It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Frank Center Blasts Tim Allen for ‘Deeply Offensive’ Nazi Germany Comment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

heard something similar from a nice older gentleman I met while seeing Dachau, he was 30 years retired from the german military, and his father fought for germany in ww2.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I don't like your attitude, an frankly i'm not at all amused by your accusations.

I'm sorry, but I find that accusations that the diary of Anne Frank was made up to be deeply offensive and fundamentally ignorant. It is not something to take lightly.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

heard something similar from a nice older gentleman I met while seeing Dachau, he was 30 years retired from the german military, and his father fought for germany in ww2.

Sorry, could you to be more elaborate? as it stands I can't tell if you are sarcastic and mean someone I should instantly recognise or if you actually met someone who said that. Sorry, I'm quite bad at double guessing and need straight data [winds my husband up a lot].

My father also fought in WW2 and I heard the other side of all the propaganda. The side of normal people, soldiers, so called enemies, even the stories whilst my dad was a POW. The winner always writes history and my dad had a slightly different version. So did my mum and many other 'old' Germans I had the pleasure to be related to or met personally. I am the 'old' one now and have been through the brainwashing through the 70s and 80s at school...as you can see it didn't work with me.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Being serious, this older fellow was a very pleasant person to talk to and once he found out we were American military he insisted on showing us around and explaining the camp, and of course things drifted into politics.. and he was very critical of the political correct left wing in the United states.

He talked at length on how the Nazi's controlled the flow of information and squashed free thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Sorry, could you to be more elaborate? as it stands I can't tell if you are sarcastic and mean someone I should instantly recognise or if you actually met someone who said that. Sorry, I'm quite bad at double guessing and need straight data [winds my husband up a lot].

My father also fought in WW2 and I heard the other side of all the propaganda. The side of normal people, soldiers, so called enemies, even the stories whilst my dad was a POW. The winner always writes history and my dad had a slightly different version. So did my mum and many other 'old' Germans I had the pleasure to be related to or met personally. I am the 'old' one now and have been through the brainwashing through the 70s and 80s at school...as you can see it didn't work with me.

My grandfather was in 2nd Army, from Normandy to Luneburg Heath. His 'version' (if you insist on calling it that) came from what he saw at a little place called Bergen-Belsen. He was there at the liberation of the camp - and the terrible aftermath. No 'brainwashing' involved. Just tales of what he saw. And heard. And smelt.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

If my opinion offends you that much, then that's your problem not mine.

Like Hecate666 said, The Winners always rewrite History in their Image.

My opinion is on the Anne Frank Diary being actual fact, which it's not, and nothing else.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

If my opinion offends you that much, then that's your problem not mine.

Like Hecate666 said, The Winners always rewrite History in their Image.

My opinion is on the Anne Frank Diary being actual fact, which it's not, and nothing else.

Which is just your opinion. I notice, once again, that you offer no facts, no cites, just your opinion. The fact is that the Diary of Anne Frank is real. The only people who say otherwise are Holocaust deniers, like the IHR, Rense.com and Stormfront. There was a forensic investigation by both the Bundeskriminalamt and the Netherlands Institute for War Documentation (NIOD) in the 1980's. They found that the Diary was real and that the ballpoint page annotations (numbering the pages) had been added by her father post-war. See The Diary of Anne Frank: The Critical Edition, prepared by NIOD, published by Doubleday in New York, 1989, pp 160, 163-64.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Grow up. Every semi-offensive statement doesn't need to be condemned or need a PSA.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Expand a bit?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Anne Frank was a poor unfortunate Jewish girl who hid for years from Nazi atrocities. She (supposedly) kept a diary describing her teenage feelings and fears during the persecution of the Jews by Hitlerian rule.

Her father publish and popularized her diary and story.

Unfortunately, it was later discovered that he rewrote and lied about many aspects of her life and story.

The true diary has never been discovered and the truth of the story is now suspect.

Her name and daddy's fictional version has tainted what could have been truly special. (although the fictionalized doctored popularized story is still accepted by most).

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You are actually believing these so-called confirmations of the diary. There have been so many opinions but the only agreed-to part is that it was tampered with, not truthful account of her short life. And that is truly a great disappointment. A shame that her diary and life were used by the Jews for manipulations and pity-the true story is horrible enough.

(post by FlyingFox removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Far as I'm concerned Hollywood and all its worthless shallow entourage can slide into the Pacific.

I try not to watch anything that comes out of that cesspool, and lean towards independent foreign films.

edit on 21-3-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Don't get offended over something that was never said, and don't put words in my mouth.

...but keep reading, maybe you'll get lucky and find something you consider offensive to cry about.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Swills

Anne Frank was a poor unfortunate Jewish girl who hid for years from Nazi atrocities. She (supposedly) kept a diary describing her teenage feelings and fears during the persecution of the Jews by Hitlerian rule.

Her father publish and popularized her diary and story.

Unfortunately, it was later discovered that he rewrote and lied about many aspects of her life and story.

The true diary has never been discovered and the truth of the story is now suspect.

Her name and daddy's fictional version has tainted what could have been truly special. (although the fictionalized doctored popularized story is still accepted by most).

I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. The diary was found after the raid by the Germans, was kept by a friend of the family and was given to Otto Frank after the war. It's on display at the Anne Frank museum in Amsterdam. A simple Google search shows pictures of it.
The comments about Otto Frank re-writing parts of it are inaccurate. He removed some of her comments about her own body - she was going through puberty. He did not want to publish such intimate details. The full, unedited diary has been available for decades.
I have no idea what your comment about Otto Franks lies is referring to.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Don't get offended over something that was never said, and don't put words in my mouth.

...but keep reading, maybe you'll get lucky and find something you consider offensive to cry about.

You mentioned "professional Holocaust victims". What did you mean by that?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

I don't like your attitude, an frankly i'm not at all amused by your accusations.

self appointed censor

don't offend him, or you're anti-semitic

When people babble nonsense about the Holocaust I like to point out facts.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political/social debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
You are responsible for your own posts.
We don't like Hitler at ATS, not even a little bit....

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Tue Mar 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Where on Earth did I say that the holocaust never happened? Please quote me.
I said, rightly that my parents who were teens/twenties and my father who was in the Luftwaffe [Hannover] had a different view from the official 'all Germans were Nazis' and 'all German soldiers were assholes' etc.
As a matter of fact, my dad was a POW in two camps, one Russian and one American.
His best friend was a British guy [!] and life in the American camp was hell, compared to actually not being too bad in the Russian camp, where they had enough food and bedding and were treated much better.

My mum who was from Hannover but lived in the countryside during the war, was in the Hitler Jugend, which is always demonized as brainwashing etc. Guess what? They went hiking, fried sausages and never, ever heard of the atrocities Hitler ordered to be committed.
You may know Hannover but there are quite a few lovely things there, build by Hitler. Our Maschsee, a lake in the middle of the city, to swim, boat and relax, beautiful buildings and parks etc. So that the common people could enjoy their newly granted weekends. The majority of people would never hear about concentration camps.
It was a good time. The starvation was over, jobs appeared and it was going well for the common man. You can't blame people for not knowing what wasn't told.

Great that your Granddad worked near a camp and saved people, good for him. But then I never doubted the existence of those places. I have some doubts as to the amount of victims but I do not doubt for one second it happened.

I am talking about soldiers on the ground not shooting each other when in sight but making signs to just go the other way Friendliness and compassion by German soldiers and civil people towards Jewish people, by smuggling blankets and food in and, like your Granddad, helping them.

I know from countless discussions and stories on a Sunday morning breakfast that the normal people were tricked by a regime that pretended to be one thing but their actual plan was something else. How on Earth can you no understand what I am trying to say here?
Now, the same methods that the Nazis [evil B'stards] used are used by the LEFT. The exact same methods. Please see my list again.

Therefore I can say that the left are the new Nazis. What has that got to do with concentration camps???
Which, lets face it, the left would love to re-open for Trump supporters and perceived right wingers; without scruples and without seeing anything wrong. Just because the new Nazis aren't necessarily German and wear baggy trousers and woolen jumpers instead of the usual Nazi garb, doesn't make them any less dangerous. People are just too stupid to see when history is repeating itself, as long as it comes in a different guise.
The left are Nazis wearing a false mustache and a hat but they are Nazis in the sense that most uneducated people imagine them. How dumb people are.

edit on 21-3-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join