It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Any Black People Mentioned In The Bible?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't think skin color is specified. But realistically most of the book takes place in Egypt and the Middle East so it's quite likely that most of the characters were black. Also, The Vatican covered up the true race of Jesus by painting his likeness into the popular image of Christ. Also, despite The Book of Enoch not being included in The Bible, It says That Enoch was an Ethiopian.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: djz3ro

Meanwhile, Jesus was a preacher and we aren't even sure he could read or write, so there aren't any works left behind from him. I mean I know that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John existed. Or at least people we are attributing those names existed. Because those four wrote the Gospels. But that doesn't mean that Jesus himself existed.

I've always wondered about MAtthew, Mark, Luke and John, such fine English names for people who were from the Middle East...

Lol. Good point.

Actually these are names from the so-called mid east, you would think that it's English but etymologically it came from elsewhere. if you want to know what an early non Christian English name sounds like best bet is to look-up Viking ,Celt or Pictish names.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
off the top of my head there was the Ethiopian traveler that was a eunuch. The Ethiopian was returning from Jerusalem (the man was not a Jew but may have converted) either way, on his journey back he was studying a prophesy in Isaiah, about imperfect people being accepted in and whole again in heaven. This appealed to the eunuch obviously, anyhow, Philip had a vision to go and find this man, they discussed Christ and that was that - there may have been some celebration? it's been a while since I studied it. To add, I think the castration was a slavery issue, the eunuch may have been allowed to travel by his maters to go and worship or he had since been freed and what not, not sure if it's written or not. either way, there's you're negroid race in the Bible.

I didn't read all the posts, so forgive me, Jesus was not a Caucasoid, he was most likely a mongoloid race seeing as how he is from the line of David. I'm not really educated on the race mixtures, I know an Anthroplogist could define the races and mixtures, Christ might have been a Caucasoid-mongoloid or a negroid-mongoloid, i'm not sure, and don't think it would matter much. but I do agree that all the blue eyed white skinned Jesus pictures are a little, well, off.

Also, when the Bible mentions far reaches of the earth, they often are referring to Africa below Egypt.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
an after thought, some people (not me) think that the mark that God put on Cain after killing his brother was being "black", I don't buy into that one bit and I think some folks do it to demonize black people. The mark however was something that everyone would see and know him for his sins. Not sure why I added this, just a false-factoid.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The actual color of people was not important back then, and it would be safe to say the majority of those throughout the whole area were basically different shades of black, so not sure why the norm would need to be stated....

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Ok seriously??, why am I showing you this??, these are tectonic plates,the African one reach right up to Anatolia , this make the Levant an extension of Africa, and Egypt as a nation while having political dominion over the area at points in it's history was never a Levintine nation.
As the ancient Egyptians themselves said Egypt is where ever the Nile touches, guess what??.. there ain't no Nile in adjacent Asia.

I'll admit, geography has never been a strong point of mine. When someone mentioned Egypt was in Africa I likened that (in my head) to someone saying Scotland is in England, until I realised they meant the continent, my source was Wikipedia and the exact wording there is

Egypt, is a transcontinental country spanning the northeast corner of Africa and southwest corner of Asia by a land bridge formed by the Sinai Peninsula.
I should know better than to trust Wikipedia...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: strangechristian777

Jesus is mentioned.

Well the pale horse is called death. White people are pale.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: Raggedyman

I just want someone to really prove Jesus existed. There is no evidence that I've read that has ever proven to me without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus ever walked this earth as a person and not a myth.

I am sorry you dont understand history
Jesus is the most well documented Man in history, more than any other, ever
Disbelieve everything ever written, disbelieve every account, every word, every story and you are still left with His teachings
You can disbelieve His teachings but you cant deny they were His teachings, even today they are radical.

It's a book written by many many different people and translated across several different languages several times. It's not one person's teachings - it's many people writing laws in a time where controlling the masses was much harder.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

And should you learn Hebrew or Greek you can still read some of the early copies written before it was canonised
It seems like you are trying to say it has changed or been changed, that's just false

You say it's about laws, it's not about laws, the Old Testament is about laws.
Controlling people, the bible teaches self control and sacrifice, you make it sound like it dictates to the world, it only teaches to those who choose to believe it.
It doesn't tell non christians what to do

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allknowing1

I am a member of several so called "secret societies." I've learned much over the years as I have been involved in them for over 20 years. I am a black man and I am no racist. I will tell you the truth. Unequivocally there are black people in the Bible. However, there is a twist. The Bible is predominantly about white people. The Bible is the document that tells the beginning of the white race. This is why it is beloved by white racist organizations. This may come as a shock to many loyal black Christians.

All knowing? seems to be contradictory
The bible is a Hebrew book about Israel, the Jews. Jews are not Caucasians, white. They are Arabic. Back when the bible, Old Testament and new was written, Jewish people did not travel much and certainly not over the water.
How you can even imagine them as white people staggers me

The Romans were the Caucasians and they oppressed the Jews

The bible is about Hebrews coming from Iraq and Iran, not Europeans
In all reality it's not even about Hebrews and Arabs, it's about people who loved, served and failed God
Skin colours not mentioned because it's irrelevant to the message

You say you are not racist but skin colour is important to you, strange

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Why didn't Jesus fly around and use his magical powers to visit with more people? Seems kinda selfish of the son of god to just stay in one little area when he could have been bringing enlightenment to the whole world?

How do you explain the lost tribe of Jews in North America?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: djz3ro

Meanwhile, Jesus was a preacher and we aren't even sure he could read or write, so there aren't any works left behind from him. I mean I know that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John existed. Or at least people we are attributing those names existed. Because those four wrote the Gospels. But that doesn't mean that Jesus himself existed.

I've always wondered about MAtthew, Mark, Luke and John, such fine English names for people who were from the Middle East...

Lol. Good point.

Actually these are names from the so-called mid east, you would think that it's English but etymologically it came from elsewhere. if you want to know what an early non Christian English name sounds like best bet is to look-up Viking ,Celt or Pictish names.

Yep. I think people are forgetting that the books of the Old and New Testament were written before the "English" language even came about. So if anything, those names & their derivatives were co-opted and later added into the English language, not the other way around.

For example, the name was "Daud/Dawood" not "David". Biblical names like Michael, Daniel, and Gabriel that end in "-el" were Semitic titles related to God (aka "El", "Elah", and "Elohim"). And the Virgin Mary's name wasn't "Mary" at all. It was Mariam/Maryam in Aramaic (the Semitic language spoken throughout the region at the time). It was "Miriam" in Hebrew and was adopted as "Maria" in Latin based languages. "Marie" and "Mary" come from that.

Names with "Mariam" in them are still common in Ethiopia to this day. Their current Prime Minister's name is Hailemariam Desalegn, with "Haile" translating into something like "Power" and "Hailemariam" translating into "Mariam's Power/Power of Mariam". Mengistu Haile Mariam is the name of the former leader of their communist regime that deposed Haile Sellasie. And the name of the Ethiopian singer that got me interested in their music in the first place is named "Bethlehem Teklemariam", with "Tekle" meaning "flower" & Teklemariam meaning "Mariam's Flower/Flower of Mariam" (note: there are a lot of Teklemariams in the music biz there, as a quick youtube search will show). Surely they don't think Ethiopians took those names from English too?

ETA: One reason I recommend the Pickthall translation of the Qur'an to native English speakers is because it uses the English versions of the names instead of the Arabic versions of the names. I think this helps people here relate to the stories and situations better. I'm saying this because in the Qur'an, the Prophet John's name is Yahya & the Prophet Jesus's name is Issa/Isa/Essa. Essa is also the name of the High Priest of one of the original groups of "Essenes", whom I believe were the Prophet Jesus/Essa's original followers (note: they didn't call themselves Essenes; that was how the other Jews referred to them).

In short, I think people are looking in the wrong direction on this. It's like going to Mongolia and looking for info on "Genghis Khan" or going to Central Asia to find info on "Tamerlane". There was a man named Temujin who received the title of "Chinggis Khagan", and there was a man named Timur who was mocked by his enemies as "Timur-i-link" (Timur the Lame). But the westernized names would have no meaning over there, specifically in their historical documents or monuments.
edit on 23-3-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Excellent break down and great musical interlude..

edit on 23-3-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Well the pale horse is called death. White people are pale.

Well White ppl are pale but they are not horses, and if the world collapsed into a nuclear hell it's all our fault, I am talking about collective humanity here.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Jesus is mentioned.

Damnit you beat me to it, but you did not post this at least:

(I think I answered the Op's question as well.)

Long story short: Catholics Hijacked Christianity. If you wanna know the real Jesus read the King james Bible, you know.. the one pope Francis wants to put an end on.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yes.

The Book of Alligators Chapter 6 Verse 66

Thou shalt not feed white girls to alligators

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Why didn't Jesus fly around and use his magical powers to visit with more people? Seems kinda selfish of the son of god to just stay in one little area when he could have been bringing enlightenment to the whole world?

How do you explain the lost tribe of Jews in North America?

Lost tribe of Jews in North America, really, is that a Mormon thing
Jesus was 100% human, also He relies on other humans, we are that special.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777
I know a lot of the Bible takes place in Egypt, but I never really thought about how much of it takes place in Africa and probably involved black people.

click here to read the article

Have any of you done any research about the races of people in the Bible? What do you think about how much time the Hebrews spent in Africa?

I belive the Queen of Ethiopia who came to visit King Solomon fits the description. There was an Ethiopian Eunich who met Phillip in the book of acts, some say Simon of Cyrene who the Romans forced to carry Jesus cross was from north africa. Early church writers me tion his as african

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The bible is a Hebrew book about Israel, the Jews. Jews are not Caucasians, white. They are Arabic. Back when the bible, Old Testament and new was written, Jewish people did not travel much and certainly not over the water.

In all reality it's not even about Hebrews and Arabs, it's about people who loved, served and failed God

Please don't disparage me. I am telling the truth. Much of history has been distorted. Adam in the Bible was not the first man on earth. He was the first white man on earth. Use that as your starting point.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Allknowing1 because: I'm new and I'm learning.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Please don't disparage me. I am telling the truth. Much of history has been distorted. Adam in the Bible was not the first man on earth. He was the first white man on earth. Use that as your starting point.

Don't disparage you, seriously, disparage you
Adam was probably Chinese or Asian, where do you get caucasian from, maybe black, maybe
I am a creationist, I believe that God created mankind in the ME, I don't think God would have put whiteys there to burn in the sun, sorry

Scientists say the birthplace of civilization was the Fertile Crescent in the Middle East

Seriously, where do you get Caucasian from
You just make stuff up and expect others to believe it, do you seriously believe that
I have seen no evidence anywhere of Adams colour, so I assume, definitely NOT white

I am sorry if it's disparaging

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join