It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Bible Contain A Warning About Alien Contact?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
What makes you think we're not slaves already?

Right. More like a sort of crop. Something to be harvested.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sansanoy

Thanks and I do appreciate your measured and informed response but this is where my interpretation differs from yours. I cannot believe in a God who has created everything...the whole Universe...and then chose the Earth as a special place for life. It does not make sense to me.

Another race from off-planet arriving here, possibly terraforming the planet and then creating subservient beings for whatever reason, I can cope with that. They may have even used the existing stock of the planet and modified to suit their purposes. For what it is worth, I believe that humankind will itself have that capability in the distant future and may do the exact same thing on some other planet.

That I find more believable than an all-seeing, omnipotent being lording it over all creation.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
a reply to: Sansanoy

Thanks and I do appreciate your measured and informed response but this is where my interpretation differs from yours. I cannot believe in a God who has created everything...the whole Universe...and then chose the Earth as a special place for life. It does not make sense to me.

Another race from off-planet arriving here, possibly terraforming the planet and then creating subservient beings for whatever reason, I can cope with that. They may have even used the existing stock of the planet and modified to suit their purposes. For what it is worth, I believe that humankind will itself have that capability in the distant future and may do the exact same thing on some other planet.

That I find more believable than an all-seeing, omnipotent being lording it over all creation.

What's the difference?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Thanks for your reply. I hope that I can change your mind about our origins or at least provide a better case of it.

Genesis 1 isn't a creation account, but an account of the preparation of earth. In that sense it is like what you already believe. Although we find later that God did create it all, Genesis describes the intimate preparation of all that exist in this universe for man. In Genesis we find that even the entire universe was arranged for man. In that sense it is incredible that so much could be done for us lousy humans. I know we are instinctively embarrassed by our lowly nature, but why would we not expect a father to love their children passionately.

Earth does seem to occupy a unique condition in the universe. We find ourselves to be in or near the center of the universe. The galaxies in our skies are arranged in bands of concentric circles spreading out uniformly from earth. In Genesis 1:14 and further described in Job 26:10(interlinear here) God sets up the plane of the ecliptic, this plane is what forms the zodiacal band. This line of the ecliptic traces an exact line through the cosmic microwave background information, the remnant of light left over after the big bang. Earth stands out like an out of place artifact in the universe.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If aliens arrived on Earth and they were like the Nordic alien descriptions physically beautiful humans would this send up red flags? One would wonder if their world involved genocide or eugenics and would they have disdain or contempt for us and lack compassion for us imperfect humans? Isn't there something like this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join