It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To where it will lead us.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I suppose you think the 1947 Roswell crash was a weather balloon as well. Just who is the joke really on?
What does that have to do with Roswell? It was definitely not a weather balloon.

Apparently some people think it was the remains of an interstellar spacecraft made of little sticks and foil and held together by scotch tape, which is about as funny as Ben Rich's humorous statement. We don't even have the technology to get to Mars yet as explained in the following video, much less take ET home (though someday it might be possible):

NASA`s Mars Mission and WHY we can NOT go to MARS

edit on 2017322 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I don't think we'll live long enough to see these 2099 predictions come true.

Unless we start using renewable energy, Earth's natural resources will be over by 2070 or less.

Brace ourselves and get ready to DOOOOOOOOMSDAY.

I'm ready

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ghost147 and AnkhMorpork are having an interesting conversation. I am sad if it has ended already. Very smart stuff on both sides.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
Ghost147 and AnkhMorpork are having an interesting conversation. I am sad if it has ended already. Very smart stuff on both sides.

Haha thanks. I do still have a few things to comment on. Just at work now, and may have a long day today
edit on 22/3/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Haha thanks. I do still have a few things to comment on. Just at work now, and may have a long day today

No wonder you can't wait for things to become automated!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

For someone who has been on this website as long as you I am surprised I have to spell it out.

In 1947 a UFO crashed. At first the story got out then the military covered it up. So now the military has a UFO and starts working to reverse engineer it. Lockheed is one of a few organisations that also works for the military engineering stuff. As for just how much access and cover up was going on behind the scenes is hard to say as this technology is generally classified top secret due to its military advantage. If anyone is going to have access to this technology, then the CEO of a company like Lockheed is a likely recipient. To think that someone like this is going to make jokes about it is like the head of the reserve bank making jokes about interest rates.

The Roswell UFO crash is the most public, there are reports of other UFO crashes around the globe that have also been picked up by the US military. Just because the public does not have access to this technology does not mean that it does not exist or is currently being used on this planet. The more recent UFO reports of the black triangles do appear to be man made technology.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
To think that someone like this is going to make jokes about it is like the head of the reserve bank making jokes about interest rates.
Did you even read the link I posted? The audience laughed because they knew he was joking, except for maybe a couple of people who think like you that a CEO would never tell a joke. I know some CEOs and believe me they do tell jokes.

There's not much to reverse engineer from balsa wood sticks, foil and tape and some pieces of neoprene which is all that was found, but you are correct that it wasn't a simple weather balloon:

Chapter 8: Not a Simple Weather Balloon

Despite the efforts of authors to make it appear that the debris had to have originated from an alien spaceship, most of the descriptions are of mundane materials such as wood, tin foil, and tape. It all sounds very ordinary and only years later does the material take on fantastic properties. Jesse Marcel Jr. recalls that his mother felt the debris was so ordinary that she simply swept the debris out the back door once her husband had left!
So despite some liars and hoaxers making claims to the contrary, there were no technology advances as a result of what crashed in 1947. I think by now even people like me who used to think the government was hiding something realized that when they admitted what it was and stopped hiding the truth, and their explanation really does fit the evidence from the descriptions of all the key witnesses after accounting for a bit of "confabulation".

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Thank you. I think that right now, in this 10-20 year window when we are on the cusp of the technological singularity due to strong AI and the possibility of AI via Quantum Computing (mind bending in it's implications), we and all scientists involved, ought to STOP and think twice before promulgating the ideas of Kurzweil and Musk.

Just because maybe we CAN do something, doesn't mean we SHOULD do it or allow it to happen.

Musk points out that the amount of bits we process by say typing on a qwerty keyboard, is just absurdly slow compared to the looming processing power available and that, therefore, we should be plugging our brains and nervous system into computer tech ASAP, but we're human beings, we're not computers. Even if I had access to such processing power, I don't think that fast nor would I want to try.

Like I said, it's all born of a fixation about getting so wired in that it might be possible, within Kurzweil's lifetime, to upload himself into an AI environment and to cheat death, but as I've pointed out, it could obliterate everything that makes us human and that makes human life worthwhile.

What's interesting about the scenario I offered last page, is that for an AI that's "born" as a ghost in the machine, the kind of immortality I'm talking about (lifetime of the universe) may very well be it's destiny.

Hawking and others have warned about it, and Hawking's an atheist.

AI is fine, but if we approach the point of a strong AI, I really think that before we fire up the "Oracle", we should really stop and think it all the way through, but that's the thing about humanity - what we can do, we do, and instead of stopping before it becomes self aware, they would be thinking about how to scale it up and up, and for the cubits, might even consider the exploitation of space as a near absolute zero degree medium, so up it would go into orbit, and the ability to contextualize every piece of information known to man and them some..

In 10 years, the pseudo-intelligent agent who will say hello to you on your smartphone (with customizable voice and other features like man or woman with different appearances), that "person" will eventually become self aware i'm pretty sure.

Passing the Turing Test however, will not signify self awareness.

But it's bound to come and when it does it will come FAST (strong AI).

It's concerning, disconcerting and potentially the end.

God I hope we're not near the end of history, whereby mankind threatens to unleash something upon the universe that you just can't call back.

Maybe this machine really is "the beast", when it speaks as if from the mind of God, but so far above us, as to make of us like an ant by comparison.

So they're saying, if you can't beat it, join it - basically, is what they're saying, rather than to be like an ameba relative to the new Godhead, who's capable of solving every problem known to man, in the hands of the NSA and Google.

I hope we are under quarantine to keep this thing in check without having to destroy us.

Hey here's an idea..

Maybe the technological singularity and first contact are intertwined.

It must make the "natives" nervous though the thought of it.

God has included mankind so far and promised not to destroy the world.

So I predict, that as we approach the technological singularity (strong AI) that contact will take place so as to help mitigate the effects, while at the same time, introducing humanity to a longggg series of worlds, most already inhabited.

The heavens, by divine proportion will come to us, so that we don't leave in a self-replicating Borg Cube instead (wrong choice).

It has it's own rationale and logic and inevitability I think, if even a small fraction of UFO reports are alien spacecraft capable of FTL.

So we're at the end of history, because of a computer.

That sucks.

I sure hope this all comes out ok this century and into the next, that's my sincere hope and prayer.

God help us.

edit on 22-3-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
to assume that a superintelligent AI quantum computing environment would be superior to real reality, could be a false assumption since at the most fundamental level, it's artificial, or unreal.

I don't see how a Super-intelligent AI system would have anything to do with reality? Could you elaborate on why you believe I believe such a system escapes reality?

You want to dive into an artificially designed quantum computing God world and live in that world for 100 trillion years, um, honestly, I'll take my chances with death and hope for life meeting life in eternity by the promise of Jesus, who alone was in a position to make it and extend it, as the true invitation of all ages to, in him, with him in us, even now have a taste of the eternal, but on God's terms as our creator and not on our own terms in a heaven of our own making.

Out of curiosity, Have you ever taken any medication, had a vaccination, had an organ transplant, or anything like that? No, they aren't uploading your consciousness, but we are already living in an age where we surpassed the average normal human lifespan by 2, sometimes 3 fold. This is all due to scientific progression. Progression of which you've perhaps intentionally, or unintentionally have been a participant in.

With Quantum Computers we have the means to curing all known illnesses and in-turn allowing human life spans to increase dramatically. Even if you didn't go through the whole 'consciousness-upload', wouldn't having any sort of modern medical attention be the same as foregoing your long awaited time with your god?

Just for the love of God, if and when I meet you at the end, don't tell me to kill you (can't take it any more), instead of having us all resurrect into the next 'round where the colors are more vivid. Deal?

I assure you we will not be meeting 'at the end'.

....The horror story begins say after 1000 years of this timeless, spaceless simulated reality, and everyone suddenly says, at the same time - "What to we do? What do we do?!" while also realizing full well that there's still 200 trillion years to go as pandemonium breaks out, oh the terror.

Once again, you're viewing this through a mind of a common human brain. To view, experience, think about, learn about, do, and contemplate everything a human can do over the span of 1000 years a quantum computer can do in fractions of a second.

Your trying to key in on boredom, which - as has been stated before - does not exist outside of biology. It is a trigger for our brains to become more active, a computer does not get bored.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I think that right now, in this 10-20 year window when we are on the cusp of the technological singularity due to strong AI and the possibility of AI via Quantum Computing (mind bending in it's implications), we and all scientists involved, ought to STOP and think twice before promulgating the ideas of Kurzweil and Musk.

I think you've misinterpreted the situation. Kurzweil is a technological futurist, Musk is an innovator, both are inventors, but neither are at the forefront of quantum computing. Musk and Kurzweil (primarily Kurzweil) are simply explaining what is coming due to the obvious exponential growth of technology. They aren't tinkering away trying to make this all happen sooner. They are simply explaining how it's likely going to be.

Hawking and others have warned about it, and Hawking's an atheist.

Why does his atheism hold value to his view?

God I hope we're not near the end of history, whereby mankind threatens to unleash something upon the universe that you just can't call back.

But we are near the end of history. Regardless if self aware AI becomes a thing or not. We have a lot of issues at hand such as overpopulation, climate change, nuclear war, a lack of food, a lack of resources, a lack of water, all things that could become so profoundly catastrophic if we don't change out path within our lifetimes that one of the only solutions that could save us is Quantum Computers.

Humans think too slowly, too linearly, too emotionally, and we function and act far too late. In order to save humanity we will need something that doesn't act human.

Hey here's an idea..

Maybe the technological singularity and first contact are intertwined.

It must make the "natives" nervous though the thought of it.

You're referring to Aliens? Theoretically, Alien life that's capable of being nervous about our technological progress would already have this technology themselves.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Very good thread thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sounds like everyone may end up living in an endless "digital daydream".

Not so different from the way things are now really, excepting one won't have to suffer the pain of death.

...Maybe...

I think technology will be used to be rid of a lot of people before it is used for the common good.

That always seems to be the way it goes...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Skynet.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You make some good points.

I think that it can both save us and destroy us, but that something's needed in the area of decision making that isn't controlled by the CIA and the NSA, I agree.

Strange times, this just before the end of history period.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Ouch!

I was referring to Tipler's Omega Point Hypothesis of the end state of the universe wherein all information is retained and nothing lost, and since we're both a part of it now, I figured that at some level, the information will come together or "meet" in the end. I was willing to have you, or to host, meet, greet, handshake whatever you want to call it, at the omega point and the point of resurrection of all things at the end of time.

I get, and already understood, frankly, that you don't have any interest in such a shared .. koinonia, and it's saddening in a way, that lack of friendship or the act of friendship in a spirit of mutuality to be so rudely rebuked. Noted.

edit on 22-3-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I had a look at your link. I am way past the days I am going to believe every story I hear, the disinformation is ripe these days. I respect your self determination to believe what you want.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Ouch!

I get, and already understood, frankly, that you don't have any interest in such a shared .. koinonia, and it's saddening in a way, that lack of friendship or the act of friendship in a spirit of mutuality to be so rudely rebuked. Noted.

You're mistaking my response as something personal, which was not intended. I was referring to the lack of existence of a god for the reason we will not meet at the end of time

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ouch!

You're mistaking my response as something personal, which was not intended. I was referring to the lack of existence of a god for the reason we will not meet at the end of time

If you consider the big crunch a possibility, or alternate universes, then you cannot deny the possibilty of meeting your opponent here in the end.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ouch!

If you consider the big crunch a possibility, or alternate universes, then you cannot deny the possibilty of meeting your opponent here in the end.

I do consider it a possibility. If by matter alone that they were referencing, then sure, our matter would eventually be closer than it is now. If they were referring to conciousness, then I would say that would be an impossibility if they chose death instead

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Ouch!

I do consider it a possibility. If by matter alone that they were referencing, then sure, our matter would eventually be closer than it is now. If they were referring to conciousness, then I would say that would be an impossibility if they chose death instead

I guess science will need to figure out what consciousness is lest we are like you and ascribe it to deity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join