of the following when voting in person: a New York driver's license or state ID card OR a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name, address and when they registered.

If it is found that you were not registered at the time, the affidavit ballot will serve as registration for next time, but will not count as a vote this time. It contains all of the required information that is on a voter registration form.

90,000 Affidavit ballots Tossed in May 2016 NY primary

Most of those had to do with people not being registered with a party in time. The remainder did not pass the examination process.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

In most parts of the Middle East the Niqab / Burka is seen as normal Islamic female attire, in the west it's seen as a possible means of camouflage for terrorists or, in the case of your OP, used for hiding your identity for nefarious purposes.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this little conundrum because I'd be very weary of any politician or public servant who fought against the necessity for US citizens to identify themselves before voting in US elections?

Voter ID should be mandatory, all states, all elections.

If not then 2020 should be a global vote for POTUS, because it's either US citizens only or it's everyone on the planet - there ain't no shades of grey on this one and any idiot that thinks certain non-US citizens, residing in the US illegally (as per the US immigration code) should be given special treatment and allowed to vote and/or gain automatic citizenship simply because they happen to be in the US is pathetic - that is totally unfair on the remaining non-US citizens of the planet that want the same thing but happen to be geographically disadvantaged such that they are not afforded this special treatment given to certain non-citizens to become citizens.

You see where I'm going with this........either implement mandatory voter ID or declare the remainder of the planet one big fat US sanctuary city.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

From your own source:

The city Board of Elections has discounted about 90,000 of 121,000 affidavit ballots cast by voters who workers couldn't find on voter lists during the presidential primary last month, according to results certified by BOE commissioners on Friday.

What happened to the other 31,000 ballots?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Your reasoning for why this could never happen in the real world is because there is paperwork and steps taken for accountability and possible criminal charges.

One more question, if you never give your real name and address to the voting center, how are they going to come back and file criminal charges on you when they realized that you've committed fraud by giving false information?

The probability of it happening is incredibly small due to the checks and balances in place.

As for never giving the right name and address, if they feel it is worth the state's time to prosecute, they may attempt to find this person.

Your fear, though, is that they will keep voting multiple times. It won't happen because the affidavit ballot gets tossed- so they haven't voted in that election. At the next election, they will show as registered, but marked as needing to show ID with the matching address in the affidavit ballot.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I always find it rather amusing and refreshing to see an Aussie such as yourself display more American values in your posts than some other American users on ATS that I won't mention.

To answer your question about what is my solution, it's simple, Islam needs a reformation.

Christianity had it, Judaism had it, the highest bodies within the muslim world need to instigate this reformation within the islamic community in order to preserve its place in modern society.

Otherwise, it's just going to get wiped off the face of the Earth because the rest of the civilized world is tired of playing nice.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

From your own source:

The city Board of Elections has discounted about 90,000 of 121,000 affidavit ballots cast by voters who workers couldn't find on voter lists during the presidential primary last month, according to results certified by BOE commissioners on Friday.

What happened to the other 31,000 ballots?

They were accepted.

Some were found to have registered with a party in time, but the name didn't make it to the paper roll in time. A few people took the time to go before a judge. Others were able to prove they registered at a new address in time but didn't make it to the paper roll. Others hadn't voted in more than 8 years (causing an inactive status), but were able to prove they still existed and proof of address.

So, out of 121k provisional and affidavit ballots, 31k were found to conform to the rules. Most of the ones that did not had to do with not being registered with a party in time.

So, as you see, the majority of these ballots you seem to fear, were not accepted, for various reasons.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well I'm sure we'll see soon enough if anybody gets charged.

My guess is the current administration will be running a very discreet investigation into voter fraud based on this and other evidence that has surfaced since the election.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well I'm sure we'll see soon enough if anybody gets charged.

My guess is the current administration will be running a very discreet investigation into voter fraud based on this and other evidence that has surfaced since the election.

Based on this ridiculous video? I doubt it.
Based on the fact that the majority of affidavit ballots weren't accepted? That would only prove the system is working.

So, again, based on what?

My affidavit ballot in the primary was tossed. I had been registered with a party for many years. Somehow, many Democrats in NY showed in the computer as 'Unaffiliated' with a party. Therefore, we could not vote in the primary. Glitch? a massive one. But the system seems to be geared toward NOT accepting affidavit/provisional ballots rather than accepting them.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

separation of genders at polling places??
not saying that it's a great solution, but I think it would work since I don't believe they are required to wear burkas if there are no males around?
personally, I hate burkas, and the the video did not show a women in a burka! her face was showing for identity purposes. maybe I don't live in a large enough city, or maybe I just don't get out that often but I have never seen a women in a burka outside of in pictures from predominately islamic nations. so, I find it hard to believe that women dressed in burkas showing up at the polls is really a significant problem... but then, I might be wrong.

the whole thing seems to be about as made up as the idea that my husband raised from the dead just to vote...
and if he did, I assure you, he voted for trump!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Not only is the woman NOT wearing a Burka, she was given the affidavit ballot everyone else is given if they aren't on the voter roll, which is examined later. Most of which aren't accepted due to more stringent rules.

So this entire thread....no point.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I always find it rather amusing and refreshing to see an Aussie such as yourself display more American values in your posts than some other American users on ATS that I won't mention.

To answer your question about what is my solution, it's simple, Islam needs a reformation.

Christianity had it, Judaism had it, the highest bodies within the muslim world need to instigate this reformation within the islamic community in order to preserve its place in modern society.

Otherwise, it's just going to get wiped off the face of the Earth because the rest of the civilized world is tired of playing nice.

Wow, I have to agree. I'll advocate the complete destruction of Islam, because I can and will, however, due to my admitted bias, I never considered a "reformation". This is a tricky slope is it now? Can such a thing even exist?

In regards to the thread, Voter ID laws should be mandatory and anything that "conceals" you should be banned and avoided considering the climate.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well fortunately for this country, whether you 'believe in it' or not should not and will not affect how the constitution will be upheld.

If you want to wear a burka in the US, that is fine and you have the legal rights and protections in place by the constitution to do so.

There should, however, be some logical exceptions to this rule.

One should have to remove their burka in any photograph for any state or federal ID.

One should have to remove their burka and show proof of ID when voting in order to prevent voter fraud.

None of this is infringing on our constitution, actually.

Too bad the 1st Amendment disagrees with you. If Hobby Lobby can get away with saying their religious rights are being infringed for having to give health care to its employees, Muslims arguing their rights being infringed for being forced to remove their religious head wear due to unwarranted suspicions is a no contest. What you are suggesting is unAmerican.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

in the video, it shows a women in islamic dress...
please tell me, just how is she concealed, really?
so, my first question would be are we really talking about burkas, or hajib?
yes, burkas are concealing, but that is not what is shown in the video!
her face is shown quite clearly and hair can be dyed. faces can be changed through cosmetic surgery, and I speak from experience when I say that fingerprints can be altered! maybe we should just install retinal scans at all the polling places but it wouldn't surprise me to find that there are times when they are altered in some way. and since we have the same people griping about dead people voting.... I am tempted to say, there is nothing we could do to make them happy!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As proven, it appears that yes, someone can vote more than once by wearing a burka. All the more reason to enact voter ID laws like most other civilized countries.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

In Australia, we have our names checked off a list, our location has to be where we vote, and it'd a tedious process just to get someone who is the same as the other one in power.

I doubt it's easy to vote more than once, as our list is limited to the areas we live, and they have them on record. Our votes are still done anonymously and with pencil though, so I guess bob mcshady who does the counting can use his eraser to change any vote he/she wants.

and given our last state election, I'd not be surprised. we got the other lot back, as opposed to the same lot, which is still a lot of BS.

Yay independents.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So what do you do when you have a foreign ideology either cultural or religious that contradicts and undermines the protections put in place for American citizens in the constitution?

I don't believe in bigotry like this. For one, just because some reporter can get away with doing this doesn't mean it is a widespread problem. Also, why isn't this reporter being arrested for voting twice, if she really did?

It's been proven to be a wide spread problem, the dems even were caught red handed.

Are you for real?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join