It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Any Black People Mentioned In The Bible?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

So, we have Plato's hand written discourses? Thats not true.

There is less evidence of Plato than there are of Jesus' existence

There is nothing handwritten by Jesus either.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Got any proof of that Krazy?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead

Got any proof of that Krazy?

Doesn't work that way. I cannot prove a negative. If a handwritten item from Jesus exists, then it is on you to produce it. Do you know of any? Because I don't.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: strangechristian777

The fact is he existed.

That is not a fact and is heavily debated. Only the Bible makes this assertion and it was written after he died, and the two or so extra-Biblical sources for his existence are dubious at best.

Well there is more evidence for Jesus than any other dead human being

What kind of claim is that and how can you even claim it true?

I guess you will have to read and discern the claim written for yourself
I am not your school teacher, I am not here to educate you
Believe what you want

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Do you like the colour green? Because you could use some right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That was vague and uninformative. Almost like you don't even believe it yourself or you were trying to preach religion to me. I know for a fact that any famous person who has died within the last 150 years has more evidence of their existence than Jesus thanks to things like photography, radio recordings, and television; so that very simply disproves your outrageous claim.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JugHead

I'm not following what you are alluding to here. Are you being insulting or supportive?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: Butterfinger

I posed the thought experiment that a lot of historical personas that are more widely accepted as having been a real person than Jesus, i.e. Pluto,

That is untrue because unlike Jesus who left no tangible evidence of his existence, most of Plato's major written works survived.

Jesus on the other hand was only written about hundreds of years after his death and all the accounts were obviously second hand. No direct evidence.

a reply to: spiritualarchitect

If he was “write” on those three then he is probably right about Atlantis too.

Of course! I'm not denying that. I think that is highly plausible. I also think most likely Jesus exsisted, but that's not what I'm asking proof of.

Can you prove they were written by Plato and not years and years after his deat by a forger who wanted to make money selling papper scraps

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think a more appropriate question would be are there any 'white' people mentioned in the Bible?

It is safe to assume that everyone mentioned in the Bible was of a dusky (or darker) complexion.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That's silly, those pictures are of impostors, are forgeries, photo shopped, msm lies, you have been sucked into the land of simpletons
Radio recordings, come on, probably photo shopped Mel blanc impersonatos
You have nothing but doctored images and fake news reels.
Nothing remotely justifiable as evidence
Krazyshot, you think the worlds flat, I doubt you could discern the truth, real from fake

I can make stuff up as well and who,would know reality in a generation

Preach at you, it seems you like to preach your fundie atheism at me

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

I think a more appropriate question would be are there any 'white' people mentioned in the Bible?

It is safe to assume that everyone mentioned in the Bible was of a dusky (or darker) complexion.

I would be pretty sure a few Roman soldiers would have been Caucasian at a guess.
I believe a few Asian traders as well

link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If that is the best you got then that means there is literally zero evidence of Jesus' existence. You just made your case even poorer.

link   

Gentleman made the claim that we have Platos hand written discourses, no one claimed that of Jesus.

There is less accounts outside of "Plato's works" of his existence. Can you prove his existance by the same qualifiers you require of others for Jesus?

Plato never existed then?

edit on 3222017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Gentleman made the claim that we have Platos hand written discourses, no one claimed that of Jesus.

But you DID followup that there is more evidence of Jesus' existence than Plato, which is untrue because there is no evidence of Jesus' existence. At least not directly. Just like with Plato.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

That is the more relevant question

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's your choice completely.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thats my point, I added to the post above when I should have added it here, sorry.

If we are saying Jesus never existed, then by the same standards neither did Plato, Shakespeare, Homer, William Tell, Donald Kaufman, etc

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I do believe there is extra biblical evidence of him, certainly more so than many in antiquity.

Tacitus, Josephus, neither were christian, and a possible ossuary of James mentioning his relation to Jesus.

We'll have to start a new thread if youre interested in getting into greater detail.

Historian Michael Grant wrote:

" If we apply to the New Testament, as we should, the same sort of criteria as we should apply to other ancient writings containing historical material, we can no more reject Jesus' existence than we can reject the existence of a mass of pagan personages whose reality as historical figures is never questioned."

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The difference between those people and Jesus is that we have records of their works. For example: Homer. We have the Odyssey. We may not have the entire story, but we have that story and it is attributed to a man named Homer. So SOMEONE existed that wrote that story. I guess it could be true that the name is a pseudonym, but that doesn't change the fact that someone lived who wrote that work of fiction.

Meanwhile, Jesus was a preacher and we aren't even sure he could read or write, so there aren't any works left behind from him. I mean I know that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John existed. Or at least people we are attributing those names existed. Because those four wrote the Gospels. But that doesn't mean that Jesus himself existed.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I know a lot of the Bible takes place in Egypt, but I never really thought about how much of it takes place in Africa and probably involved black people.

Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

But then there is much that is in oral Torah and tradition that is not read by most Christians. Some years ago I authored a book called "Seven Earths" and in that book I explained why Moses' sister and prophetess, named Miriiam, and his brother, Aaron, also chided Moses in their anger of Moses having the black Ethiopian as his wife. Here is a portion of that tradition.

Most people have not heard the following story of the young Moses. It happened that Moses very well knew his roots and knew exactly who his mother, father, sister and brother were. After his killing one of Pharaoh’s officers, he fled the land of Egypt in fear of his life. He was a very well educated young man about twenty years old and was a brilliant tactician in the war rooms of Pharaoh. With this background he fled Egypt and came into the land of Midian and dwelt beside a well. It was here that he became a victim of war.

At this time a war broke out between Cush [Ethiopia] and Aramia. Both Aramia and Ethiopia were vassal states of Cush whose king was named Kinkos. Kinkos led his army off to the battle field and left Balaam and his two sons to care for his kingdom. King Kinko defeated the rebels and returned home but upon his return he found that he had been overthrown by Balaam and his two sons. Kinkos tried to breach all walls of the city but was defeated on all counts. He then laid siege to the city of Cush and this was where Moses came upon the scene.

With Moses’ education in these matters of warfare, he was sought out by the King and joined his army as both advisor and teacher. The siege lasted nine years and during these nine years King Kinkos became ill and died. This left Moses as the chief strategist in the army and with a vote of confidence he was appointed the King’s successor. As the new king, Moses then defeated the rebels of Cush and retook the city. He ruled in peace for a full forty years and was greatly loved by all.

The rift between some people may lay in the fact that Moses married the queen of Kinko but in this marriage was no consummation. It was this queen who rebelled against the authority of Moses since her son, by King Kinkos, was now fully developed in mind and body and the true inheritor of the throne. Moses agreed that Kinkos son was indeed the true king and stepped down from his office. The people of Cush loved Moses so much that they bestowed untold wealth and gifts upon him. Moses decided to leave Cush and did leave as a very wealthy man. His age was now sixty years when he left the Cu#es.

Seven years later is when Moses met Jethro the retired priest of Midian. Jethro had some wealth as a shepherd but could find no men to be his shepherds. It was for this reason that we find the daughters of Jethro at the well doing this watering of the flock. Jethro learned of the deposed Moses from the throne of Cush and suspecting him to be a foul person, had imprisoned Moses for ten years. Actually Moses was soon forgotten and assumed dead from starvation and disease and was it not for the daughter of Jethro named Tzipporah, feeding him secretly, Moses would not have lived. Tzipporah pleaded with her father, Jethro, to spare Moses and as a result of this love which she had for Moses, he was released.
Unquote

From this tradition one must be very careful to observe the fact that this may not have had anything to do with race [for the Queen was black], but could have been that she was not Hebrew and was considered an outsider till converted to the God of Abraham. Mixed marriages were determined mostly by deities and not skin colors. Miriam was considered a prophetess with more insight into the God of Abraham than most others. But when we consider that Miriam was punished then it becomes more probable that she did disapprove based upon skin color. So in lite of this one can draw their own conclusions.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join