It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rampant Political Hypocrisy. Left and Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As an outsider i can only comment and observe the madness that is unfolding in the US. Now after watching the full hearing and the blatant attempts to rile up the masses to start a war with Russia that inevitable would lead to ww3. It's clear to me that there is and probably always was a hidden faction amongst both parties who solely work against the american peoples interests. They are the real problem. People protested for rights they already had and illegal immigrants but a possible war that nobody should support is brushed off as nothing. I don't get it. I just waited for someone to shout Putin is literraly Hitler at the hearing. The virtue signaling from Mr.Heck was also very concerning. Some things that were being used to accuse Russia could've been seen as a declaration of war and nobody bats an eye.

Why is that not a worthy topic to discuss? The MSM seems not to care and the hypocrites on the left who are supposedly against any kind of war are awfuly quiet about it too. Perhaps i'm paranoid but the whole thing looked like a dog and pony show with the sole purpose to reinforce the idea that Russia is the enemy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
As an outsider i can only comment and observe the madness that is unfolding in the US. Now after watching the full hearing and the blatant attempts to rile up the masses to start a war with Russia that inevitable would lead to ww3. It's clear to me that there is and probably always was a hidden faction amongst both parties who solely work against the american peoples interests. They are the real problem. People protested for rights they already had and illegal immigrants but a possible war that nobody should support is brushed off as nothing. I don't get it. I just waited for someone to shout Putin is literraly Hitler at the hearing. The virtue signaling from Mr.Heck was also very concerning. Some things that were being used to accuse Russia could've been seen as a declaration of war and nobody bats an eye.

Why is that not a worthy topic to discuss? The MSM seems not to care and the hypocrites on the left who are supposedly against any kind of war are awfuly quiet about it too. Perhaps i'm paranoid but the whole thing looked like a dog and pony show with the sole purpose to reinforce the idea that Russia is the enemy.

The people in power love the madness and chaos. This way, nothing will change and the rich will remain rich.

The problem with "the americans peoples interests" is nobody can agree as to what public policy is in the people's interests.

What you don't get is the nature of American political theater. Politics in the US has nothing to do with reality for a reason.

This is a divided nation and be so for a very long time.

edit on 21-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
It's amazing how far the left has come in the past few months. They have become some of the most fiscally responsible people after running up record national debt the last 8 years without a single whisper of dissent. Now they are so worried about money some want to strip the presidents family of their secret service protection

It's also amazing the amnesia the right has come down with in the last few months. They went from complaining about Obama's family vacation and golfing costs to defending Trump for doing the exact same things.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were the same people making the threads against both parties but its usually the same people just roles reversed whether they are complaining or defending.

We have threads from the left with over 50 flags complaing about a Trump lie. But these same people never made a single peep when Obama lied about:
the steel industry being stronger in the US than it ever was
when he said he never called ISIS the JV team
when he cited the case of an Illinois man who Obama said had died because of an insurer's decision.
when he said he was excluding lobbyists from policy making jobs
when he said he didn't raise taxes once
the list goes on and on. Where were these people who are now so worried about having an honest president?

The left went from mocking Romney about Russia being a threat to making Russia out to be the big bad bogey man of the world. Some even calling for direct action against them. All the while the Right has become big advocates of peaceful diplomacy with Russia after telling Obama we need military intervention in Ukraine.

We had thread after thread about Russia hacking the election, we know this did not happen.
Look at these two threads:

How can they possibly jive?

We had the right hailing the FBI as a hero during the Clinton email saga and the left calling them corrupt, yet now the roles have reversed and the right thinks the IC is out to get Trump while the left says they are now heroes saving us from a Russian Manchurian candidate. But I guess they forgot about Obama caught on a hot mic "tell Putin I'll have more flexability after the election". Where was the outrage from these same people that defended him then?

This is part of the reason why over 92 million Americans didn't vote in the last election, why most think there is no difference between the two parties (or their supporters). They both do the same crap when in power and while not in power complain about the other side doing what they just finished doing themselves. This will never change until we all are able to hold our political leaders accountable no matter what letter is next to their name.

Everyone, including my self, needs to take a look at their previous and currently held criticisms (or defense), of the current and previous Presidents and see if you have defended something you are now criticizing. Most are guilty of it to some degree including myself.

United we stand, divided we fall. We are kept divided for a reason.

You seem to have left out the fact that your every point applies to the GOP as well..

Now the GOP wants big spending packages , thinks Russia is awesome, and countless other trump era total philosophical flip flops....

That said I agree completely..

I wonder if trump offered single payer or a min wage hike over 10 an hour. Would the democrats refuse to vote for it???

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't think anyone blames Russia for doing what we have always done...

Assuming it's all true..

Putin did what was best for Russia and trump...

The part that is dirty is that so did trump...

So this would only fall at his feet.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Sorry but did you watch the hearing? It was all about blaming Russia for everything. All that was missing was someone pushing the red button right in front of the american people.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I have noted the exact same thing.

The hypocrisy is disgusting and funny at the same time.
You can see though who has the lowest IQ on ATS though as only the stupid cant see there own hypocrisy.

Yes, the lowest IQs around here are those that say the left OR the right is the problem.
Both (extreme) sides have lost their frikken minds.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Sorry but did you watch the hearing? It was all about blaming Russia for everything. All that was missing was someone pushing the red button right in front of the american people.

Yes I did and I watched the FBI say that trump had been under investigation for the exactly what people have been saying he did...

Then I watched them lay out ONLY THE PUBLIC evidence against him..

All that stuff was not coincidence...

Trump made a deal, and now is getting caught.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm just defending our President and many people who never were into politics ever are now because of Social Media. It has given the people a voice to discuss and vent.

I do this because if Hillary won, I would HATE IT. But I would accept it, for as an American we need to work together as that is what we do best. We hate each other, we love each other.

I woefully EXPECT THE SAME from the other side.

The President is already in office, how about the Left cut the crap and lets work towards a better future? The real enemies are those who want to topple the US and take the dominate seat in the world.

I am staunch in my support for OUR President.

Star plus Flag. Beautiful Post.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Yes I did and I watched the FBI say that trump had been under investigation for the exactly what people have been saying he did...

Then I watched them lay out ONLY THE PUBLIC evidence against him..

All that stuff was not coincidence...

Trump made a deal, and now is getting caught.

No, they didn't.

...and the greater issue here, is we are prove the OPs point in division.

There was NO Russian deal. You're delusional if "PUBLIC EVIDENCE" was laid out. This is the crux of the problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
the problem with trump and the cost associated with his family's protection/vacations, living arrangements, whatever is the it's the first time in a very long time where the president was the parent of active adult children who are off living their own lives, conducting their own business. so, where some of these costs could be cut down some, like the weekly vacations to what was once called the winter whitehouse but is now being called the southern whitehouse (he has no intention of ending this habit anytime soon in other words) or his wife staying in their ny home, it would still be much more expensive because the kids are grown adults, raising their own families, living their own lives. that, we are just gonna have to grin and bear it I'm afraid. and, maybe make a mental note for next time around and not elect someone wiith so many adult children!
but, if things continue as they are, I don't really think that the costs of obama's vacations and protection will even come close to that of what trump's will be. and since trump's favorite weekend retreat seems to be one of his family's own businesses, much of that money will just flow into the profit margin of his business. at least the obama's seemed to spread the wealth around a little more evenly.

what is hypocritical, and this goes for both parties, is where they point to these massive near end of the world problems, be it overspending or global warming, saying how we all must make sacrifices to avoid the dire end result, while they are spending money left and right themselves, flying all over the world releasing more greenhouse gases the entire cities probably do..
think about it, if they actually believe global warming was gonna cause the end of the human race, wouldn't they themselves be doing all they can to cut down themselves. or if they really believed that our financial state is so bad, wouldn't they be doing all that they can to themselves to cut down on the spending? neither side are, they don't believe the garbage that they are trying to feed us obviously, because if they did, it would scare the crap out of them as much as they want to scare the crap out of us.
no, they want us to buy the crap and accept it as a justification to defunding the programs that help us, meals on wheels, which not only provides meals of elderly and disabled veterans who are unable to get out to the store, shop for the food and prepare it but often times, are the only contact these people have with another human being all week. while the money that is saved is diverted to programs that are more acceptable to them, military growth, wall for the mexican border, and the president is packing up every weekend, dragging his secret service detail, for a nice florida vacation.. at, one of his hotels, that gets a big check from the gov't for it's accommodations!

can I be hypocritical on occassion, oh, ya, I imagine so... but at least I try to apply a consistent standard across the board!

this country is lost if our elected leaders can't lay down their politically tinted glasses long enough to start looking at the problems in a non-partisan manner!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
nope
edit on 21-3-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join