It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Any Black People Mentioned In The Bible?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Jesus was actually a black guy.

Jesus could have been.

Or he most likely was mixed race like most of us are today,, due to family blood line/descends coming from different places.. Jesus could be any skin colour we personally choose, reason why is because we may never really find out and for me it doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

I know a lot of the Bible takes place in Egypt, but I never really thought about how much of it takes place in Africa and probably involved black people.

Egypt is in Africa,

so I have no idea what you are on about.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No Buddhism is not christianity and not even in the least way remotely related, nothing even similar

No one claimed it was.

Actually, to most if not all that have extensive experience and knowledge of both will say that the 2 are actually quite similar based on the concepts of peace and harmony amongst all people.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

No Buddhism is not christianity and not even in the least way remotely related, nothing even similar

No one claimed it was.

Actually, to most if not all that have extensive experience and knowledge of both will say that the 2 are actually quite similar based on the concepts of peace and harmony amongst all people.

There you go, just got it wrong
Christianity does not teach peace and harmony amongst all people
It's hard enough to teach peace and harmony amongst Christians, it does not teach non christians
Christianity teaches a broken world, broken people, all messed up requiring Jesus to,step in and save us, christians

I doubt you have an extensive knowledge of Christianity if what you say what you think, sorry

Why don't you go and study the differences and see why they oppose each othe, don't rely on what you think you know.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I just want someone to really prove Jesus existed. There is no evidence that I've read that has ever proven to me without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus ever walked this earth as a person and not a myth.

You could say the same about Plato, who has less evidence of existence than Jesus.

Can you prove to the world that Plato existed by the same evidence standard you would need to prove Jesus to you?
edit on 3212017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The difference between doubting Plato's existence versus Jesus is that Plato isn't alleged to break the laws of physics on a whim.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
everyone in the bible had blonde hair and blue eyes.

proven easily. show a christian millenial or teenager a photo of what archaeologist think jesus might have looked like; you know in a time where hygiene wasnt great, and everyone walked everywhere, no plumbing, and less than stellar food options, and the locations where most bible 'dwellers' would roam and have bare children. and then show a picture of jesus with blonde hair and blue eyes, and see which they choose.

another reason why all the apostles and prophets are almost always represented in their old age. white hair blue eyes.

in say, 300 years time, christ will look like he might have been from Norway.
and a non white jesus will be 'folklore tales' told by rogue Christians shunned by the church.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Jesus (if he ever existed, and I doubt it) was not white!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Christianity does not teach peace and harmony amongst all people It's hard enough to teach peace and harmony amongst Christians, it does not teach non christians

Christianity does not teach peace and harmony?

Christianity teaches a broken world, broken people, all messed up requiring Jesus to,step in and save us, christians

These aren't teachings.

I think you need to understand the difference between teachings and claims.

Its claimed that we are all damned and what not but Christianity teaches us how to overcome that damnation with love and compassion.

Similar to how Buddhism teaches compassion is the way to live.

I doubt you have an extensive knowledge of Christianity if what you say what you think, sorry

Yes, like many of your clan. you head is filled with doubt and not enough faith.

Why don't you go and study the differences and see why they oppose each othe, don't rely on what you think you know.

I have, not only studied but had extensive experience in both cultures as being separate cultures and as being a shared culture.

The bottom line is that they are identical at the most basic conceptual levels, same could be said for many other ideologies and philosophies.

However, many don't like the concept of unity which is a lesson taught in every religion,

It seems to take away division that so many hold dear.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

God does not draw distinction between the colors of his children and the bible tell's of Adam and Eve so ties all human's together though later divided by tribe and of course the scattering of the tribes at Babel and when it speaks of white in spiritual vision's and terms it mean's purity and light not race of skin color.

I never noted any other such statement's but then I did not read the old testament very often but do know the Song of Solomon tell's that the Queen of Sheba is both incredibly beautiful and had skin like ebony which is contrasted against the presumably lighter skin tone of the Hebrew's, in the new testament it mention's the Ethiopian Eunuch,
en.wikipedia.org...

The only time color became a concern was after the age of slavery.

Why?

Because they wanted to claim that somehow white slavers had the right to exploit the black people whom were kidnapped sometime's by European slaver gang's but most usually by Islamic slaver gang's, Islam had been committing this crime against black people far longer and indeed the Koran say's that black people are FOR slavery, the bible does not and even the old testament were slavery existed had rule's, the Jew's had been slaves so were from the get go not a pure race but mixed with all the other slave races of Egypt including Nubian's and Ethiopian's as well as European's and had been for 400 years, now that led to that fact that though a person could be a slave religious law of the Hebrew's meant that they had to convert there slave and could only keep them as a slave for a number of years after which they had to pay them off and let them go, if a woman and the slave owner took a fancy to her and had his way he also then had to marry her and her children were then his heir's.

When Evolution came along there was an argument by those whom continued to push the agenda of justifying slavery even though it was against Christianity (come to set the captives free) that they tried to claim that the black people and indeed all non european races were somehow more like animal's than people.

Unfortunately they were so successful in there brain washing and the Evolutionists so successful in there own agenda that the weak minded mass of the population took this as fact, taught it to there children and so it became culturally entrenched, a crime against both side's of the family and a lie that divides even to this day.

You will find some site's that push the Black racial agenda and try to rewrite history, half the time they are correct and half the time wrong, one such site claim's that Jezebel was black but in fact we do not really know her color except that she was a philistine and they were a fair skinned and even perhaps fair haired race of people, indeed the Kurd's whom may trace there lineage in part back to the philistine's are often born blue eye's and fair haired though that is just as likely to have come into there ancestry from other sources including the possibility that it came with the Hittite's whom as we today know actually spoke an indo European language very closely related to modern English and German, were they came from with there mysterious black iron weapon's is unknown though they borrowed much of there culture from the people's they conquered such as the Cuniform script they used which like most modern alphabets is actually a phonetic script.

My point being that the part of the world were the bible was born is, was and likely will remain a cross road's for all races of man.
edit on 21-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Spider879
Don't even know if there was an historical Jesus to begin with but, care to know how the bible described him, real or not??
Hair of wool and skin like burnished bronze, so if there is a second coming then keep a look out for a dark skinned woolly haired male about 30.

Ok, it's time I 'fess up, Jesus is here and is a friend of mine, last time I saw him he was Crowd Surfing at a Ministry gig, here he is at Bloodstock, I'd prefer to use the pic of him next to someone in a Cradle of Filth T-shirt but i think the language on the shirt breaks T&C's...

Oh Gordy, you sir, are a legend...

Dat ain't Jesus!!.. dats Hay-Zeus..and he owe me money, Jesus got that wholly hair thing working but both of em need to get that hair cut..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Just for the record, everything in the Old Testament and virtually everything in the New Testament happened in Africa and Western Asia.

For example, Cush/Kush is in modern day Sudan & Southern Ethiopia. Its Pharoah Taharqa was the same pharoah "Tirhakah" who saved the Kingdom of Judah from the Assyrian leader Sennacherib in Isaiah 37:9 and 2 Kings 19:9.

"Ancient Egypt" was actually called "Kemet/KMT", which literally translates into "Black Land". Egypt didn't become an Arab majority country until after the Prophet Muhammad died and the 1st Caliph invaded it in the 600s AD (take 10 min to look at random hieroglyphics to get the point). Ancient Phut/Put was believed to be in Libya, which also didn't become Arab majority until the Arab invasions after the Prophet Muhammad died. The Ancient land of Punt was in Eastern Africa, in much the same areas as the empire of Sheba (though many signs point to it being in modern day Somalia).

"The Queen of Sheba" has a name, Makeda, and her empire stretched from Eastern Africa (modern day Ethiopia, Sudan, Djibouti, and Eritrea) to many parts of the Arabian Peninsula (like Yemen and Saudi Arabia). In fact, Ethiopia was ruled for almost 3,000 years straight by the Solomonic Dynasty, which was founded by Menelik, who is believed to be the son of King Solomon and Sheba's Empress Makeda. In fact, the biblical name "Candace" comes from the title "Kandake", which is the title of Ethiopia's female ruler. Haile Selassie was the last ruler of this Solomonic dynasty, though the successor of that bloodline is still alive today.

The Roman Catholic Church to this day has countless "Black Madonna" statues and works of art throughout Europe which depict both the Prophet Jesus and Mother Mariam as dark skinned. This wasn't even an issue back then. The native languages in Eastern African countries like Ethiopia, Sudan, Eritrea, and Somalia are from the Semitic and Cush-itic language branches. And look up the biblical locations for Eden in Genesis 2 (particularly from passage 8 onwards), like the Gihon River that runs through Kush/Cush (modern day Sudan). In fact, Ethiopia is mentioned multiple times by name in many translations of the Bible, with others using the name Cush/Kush instead.

The point I'm making is that you're asking the wrong question. The question should be "Are there any non-Black and non-Brown mentioned in the Bible?". Europe literally adopted an Afro-Asian religion. Skin color didn't become a raging issue in most Abrahamic denominations until around the late 1400s when "white" Christian Europe started conquering the "non-white" world and needed a religious justification for it.

In fact, many of those denominations taught that both the "Mark of Cain" and "Curse of Ham" described the creation of black skin. So even if you ignore everything else I said, most major Abrahamic denominations taught for at least several centuries that all of the Canaanites, Cu#es, and descendants of Cain were "black". And since all of Ancient Israel and most of the "Middle East" were inhabited by Canaanites, that seems to imply that all of the original inhabitants were also black skinned.

So to answer your question, yes there were plenty of "black" people mentioned in the Bible.

edit on 21-3-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Guys for real tho, while the Jesus thing is hot button sub topic of the thread, Africa and Blacks known by various nationalities were mentioned,even when the Bible do not explicitly mention a person color, they were fully aware of their southern neighbors in both Africa and Asia including those of the Levant , a place where Africans did business and leave their descendants, look up the begats.

From these the coastlands of the nations were separated into their lands, every one according to his language, according to their families, into their nations. The sons of Ham were Cush and Mizraim and Put and Canaan. The sons of Cush were Seba and Havilah and Sabtah and Raamah and Sabteca; and the sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.…

And And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah
biblehub.com...

Note that these are supposedly Black people or nations in both Africa and west Asia and the Levant like I said , this includes Sumer and other states.
The compilers of the Bgeats simply took all the Black ppl regardless of any real connection and group them together,they did the same with supposed ancestors of Europeans or White folks,

The sons of Japheth were Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshech and Tiras. The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz and Riphath and Togarmah.…
biblehub.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As was mentioned before, pretty much the whole bible is Middle Eastern. Not sure if you'd include Egypt in the Middle East or Northern Africa. That being said they'd pretty much all be Arabic/Jewish. There are some non-Biblical texts that say Noah was pure white. Also Cain received a mysterious "mark" so people would leave him alone. Could be instead his body color was changed from the classic Middle East to Asian, Black, Caucasian, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Just for the record, Northern Africa didn't become Arab-majority until the Arab conquests in the 600s AD. That's more than 1,000 years after most of the events of the Old Testament, and more than 1,600 years after the foundation of the biblical Kingdom of Israel. That would be like saying North Americans from 1000 BC were European because they're mostly of European ancestry now.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Black people probobly authored said Bible.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
As was mentioned before, pretty much the whole bible is Middle Eastern. Not sure if you'd include Egypt in the Middle East or Northern Africa. That being said they'd pretty much all be Arabic/Jewish. There are some non-Biblical texts that say Noah was pure white. Also Cain received a mysterious "mark" so people would leave him alone. Could be instead his body color was changed from the classic Middle East to Asian, Black, Caucasian, etc.

The term Middle East goes back no further than the 1940ts, and includes north Africa and west Asia, there was no such thing as classic middle eastern body color as they had various shades.

Note the upper registrar , these are Laventines.

Get the picture??

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Until I got to the bottom I was trying to figure out why YOU were censoring cush
In the first sentence I thought it mean Moses' wife was a cute woman.

Is there some hipster meaning I am unaware of that would cause it to be censored?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
Once you go Christian, you don't go back.

It's true but it doesn't rhyme

It's not y'know, a friend of mine, who was once a major stoner, athiest and metal fan went all born again Christian and got quite preachy with us. I saw her again a couple of years back and she had reverted to her athiestic ways (and was even dirtier minded than she was in her pre-Christian days)...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots?Then also you can do good who are accustomed to do evil.

I forget the location. I think its Acts.

Sure blacks were in the bible.. but many peoples were. Where I have issue is where whites or blacks claim authorship or authority. Many authors, no modern day authority. Hubris.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join