It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Vote More Than Once If You're Wearing A Burka?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes.

At least that's the scenario Project Veritas is positing in their latest video:

We all know Project Veritas as the ACORN infiltrating, planned parenthood exposing, DNC shenanigans revealing domestic counter intelligence operation. They've got a reputation, they're often demonized in the media for being alternative media, and or they are just universally ignored all together on the left.

Here we have a clip of a PV journalist who wears a burka into a voting center to conceal her identity. Now, she isn't muslim (not that being a muslim would bar her from voting) but she demonstrates how the enforcement of voter ID laws has allowed this loophole to permeate through the system, where by claiming to be of the religion that requires women to cover their face they avoid being screened by the database.

When her information doesn't come up in the computer, the volunteer working the voting center tells her that instead of voting on the machine she will have to submit her ballot by paper.

The presumption is, of course, that it is possible for this woman to vote once under her true identity and at least once in one location while wearing a burka, although it becomes obvious that voting a multiple locations is plausible.

But I thought elections weren't rigged?

Voter ID laws are racist?

And non-citizens would never vote illegally?

edit on 3/21/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ahhhh...I can see this becoming the new voter fraud!

It should be mandatory to have your burka removed for identity verification for manual voting....that is the American way...and if people of the ME have a problem with it....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

The 1st Amendment makes everything you just said 100% unconstitutional.
"That's too damn bad" indeed.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So what do you do when you have a foreign ideology either cultural or religious that contradicts and undermines the protections put in place for American citizens in the constitution?

It's a real fine line, I know.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

So what do you do when you have a foreign ideology either cultural or religious that contradicts and undermines the protections put in place for American citizens in the constitution?

I don't believe in bigotry like this. For one, just because some reporter can get away with doing this doesn't mean it is a widespread problem. Also, why isn't this reporter being arrested for voting twice, if she really did?
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The IDs can be tainted too..

Guess Who

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Project Veritas is known to me as people who twist the truth to unrecognizable proportions.

In NY (where this shrill voiced reporter was), if your name is isn't in the book, or if you are attempting to vote in a primary and haven't joined a political party (or in the case of this past election where there were glitches causing people to not show as belonging to a party), you are given a provisional or 'affidavit ballot'. You have to fill out a long form, vote on that form, explain why you think you were not on the required list, and sign under penalty of perjury. Those are then scrutinized by the head of the Board of Elections in that precinct.

Whether you are wearing a veil or a bag on your head, each person can only vote once.

Example: I moved in the end of November. I think my voting place will be the same, as it is the same zip code. I plan to get a new card. However, if I forget and I am sent to a new polling place...this is what happens:

I go to the new polling place. They tell me I am not in the book for that location. I tell them my previous address. I fill out a provisional ballot that explains that I moved. Where I moved from and where I moved to. When the paper ballot is examined, if they find domeone signed my name in the book at the prior address, the provisional ballot gets tossed.

edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Ahhhh...I can see this becoming the new voter fraud!

It should be mandatory to have your burka removed for identity verification for manual voting....that is the American way...and if people of the ME have a problem with it....

Agreed.

We need strict voter ID laws in place.

What is so hard to implement a system that catalogs your SS# as ONE vote? How hard is this?

ONE SSN# Per VOTE. This way, PC people hurt about their "feelings" can still vote with that burka on, but if they try again, busted.

link   

Well fortunately for this country, whether you 'believe in it' or not should not and will not affect how the constitution will be upheld.

If you want to wear a burka in the US, that is fine and you have the legal rights and protections in place by the constitution to do so.

There should, however, be some logical exceptions to this rule.

One should have to remove their burka in any photograph for any state or federal ID.

One should have to remove their burka and show proof of ID when voting in order to prevent voter fraud.

None of this is infringing on our constitution, actually.

edit on 3/21/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I don't believe in bigotry like this. For one, just because some reporter can get away with doing this doesn't mean it is a widespread problem. Also, why isn't this reporter being arrested for voting twice, if she really did?

She actually didn't, if you watched the video.

She got all the way up to the point where the volunteer worker at the voting center tells her that she is allowed to vote by paper. But before she does, she says she has to go grab her husband to tell him he is able to vote by paper and that together her and her husband will return later to vote.

Then the volunteer worker tells her "Oh, we'll be open till 9PM!"

I'd say this is, at the very least, 'just cause' for an investigation, do you disagree?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I always star for participation in my threads.

That being said, you don't deserve a star because you didn't watch the video.

Watching the video plays a critical role in the 'ColdWisdom thread replying' process.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

She actually didn't, if you watched the video.

She got all the way up to the point where the volunteer worker at the voting center tells her that she is allowed to vote by paper. But before she does, she says she has to go grab her husband to tell him he is able to vote by paper and that together her and her husband will return later to vote.

Then the volunteer worker tells her "Oh, we'll be open till 9PM!"

I'd say this is, at the very least, 'just cause' for an investigation, do you disagree?

She means a provisional ballot. Not a simple paper ballot. Those are only used when machines malfunction.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

She means a provisional ballot. Not a simple paper ballot. Those are only used when machines malfunction.

But the machine didn't malfunction, she just didn't give a real ID.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am still trying to get over the fact the my dead husband supposedly voted but couldn't find the time do stop in and say hi! how rude of him was that?

seriously, still trying to prove that trump won the popular vote are we???

and, learn what a burka is, and isn't please???

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No wonder the DNC wants Muslim's so bad!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

But the machine didn't malfunction, she just didn't give a real ID.

The subtitle in the video states 'Since you aren't in the book, you can fill out an 'affidavit ballot'.

For affidavit ballots, again, have you explain why you aren't 'in the book' at that precinct, have you sign under penalty of perjury, then the affidavit ballot gets examined by the BOE in that precinct. If that person already voted at that address or at another of if that person isn't registered to vote, the affidavit ballot gets tossed.

It is not a simple paper ballot and that is not what she is offered.

edit on 21-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't believe I mentioned Trump or the popular vote anywhere in my OP or in any subsequent replies.

But your statement right above that made me laugh, so I'll just hold my mud in place for you.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What about passports and driving licence? you cannot wear a burqa for those so why is voting any different..
Get verified by unveiling yourself to a woman then you can cover up and vote.. no verification on who you are then no vote. Simple as that.
edit on 21/3/17 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The presumption is, of course, that it is possible for this woman to vote once under her true identity and at least once in one location while wearing a burka, although it becomes obvious that voting a multiple locations is plausible.

But I thought elections weren't rigged?

Voter ID laws are racist?

And non-citizens would never vote illegally?

The burka hit piece is despicable. Is PV's premise that appearance keeps a person from committing voter fraud? I could go into every precinct in the state and attempt to commit voter fraud and I wouldn't need a burka, bikini, or bowler hat to do so.

originally posted by: reldra
In NY (where this shrill voiced reporter was), if your name is isn't in the book, or if you are attempting to vote in a primary and haven't joined a political party (or in the case of this past election where there were glitches causing people to not show as belonging to a party), you are given a provisional or 'affidavit ballot'. You have to fill out a long form, vote on that form, explain why you think you were not on the required list, and sign under penalty of perjury. Those are then scrutinized by the head of the Board of Elections in that precinct.

Exact same process in Pennsylvania, too.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I always star for participation in my threads.

That being said, you don't deserve a star because you didn't watch the video.

Watching the video plays a critical role in the 'ColdWisdom thread replying' process.

You didn't watch your own video. She is offered an 'affidavit ballot'. An explanation has been given to you of what those are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join