It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were the ancestors of primates?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

You mean Apes.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

South Park - Mr.Garrison's Evolution Theory

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Koala's would taste minty, wouldn't they?

No! Like menthol!

Rub them on your chest when you have a cold.

edit on 3 21 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 21 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So they got the whole man bear pig thing wrong, its really man bear squirrel?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No, it's man squirrel pig. No bear, but it's a common misconception.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: intrptr

No, it's man squirrel pig. No bear, but it's a common misconception.

Then Mr. Garrison got it wrong? That snippet from SouthPark embedded above is the actual theory.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He was just going by the most current info available at the time, not his/her fault.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
media.moddb.com...
edit on 21-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Alright, hit me with your logic.

Nothing to hit you with! The topic is usually something that turns people into "I know everything class aholes". You discuss this topic with hard religious fanatics and zealots of scientific theory. However questions are put forth by both sides where both sides don't have the answers and reach conclusions with the aid of believe me type thinking!
I'm smiply stating my neutrality on the subject.

There's two parts to this issue. On the one side, you have theists who have weak faith in God. Anytime a theist argues against evolution they are showing how weak their faith is in God. An omnipotent God can create the Universe in any amount of time including all the fake fossil and carbon dating evidence. Unless your faith in an omnipotent God is weak, then there is absolutely no point in arguing with science about anything.

On the side, if you've ever studied advance biology, it's very clear all cellular life is connected. And it's very clear there is a progression of complexity from the fossil record. If you study this with a scientific mindset it is impossible not to conclude that the principles of evolution are accurate.

There are more interesting questions than what was the ancestor of monkeys. I think how did mammals come into existence is a very good question:

"Mammals evolved from a group of reptiles called the synapsids. These reptiles arose during the Pennsylvanian Period (310 to 275 million years ago). A branch of the synapsids called the therapsids appeared by the middle of the Permian Period (275 to 225 million years ago)."

Here's a good discussion on it:

www.bobpickett.org...

And even more interesting question is how did the first living cell come into existence. Here's a good PDF on how the first living cells came into existence:

www.mhhe.com...

The science is good science. Life is insanely complex. Simple conclusions based on a limited effort in gathering known facts and published commentary by people who have devoted their whole life to this subject is the real problem with this debate. The theists simply do not do their homework and think really smart people are just being snooty and elitists.

You have to understand there really are people out there who are really intelligent. You just don't understand how intelligent people can people unless you've been around one or two. People can be amazingly smart. Here's the website for the smartest person I've ever met:

www.cadaeic.net...

This guy was so smart that he taught himself how to play piano and I saw him perform in a Jazz band at a bar. He was so smart that guy who graduated magna cum laude from MIT was so upset by how smart he was the MIT guy stopped going to work and became a homeless person. We thought the guy was an extraterrestrial because his level of intelligence was so much higher than everyone else. My point is, people who study evolution are equally smart and should be respected.

edit on 21-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

In my experience, particularly on this board, the anti-evolution crowd have their minds made up before looking at the data. Manipulating the data is perfectly legitimate to prove their positions.

All science, including evolutionary biology, is about discovery and evidence. That's it. Scientists build their case on evidence. If someone disagrees with the evidence, it's incumbent on them to prove it. You'll notice on this board the anti-evolutionists disappear into the ether faster than the speed of light when they're asked to present their evidence!

Creationism isn't a religion and it has nothing to do with god(s) or the Bible. It's a cult founded by a junk bond salesman.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If i remember my primate anthropology right (i probably dont) i believe monkeys evolved from a tree shrew or something close. Wish i hadnt given my old anthropology books to goodwill or id check right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

screw evolution. maybe they are a result of a ancient nuclear war . primates, neanderthals, maybe they are just mutated hums from radiation.
edit on 21-3-2017 by luke1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JugHead

FFS...I give up

top topics

<< 1   >>

join