It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope Rushed to Hospital

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
update - Pope's condition stabilised.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
mwm
The concepts of good and evil are illusions used to confuse and control your conscious mind. There is no good, no evil. There are a million brightly coloured variations on the theme of survival. Our brains are designed to project phantasms, to make things relative, in the end to induce cerebral development. This isn't really a topic for a pope thread, but I'll finish quick. The bible is a puzzle, some have unlocked it and are playing others for fools. The prince among angels was to become the fallen lord of the morning star. How can that be? The answer is stylishly simple - duality.

Popes condition stabilized - I read: Replacement found, injected with mind numbing agent to induce aging and complicate speech, propped up in chair. The show will resume shortly.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The concepts of good and evil are illusions used to confuse and control your conscious mind.

Yes I am sure that argument will go over well when you are judged.
Evil is the absence of God.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

The concepts of good and evil are illusions used to confuse and control your conscious mind.

Yes I am sure that argument will go over well when you are judged.
Evil is the absence of God.

No Evil is the absense of morals and a solid judgement.
God doesn't even come into it.

A person that lives his/her life doing the best he/she can, helping wherever he/she can, being a loving father or mother that doesn't believe in a god or deity is also a good person. Why would not believing in a god or going to church make this person bad??

Anyways, troughout the years I've lost 5 or 6 older family members when they went to the hospital for ailments ranging from broken bones to having a wart removed and all of them died in the hospital when they caught a lung infection. For older people respitory infections are more deadly then getting run over by a car.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Then by your definition evil is impossible. God is in all things. Even the aging pope and the viper I mistook for your tongue.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

No Evil is the absense of morals and a solid judgement.

Morals are relative.
Judgement is relative.
Evil is Evil.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Update.

Pope appoints bishops.
From correspondents in Vatican City
February 02, 2005

POPE John Paul II named a number of new bishops from his hospital bed today, continuing to work hours after being admitted with breathing difficulties, the Vatican said.
The pope appointed two bishops in Brazil and a suffragan bishop in Croatia, and named several cardinals to a Vatican committee,including two tipped as possible successors to the 84-year-old head of the Roman Catholic Church.
(emphasis added)
Link

A spokesman added that he would remain in hospital "for another few days".

Joaquin Navarro-Valls said the Polish-born pontiff had never lost consciousness. He still had a slight fever on Wednesday morning but had nonetheless participated in a Mass from his hospital bed.

Link

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh
On the contrary, someone on the top of a universal mind control system,

How is a limited membership church a 'universal mind control system'? What thoughts exactly are they controlling? Members are free to think whatever they want, and only officials in it are prevented from performing certain rituals and advocating 'heretical' ideas. Not much of a 'mind control' system.

so universally feted, always greeted in the Popemobile, a supposed adversary to the satanic script, the hold of whole populations in awe of Rome ,

the corruption at the heart of Rome,

How has the current pope brought corruption to Rome?

the Masonry,

Masony and the RC Church Organization are at odds with one another. At least the Papacy and Bishops forbid membership in masonry.

the Bankers

When the Papacy had temporal power, it enforced anti-banking laws.

No- a non-descript tool with nothing achieved

And what have you supposedly achieved? What exactly is a powerless religious leader supposed to acheive?

Is the dali lami also a viscuous old man? He's done less than the pope and the buddhists of tibet certainly live off the gifts of the downtrodden public.

Watch out for the next one

Yeah yea, watch wait worry, I'm sure there was a fair share of people saying that about the current pope, and the one before that, and the one before that.

FredT
The guy all but blew off the sexual abuse scandal

I agree that that was a great failure on his part and its inexcusable. Hardly makes him a viscious old man tho.

may responsible for millions of AIDS deaths in Africa, cause its a "sin" but dying of AIDS is not!!

So lets get this straight, the church says 'condoms are bad, because sex is for procreation, therefore don't use them'. Now an african catholic says 'ok, i won't use condoms'. Then th church says, non-creative sex/outside of marriage is also a sin, arguably a bigger sin' and the hypothetical african catholic says 'well forget that, I'll listen to the church when its good for me, but not when i don't feel like it'

And the Church is responsible for that? I just don't see it. If AIDs was being transmitted primarily thru marriages amoung african catholics, then it'd be a different story. But its not. The Church advocates, with the threat to a person's 'immortal soul', that they not do the one thing that is largely responsible for AIDs tranmission in Africa, which is going quite a bit further than any temporal authority simply 'making them aware' of the consequences. IOW, they have actual penalties to discourage that which leads to AIDs infection. Anyone having unprotected sex outside of marriage is already breaking the rules of the church, so I can't see them not using a condom because of the church.

What is the infection rate amoung Pious Catholics in africa anyway?

Nerdling
It will be announced after the pieces are in place for continuity.

The Church doesn't set up continuity like a government tho, they vote on the new pope in a set period of time. I think that the rumoured next pope is a bishop or cardinal from south america.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a journalist camera "sniper" watching the hospital in rome,
for news on pope....

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its a bit unrealted, but the oldest Cardinal has died of influenza.

Italian Cardinal Bafile Dies at 101

VATICAN CITY - Italian Cardinal Corrado Bafile, at 101 the oldest member of the College of Cardinals, has died in a Rome hospital, the Vatican said.

The Vatican did not give the cause of death, but news reports said he died from complications of influenza.

Bafile served for 15 years as papal envoy to Germany until he returned to the Vatican in 1975 to head the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. Pope Paul VI elevated him to cardinal the following year.

Influenza

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I see that my prediciton was correct...
once again the pontif was pulled off his harley to heaven...
to rot with all of us a while longer...

I we sure this guy isn't immortal? or a vamp, or a zombie... he could be the undead... he sure talks monotone enough...

That said...
part of my prayers were answered, now i just hope the prayer for reforms will be also...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The coming of the antichrist is again thwarted by the current Pope's miraculous recovery abilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join