It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Bible Contain A Warning About Alien Contact?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I was just reading this article and it talks about the possibility that the Bible has a warning about alien contact.

click here to read the full article

If the article has any merit, should mankind listen to the warning or ignore it and dive head first into whatever may be coming?

I personally think we should believe what all the cultures wrote about them in the past. Some made slaves of humans so how do we know which ones we'd be dealing with if something arrived?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What makes you think we're not slaves already?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Just a bit of advice.. if you summerize the article you will probably get more attention.
Some people (myself included) do not click on random links without any prior knowledge as to what it contains..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

Could you do a brief summary of the warning please?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Much hunch is: aliens is demons.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Could you not just copy and paste the relevant quote from the Bible here instead of giving more traffic to a dodgy Christian website? After having read said dodgy Christian page, there is actually no quotes where the bible mentions UFO's or even close. Sorry man...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
God by definition is alien.

loose the N and you get A Lie.

edit on 21-3-2017 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Could you not just copy and paste the relevant quote from the Bible here instead of giving more traffic to a dodgy Christian website? After having read said dodgy Christian page, there is actually no quotes where the bible mentions UFO's or even close. Sorry man...

Well he cant because the article is just a random collection of meaningless words that is selling the authors book on Amazon in the first paragraph.

It's just advertisment.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

LOL how many threads you started now?

2-3 sentences and the same website/source....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Much hunch is: aliens is demons.

Phage, is your auto-reply function malfunctioning?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

LOL how many threads you started now?

2-3 sentences and the same website/source....

I stupidly clicked on his link, having had no previous experience of him/her before now.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sorry OP I'm not reading all your link had a look and it's crap. as mentioned a summary would be good.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes it does.

It says make sure never to wear white after labour day, and when the presence of God, wether it captain or the space ship, be sure to grovel in fear and show by having the villagers asses up in the air, head down.

And no anal play till the age of 18.
Or lest the village be a crater.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
OP.

There are verses in the Bible that sparked discussion of other worlds in the second temple era like Meroz in Judges 5. There are also more explicit verses like Daniel 2:43 - And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men; but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

There is also an extra-biblical book, the book of Enoch, which very explicitly describes both contact in the antediluvian world as well as a proclamation of it's return in the end times. Although it not found in most Bibles it is quoted in Jude, and was mainstream in the belief of the second temple era which accompanied the writings of the Epistles. It is clear that some of the writers of the epistles believed the book to be scripture.

I would suggest that you investigate it thoroughly but do not get "hung up" on it and rest on it as an end times expectation. I would always keep your expectation fluid when it comes to the end times, be prepared for everything. Chuck Missler has a very good intro that will help you understand how the Bible correlates with UFO phenomenon. It's 2 hours but honestly that should be expected to make a solid correlation on such a difficult topic.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Sansanoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was just reading this article and it talks about the possibility that the Bible has a warning about alien contact.

That's nice.

If the article has any merit, should mankind listen to the warning or ignore it and dive head first into whatever may be coming?

warnings?

How about quoting the bible passages that possibly talk of alien contact so readers can further discuss.

I personally think we should believe what all the cultures wrote about them in the past. Some made slaves of humans so how do we know which ones we'd be dealing with if something arrived?

What all the cultures wrote about them?

Who is them?

Aliens?

again......

how about quoting passages from the bible and any other ancient text you think warns of aliens contact.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The Amazon rainforest is the cradle of civilization and terrestrial life itself. It's the beating heart of life on this planet. The Garden of Eden was an area in the rainforest. The serpent was and still is in the heart of the Amazon rainforest. The description of him as a snake is not merely a metaphor. A giant, exotic snake hidden deep within the jungle that feeds as any other creature, only it does not age and die and can heal itself from any wound. A powerful alien being who fell to the earth and considers this planet his own. His power grows every day and will continue to do so until the second coming. His prey is both physical and spiritual. While confined physically to the rainforest, his telepathic ability and reach are substantial, and his spiritual prey are the humans of the planet. He is also known to use his telepathic ability to draw human targets to the forest itself. He has the ability to see behind the veil of our perceived physical reality, and work within the matrix of the spiritual realm. The Amazon rainforest is home to tens of thousands of species of plants and hundreds of species of mammals. But as any genuine shaman in the area knows, the spiritual presence of the forest is every bit as rife. There is a monster of the forest with a legion of followers, one that has recently been growing in power, and will soon make its move to overcome humanity through a diabolic spiritual manipulation of mankind.

Many persons in an altered state of consciousness in other parts of the world have had a vision of the serpent in a jungle. For example, during meditation, after ingestion of certain substances, or perhaps a private revelation following some trauma that reveals the hidden evil that was involved.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Kohll because: .

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Religious are satanists, so...

God is in the spirit realm and they fear ghosts, love the flesh. Who are they worshipping? Not the God of the spirit realm if thats there enemies home.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sansanoy

Outstanding rebuttal S !!!
Its been there for thousands of years for everyone to read, yet no one does.

Buck

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
a reply to: Sansanoy

Outstanding rebuttal S !!!
Its been there for thousands of years for everyone to read, yet no one does.

Buck

I started off with a bible left at our home by a Jehovah's Witness group. This led me to delve further and I purchased copies of The Book of Jubilees, The book of Jasher, The Torah, Enoch and The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible. I have to admit that they are not easy to read and wildly open to interpretation.

My biggest issue with the OT is the two creations of man. Why is it swept under the carpet and taught as only one creation when there is clearly two? Also, in the Dead Sea Scrolls, after the first creation event, Humankind is told to "replenish the Earth".

Really?
Replenish as in fill-up again??

The second creation event by the war god Yahweh [or whatever name you prefer] is, in my opinion, done as a means of creating the Adam, in order to perfect a race of slaves to massage the over inflated ego of this particular god.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Hi fromtheskydown.

Genesis really can't be understood at a detailed level by relying on a single translation. It really needs to be looked at with an interlinear. For example the "replenish" you mention in Genesis 1:28 is the Hebrew word ū·mil·’ū and means to make full or fill and has no connotation of making a second attempt at something. It is the same Hebrew word often translated as fill from Genesis 1:22 regarding the sea creatures filling the sea. You will find Replenish in the KJV because that word meant fill during that time period whereas today it means to fill again.

The chapters and verses found in your Bible are a modern addition. The original text did not have chapter or verse, or vowels for that matter. These were added into the text. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2+ are two separate texts that are placed together in one book. The first book describes a general creation from Gods perspective, the second account describes a specific part of that event from Adams perspective.

There is no indication in the text that Adam was a slave in the Garden. It says that God planted the Garden, put Adam in it once it was completed. and gave him every fruit save 2 for food. He was only to dress it and keep what God had given him. Adam did not have to work for food, his work was like that of a gardener, one of beautification not sustenance like a farmer. It was only after he was expelled when he farmed for his food in sweat and labor. He is not treated as a slave either because he is given the authority to name God's creations. God shows concern for his mental well being by giving him a woman so that he is not alone. He is given clothes when he is found naked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join