It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Frank Center Blasts Tim Allen for ‘Deeply Offensive’ Nazi Germany Comment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Looks like the Tim Allen let the cat out of the bag about Hollywood. He basically said that if you say the wrong thing you can get beat up, it's like 1930 Germany.

The “Last Man Standing actor said on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Friday: “You gotta be real careful around here, you know. You’ll get beat up if you don’t believe what everybody believes. It’s like ’30s Germany.”
www.thewrap.com...

Ann Frank Center for Mutual Respect (what kinda name?) demanded an apology for the comment. They are outraged, at the comparison. This must be a big secret to the Center for respect, but to no one else. Hollywood is liberal.

The Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect demanded an apology from actor Tim Allen after he compared life for Hollywood conservatives to living in “’30s Germany.”
“Tim, have you lost your mind?” said Steven Goldstein, executive director of the Anne Frank Center. “No one in Hollywood today is subjecting you or anyone else to what the Nazis imposed on Jews in the 1930s – the world’s most evil program of dehumanization, imprisonment and mass brutality, implemented by an entire national government, as the prelude for the genocide of nearly an entire people.”

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

With all the crazies calling old Trump a Nazi for the last few weeks, you would think they would have words about that?

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well it's the truth. Why is everyone offended by the smallest things? I'm sick and tired of this bs.

+35 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The irony being, the backlash of Tim Allen's comment illustrating exactly what he claimed.

But Trump is still a Nazi right?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i hope they dont hold their breath waiting for that apology

+37 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Tim was not talking about the nazi's treatment of jews. The Nazi's bashed back at anyone who wouldn't wouldn't agree with them in Germany, bullying was the norm. The Far left is acting just like those people in the thirties over there. If you didn't agree with the Nazi's ways, they heckled people to discredit them.

Sounds just about what that Ann Frank Center is trying to do to Tim now.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Well it's the truth. Why is everyone offended by the smallest things? I'm sick and tired of this bs.

Right!!!! When did everyone become so damn sensitive? I would tell them to kiss my ass. I wouldn't apologize for that either!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Careful Tim, remember who owns Hollywood.....

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Allen never said that they were Nazi's, he said it was like 1930's Germany.

I imagine he meant the violence, maybe the Anne Frank center for blaa blaa blaa should look out the window for just a moment to see what is really happening.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Did the center respond to the repeated accusations by the Turkish government that the Dutch are Nazis? So easy to pick on an actor, not so easy to pick on a world leader, particularly a Muslim one.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Blaming Hollywood for Nazi style Propaganda, thats a laugh. Except the Germans invented it and the west patterns after it to_a_T.

What do you think (back then) radio and now TV 'programming' are about? The Nazis invented variety shows for radio.

Joseph Goebbels speech about radio as the 'eighth great power'...

German archives

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect has developed contemporary advocacy techniques that incorporate historic lessons from Anne Frank’s life and the Holocaust. By applying those historic lessons to current issues, the organization works to make the Holocaust relevant to successive generations of Americans.

Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect

Were told to learn from history, but we don't. Im not saying that by speaking the way some people do it will lead to what happened in that time period, but speech is a part of how it started. So how do we learn when a organization like this comes out and demands an apology, when in their own mission statement it says to learn lessons and make the holocaust relevant to today.
If we truly wanted to learn the lessons of the past, I think this should be discussed by the organization, not demand an apology where there is no learning.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm pretty sure propaganda has been around long before Hitler.

To the rest of you, do you know who Anne Frank is?
edit on 20-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Anne Frank Center is an organization that cherry picks it's outrage. They can go fly a kite (screw'em).

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

was

To the rest of you, do you know who Anne Frank is?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

The irony being, the backlash of Tim Allen's comment illustrating exactly what he claimed.

But Trump is still a Nazi right?

Some if his supporters are.

He's not though.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Care to elaborate on that a bit?

Some if his supporters are.

He's not though.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Seems the Final solution wasnt implemented till

"This policy of deliberate and systematic genocide across German-occupied Europe was formulated in procedural terms by Nazi leadership in January 1942 at the Wannsee Conference near Berlin,[1] and culminated in the Holocaust which saw the killing of 90 percent of Polish Jewry,[2] and two-thirds of the Jewish population of Europe.[3]

according to Wikipedia, think the Tool man is talking politics German style in the 30s, not genocide in the 40s.

+3 more 
link   

Funny, where was their outrage when their Hollywood and liberal brethren compared Trump and his followers to Nazis?

link   

<<   2  3  4 >>

join