It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Any Black People Mentioned In The Bible?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservantTheir current Prime Minister's name is Hailemariam Desalegn, with "Haile" translating into something like "Power" and "Hailemariam" translating into "Mariam's Power/Power of Mariam".

Do you know if her given name would translate to HailMary or is it just a coincidence?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777
It was written and translated by white people so probably not so much. That is why we have a white Jesus...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: enlightenedservantTheir current Prime Minister's name is Hailemariam Desalegn, with "Haile" translating into something like "Power" and "Hailemariam" translating into "Mariam's Power/Power of Mariam".

Do you know if her given name would translate to HailMary or is it just a coincidence?

I'm not sure. The "Hail Mary" prayer is basically used when asking for divine intervention from Mother Mary/Mariam, right? So I guess you could argue that it's asking for the Power of Mariam/Mary. But I think the "Hail" in "Hail Mary" is just one of the standard English definitions of calling out to someone. In Latin, the prayer is actually called "Ave Maria" instead of "Hail Mary".

Hail (definition on Dictionary.com):

verb (used with object)
1. to cheer, salute, or greet; welcome.

2. to acclaim; approve enthusiastically:
The crowds hailed the conquerors. They hailed the recent advances in medicine.

3. to call out to in order to stop, attract attention, ask aid, etc.:
to hail a cab.

Oh, the Haile's and Hailemariam's that I mentioned in that post are both guys lol. Haile ("Power") seems to be a masculine name. Though the singer Bethlehem Teklemariam that I posted is definitely a woman. Definitely.

edit on 24-3-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

(post by ChelseaHubble removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

The Black Presence in the Bible: Discovering the Black and African Identity of Biblical Persons and Nations, Volume 1

Walter Arthur McCray

books.google.com...
There are 2 books in this series. Several years ago when I read them, I was amazed. Most evidence seems to be Circumstantial, but extremely interesting. I took my Bible and checked every reference, and there are a lot of them. As a White, I learned much more than I expected. Are Blacks in the Bible? The Bible is full of them. I would suggest that anybody interested in the subject try to find both books.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Maybe skin color wasn't any more important than sand color or leaf color.
Humans come in lots of colors. Why is this an issue?
If you believe in God you must believe that he made them that way and didn't intend for it to be any kind of qualifier.

Interesting in that dust to dust thing. Humans are the colors of the soil of earth. Sand or loam and every dirt color in between.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join