It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rampant Political Hypocrisy. Left and Right

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's amazing how far the left has come in the past few months. They have become some of the most fiscally responsible people after running up record national debt the last 8 years without a single whisper of dissent. Now they are so worried about money some want to strip the presidents family of their secret service protection

It's also amazing the amnesia the right has come down with in the last few months. They went from complaining about Obama's family vacation and golfing costs to defending Trump for doing the exact same things.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were the same people making the threads against both parties but its usually the same people just roles reversed whether they are complaining or defending.

We have threads from the left with over 50 flags complaing about a Trump lie. But these same people never made a single peep when Obama lied about:
the steel industry being stronger in the US than it ever was
when he said he never called ISIS the JV team
when he cited the case of an Illinois man who Obama said had died because of an insurer's decision.
when he said he was excluding lobbyists from policy making jobs
when he said he didn't raise taxes once
the list goes on and on. Where were these people who are now so worried about having an honest president?

The left went from mocking Romney about Russia being a threat to making Russia out to be the big bad bogey man of the world. Some even calling for direct action against them. All the while the Right has become big advocates of peaceful diplomacy with Russia after telling Obama we need military intervention in Ukraine.

We had thread after thread about Russia hacking the election, we know this did not happen.
Look at these two threads:

How can they possibly jive?

We had the right hailing the FBI as a hero during the Clinton email saga and the left calling them corrupt, yet now the roles have reversed and the right thinks the IC is out to get Trump while the left says they are now heroes saving us from a Russian Manchurian candidate. But I guess they forgot about Obama caught on a hot mic "tell Putin I'll have more flexability after the election". Where was the outrage from these same people that defended him then?

This is part of the reason why over 92 million Americans didn't vote in the last election, why most think there is no difference between the two parties (or their supporters). They both do the same crap when in power and while not in power complain about the other side doing what they just finished doing themselves. This will never change until we all are able to hold our political leaders accountable no matter what letter is next to their name.

Everyone, including my self, needs to take a look at their previous and currently held criticisms (or defense), of the current and previous Presidents and see if you have defended something you are now criticizing. Most are guilty of it to some degree including myself.

United we stand, divided we fall. We are kept divided for a reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have noted the exact same thing.

The hypocrisy is disgusting and funny at the same time.

You can see though who has the lowest IQ on ATS though as only the stupid cant see there own hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm amazed that anyone even identifies as Left or Right anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The problems with our country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. If you think otherwise you are delusional.

Everything in politics is about preserving the status quo. Every year the rich get richer. And the median worker's wage is driven deeper and deeper into a poverty wage. Hey look, it's very simple. The people with money have representation in this government. The people who cannot pay a lobbyist have no representation. Money talks, everything you post is BS.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I'm amazed that anyone even identifies as Left or Right anymore.

It's not always about identity. Sometimes it's about the issues.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

The deep state/dem repub/soros crazies are succeeding at dividing the country, people of the USA, WISE UP AND UNITE against them! Don't let them continue to control us in the quest for their one world order. Trump is an outsider and he is our last chance for a free country!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think it's only about the issues for people who have broken free of the Left/Right paradigm...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

United we stand, divided we fall. We are kept divided for a reason.

United we stand, divided we fall.

That is the root of everything we are seeing.
edit on 3/21/2017 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/21/2017 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba

The deep state/dem repub/soros crazies are succeeding at dividing the country, people of the USA, WISE UP AND UNITE against them! Don't let them continue to control us in the quest for their one world order. Trump is an outsider and he is our last chance for a free country!

It has nothing to do with "deep state/dem repub/soros crazies". People in this country simply cannot agree with what public policies need to be to fix our problems. People in red states think government is the problem. People in blue states think the greedy CEOs are the problem. This country will remain divided for a long time.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

I think it's only about the issues for people who have broken free of the Left/Right paradigm...

We have two party system. Voting for the silly parties never works.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Don't accept the divide and conquer tactics, all of ordinary people can send a powerful signal to them if we all unite, it is possible. Don't give up!!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The problem is the monetary system more than anything else.

Everybody is in on it, and the banks are pretty much in control of everything and everyone.

Quit whining and boycott the banks.

Or Just Shut Up.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Tu quoque?

The past actions and morals of the one making the argument is irrelevant to the argument itself. Such a fallacy is used to discredit rather than entertain the ones making the argument, whom in this case is "left and right".

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I never said the hypocrisy makes the arguments invalid. I just would like to see people hold everyone to the same standard instead of just their political "enemies".

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I never said that either. I said "discredit rather than entertain".

Politics is division by definition. Without division, disputation and debate, there would be no politics. Unity is fools gold. We can find unity in other places, but for politics, division is necessary and important.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

They both do the same crap when in power and while not in power complain about the other side doing what they just finished doing themselves. This will never change until we all are able to hold our political leaders accountable no matter what letter is next to their name.

Bingo. That is the chief reason why many don't vote. If both candidates are being backed by the group of people, is it really a choice? America has gotten so comfortable, that they do not question what a politician says versus how they vote on laws and bills, that's holding them accountable.

Until that happens, nothing will change. New boss, same as old boss. No war with Russia but going at China is not a better alternative.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I agree with that. But the division should be about issues with different view points. We shouldn't attack or defend an issue solely based on WHO it is about. For instance if you have a problem with spending money on President Obama's vacation, you should also have an issue with President Trump doing it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba

Don't accept the divide and conquer tactics, all of ordinary people can send a powerful signal to them if we all unite, it is possible. Don't give up!!

You are missing the point. I don't agree with public policy solutions proposed by red state voters. And I imagine red state voters would not agree with my suggested public policy changes.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I agree with that. But the division should be about issues with different view points. We shouldn't attack or defend an issue solely based on WHO it is about. For instance if you have a problem with spending money on President Obama's vacation, you should also have an issue with President Trump doing it.

Or, the government using money for abortions by bombing pregnant Muslims in other countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join