It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Frank Center Blasts Tim Allen for ‘Deeply Offensive’ Nazi Germany Comment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

the nazis started out just like this. so apparently this guy didn't follow history that closely .

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The truth always hurts.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The Anne Frank Center has been extremely active, injecting themselves in all kinds of issues lately.

I am going to look into it a bit further, they are operating much like the ADL or SPLC.

Wretched vile madmen run those groups. Filled with hate.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Looks like the Tim Allen let the cat out of the bag about Hollywood. He basically said that if you say the wrong thing you can get beat up, it's like 1930 Germany.

The “Last Man Standing actor said on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Friday: “You gotta be real careful around here, you know. You’ll get beat up if you don’t believe what everybody believes. It’s like ’30s Germany.”
www.thewrap.com...

Ann Frank Center for Mutual Respect (what kinda name?) demanded an apology for the comment. They are outraged, at the comparison. This must be a big secret to the Center for respect, but to no one else. Hollywood is liberal.

The Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect demanded an apology from actor Tim Allen after he compared life for Hollywood conservatives to living in “’30s Germany.”
“Tim, have you lost your mind?” said Steven Goldstein, executive director of the Anne Frank Center. “No one in Hollywood today is subjecting you or anyone else to what the Nazis imposed on Jews in the 1930s – the world’s most evil program of dehumanization, imprisonment and mass brutality, implemented by an entire national government, as the prelude for the genocide of nearly an entire people.”

A couple of observations here: Tim Allen doesn't specifically claim that Hollywood conservatives are experiencing what Jews did in Germany during the war - He's merely comparing the "veto" on anything besides liberal thinking with what it would be like to be critical of the Nazi party in Germany. Secondly, the offical numbers show that the Jewish population of Europe was reduced from 9.5 million to 3.5 million, with 6 million killed during the war. The 63% reduction is significant, but it's not "nearly an entire people".

Every time (Nazi) Germany or Hitler is mentioned by anyone, it is used as an opportunity to keep repeating the message that WWII was about the Jews and nothing but the Jews. It was about a whole lot more. 10 million Chinese died during WWII - 3.9 of them directly as a result of Japan. 26 million citizens of the USSR died during WWII. At least 50 million people died during WWII.

But to be safe - don't compare a director to Hitler, or Steven "Can't let go of WWII" Spielberg will fire you - over THIS:

He's like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous madman reputation," she said of Bay. "He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is. So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward. He has no social skills at all. And it's endearing to watch him.

So when Tim Allen has the audacity to even mention "1930 Germany", and thereby seemingly implying that "Nazis only beat up people", #'s going to hit the fan.

Give it a rest, will you? WWII was 72 years ago. Seventy-two.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Changed "So to be safe" to "But to be safe".

edit on 22-3-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Correction: Tim Allen only mentioned "1930 Germany", not Nazi's directly.

edit on 22-3-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: intrptr

Anne Frank like the Holocaust, seeks to remind the world the Jews were the biggest victims of WWII. I mean not counting the other 50 million deaths, that is.

While it's fair to point out the holocaust also included Roma, homosexuals and communists among others, do you not think that deaths from the holocaust are especially egregious? We're talking about civilian men, women and children being systematically put into gas chambers with the express purpose of extinction.

Yes, many people died combatants and civilians alike but if I had my choice of an errant bomb strike or dying on the battlefield versus being thrown into a gas chamber with a bunch of scared and screaming families I think I know what I'd take.
edit on 22-3-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

The truth always hurts.

Given the fact that I refuted your claims, then you would know a great deal about that. I note that you have not addressed what I said. The diary was not 'lost', it's on display at the Anne Frank Museum at Amsterdam, her father did not add anything to it, he just removed some of the more intimate parts of it and also numbered the pages - and the full version has still been released. Your comments have been fully addressed.

(post by ozb1777 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Justso

The truth always hurts.

Given the fact that I refuted your claims, then you would know a great deal about that. I note that you have not addressed what I said. The diary was not 'lost', it's on display at the Anne Frank Museum at Amsterdam, her father did not add anything to it, he just removed some of the more intimate parts of it and also numbered the pages - and the full version has still been released. Your comments have been fully addressed.

I'm guessing it's because the reality of the holocaust and personal stories therein hurts the agenda of anti-semites.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

While it's fair to point out the holocaust also included Roma, homosexuals and communists among others, do you not think that deaths from the holocaust are especially egregious?

I think its fair to point out all of WWII was a Holocaust.
edit on 22-3-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Nobody can say anything anymore. Somebody could be offended. Better we become mutes for the betterment of humanity.

In all seriousness, so long as hollywood and politics are so intertwined we will continue to live in a make-believe land.

To know who controls you just find who you can't criticize. Can't criticize a Jew because then you're a Holocaust sympathizer. Pathetic

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Snowflakes are upset again.

This time, because a globally respected organization, named after one of the most famous victims of real oppression and tyranny, has called out one of their pals.

Cry me a river.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

the nazis started out just like this. so apparently this guy didn't follow history that closely .

If only it were that simple.

At the end of October 1918, Germany was in real danger of falling to a Bolshevik revolution of its own and capitulated to the allies.

For the next fifteen years, a liberal government tried hard to ride pressure from the far right and the far left. Streetfighting, mini coups etc etc, all against the backdrop of Versailles and, later, the Great Depression.

Hitler co-opted a fascist party and tapped into several things: the fear of great social disorder, a desire to make Germany great again and a long standing and deep rooted hatred of Jews.

Like all dictators, he had the support of the majority of the middle class so, as Pastor Niemoller reminds us, nobody was too bothered when bad things happened to someone else somewhere else.

Nevertheless, the Nazis had to justify what they were doing so they also let the middle classes feel they were the victims - of the hard left, of gays, of Jews, of free masons, of gypsies, of the disabled and mentally ill and so on. Only the Nazis could stand up to the constant threat they presented and make Germany great again.

So, you were right, there are parallels, but maybe not like you thought.

(post by Whodathunkdatcheese removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

(post by darkstar57 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So it's OK for the Left to Call President Trump a NAZI without Repercussions , but if a Rogue Hollywood Celebrity Compares The Movie Industry to NAZI's it is Somehow considered an Anti Semetic Hate Crime ? ......Hmm.....
edit on 22-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
according to Wikipedia, think the Tool man is talking politics German style in the 30s, not genocide in the 40s.

Tim Allen "The Tool Man" kinda looks Adolf Galland - one of Nazi's top ace pilots and a Luftwaffe general.

At one time, during WW2, Adolf Galland gave this suggestion to improve their fighter plane - "We need more power!!"

Tim Allen's etho of "improving" things in "Tool Time" is just the same: "What do we need??" audience replies: "More power!!"

edit on 22-3-2017 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

Megan Fox herself said it was her decision to leave the Transformers franchise.

people.com...

We only have Michael Bay's word that it was Spielberg who demanded she be fired for the Hitler comment. It was only a year or so ago that Spielberg denied he asked her to be fired and instead claims the demand was from Bay himself. I tried to find the article link, but failed.

It's all a bunch of he said, she said. We'll never see the truth of it, either way.
edit on 3/22/2017 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: intrptr

I'm pretty sure propaganda has been around long before Hitler.

To the rest of you, do you know who Anne Frank is?

Theres doubt as to the authenticity of the Frank diaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join