It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Any Black People Mentioned In The Bible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Once you go Christian, you don't go back.

It's true but it doesn't rhyme

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Michael Jackson was clearly the second coming Jesus, we all missed it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
a reply to: intrptr

Satan is red in the bible. That's about as recent an addition as the white people though.

The Bible was written by Europeans, as white as sheets.
Not recently either if you consider the King James version, the go to bible. The confusion on a lot of peoples parts is primarily because of our early conditioning by sunday school and childrens stories where all the pics of bible characters are clearly fair skinned.

The official narrative, written by the victors, is bent.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I thought the topic was Black people being mentioned in the bible?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The Bible was written by the Jews... They were not European. Israel is in the western part of Asia. Basically almost touching Africa.

Ideas like "go to bible" bug the # out of me too. Why is that the go to? It was the most nefariously edited that got away with it? I don't understand what separates good plagiarism from bad?

I honestly don't even see the Bible as that victorious. By Matthew, the contempt for itself is unreal. They literally couldn't finish the thing before it destroyed society.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Almost all Christians are angry. It's passive aggression.

Should he be scared of you?

Strangely enough a friend called me conciliatory recently, it seems if I disagree with someone I am angry
Some people can't accept others disagree with them and accept that and walk away.
I think it's not only christians evangelizing their faith around here

Anyway, black or white, who really cares

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The ancients weren't fixated on skin colour like some modern people are today. They were more interested in geographic origin of the individual rather than modern ideas of ethnicity.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I'm an alien, want to be an alien and come to my planet with me?

That's how you sound about anything Christian online.

As whiny as the subhumans can be, people respect the Bible because it's immortalized literature art. To some, a Moby Dick. To people that find that is not good enough and need to preach and pray upon others even more, is just disrespectful; delusional and driven by some sort of misguided passion, normally anger. Moby Dick was a good book, they shouldn't be so needy and sensitive; the same words they use to describe their opponents to bait ethos arguments. Ethos arguments are really effective online if you know you're already full of #.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

The Bible was written by the Jews...

The first four books are copied from the Torah. But I agree the western historical meme is maintained by the Jews, even today.

Everyone's taught about the Holy land (special dirt) and God's Chosenites (special people).

'God' isn't racist, doesn't play favorites. People do that. Especially control freaks.

Further:

Ideas like "go to bible" bug the # out of me too. Why is that the go to? It was the most nefariously edited that got away with it? I don't understand what separates good plagiarism from bad?

In one word, "Church".
edit on 21-3-2017 by intrptr because: Further:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

If Michael Jackson was the second coming, then he failed, miserably.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I am sorry but the OP for me is deluded, who gives a shiz if someone white, brown or black was mentioned in a book of fiction.

I thought the premise was to treat all equally not divide and conquer, I have not read the great fiction novel or any fiction novel for religion so maybe my opinion is less valid, take it or leave it BUT i wont judge you by colour and which book of fiction you belive in.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The Bible is written in mnemonic format, the most famous and last of it's kind, as books today now pass information rather than store it. It likely predates Written Books themselves by potentially hundreds of years, and existed through telephone story telling before that, as many other mnemonic books did.

Church is another ambiguous concept, can you be more specific? "Church" can be compared to dancing around a fire like cavemen in some respects.
edit on 21-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A possibility why no one is mentioned by skin colour is, the people writing the Bible had no idea what colour of skin they had and probably didn't care.

You don't open a book and see a list of characters by skin colour do you? ie, Paul is (Black) Mandy is (white) Tom is (mixed) just doesn't happen, that would be for your mind to make up by reading what the character does/acts throughout the pages. even then it doesn't really matter.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The Bible mentions "the Moors" on occasion, who are thought to be Black Muslims.
It also mentions "Ethiopians" a black race. Enoch was Ethiopian.

youaremoor.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Sounds like a great guy. Great teachings! Went to India, learned from the buddhists.

Can you provide me actual evidence he existed though? Something tangible?

No Buddhism is not christianity and not even in the least way remotely related, nothing even similar

Ummm...I was with you up until that statement...

Actually there are more similarities than not...
Both practiced and taught loving kindness...nonviolence...equality...
Both also taught and spoke to the gifts of the Spirit...walking on water...healing by laying on of hands...raising the dead...etc...

I have studied and practiced both traditions...

There are also similarities between what Jesus taught and Hinduism...
Christ taught about...The Bridal Chamber...while Hinduism taught about Kundalini...these are the same principles viewed through the lens of different cultures...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm an alien, want to be an alien and come to my planet with me?

That's how you sound about anything Christian online.

As whiny as the subhumans can be, people respect the Bible because it's immortalized literature art. To some, a Moby Dick. To people that find that is not good enough and need to preach and pray upon others even more, is just disrespectful; delusional and driven by some sort of misguided passion, normally anger. Moby Dick was a good book, they shouldn't be so needy and sensitive; the same words they use to describe their opponents to bait ethos arguments. Ethos arguments are really effective online if you know you're already full of #.

You might note that I am an alien here abouts.
It's to be expected

And no, those against the bible hate it, ridicule it and are happy to teach their version of its teachings. I have atheists telling me I can't eat pork, have to wear unblended materials

Most don't know the difference between Judaism and Christianity
Some even try to cause issues in relation to the colour of Christs skin, as if it's important

There is no ethos involved here, no ethos in the reality of Christ, believe by faith or not, it makes little difference to me

If they ask me for evidence I will offer it, but better, I will ask them to show the same evidence in a different perspective and hopefully show them the ignorance of their argument

Black or white, who cares

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

But but but, hipsters were sent by the antichrist himself!!! They have no soul!! lol

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Sounds like a great guy. Great teachings! Went to India, learned from the buddhists

No Buddhism is not christianity and not even in the least way remotely related, nothing even similar

Ummm...I was with you up until that statement...

Actually there are more similarities than not...
Both practiced and taught loving kindness...nonviolence...equality...
Both also taught and spoke to the gifts of the Spirit...walking on water...healing by laying on of hands...raising the dead...etc...

I have studied and practiced both traditions...

There are also similarities between what Jesus taught and Hinduism...
Christ taught about...The Bridal Chamber...while Hinduism taught about Kundalini...these are the same principles viewed through the lens of different cultures...

YouSir

Christianity teaches one God, His son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Heaven and hell, judgement and justice

The Buddhists don't have a Nicene creed, the creed most christians accept

What bridal chamber?
What kundalini is there in christianity, not even remotely related principles

You seem confused
edit on 21-3-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Jesus was actually a black guy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: D8Tee

www.imdb.com...

The Dark Tower? Is that relevant?

Well that's practically my bible so I see their point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join