It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI’s Russian-influence probe includes a look at far-right news sites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here's a wild story that claims Russian Bots were involved in a massive onslaught of propaganda to boost Trump.

The FBI supposedly has a special investigation going that is "looking into" far-right wing sites that called to duty all the Trump favoring bot legions !!

Naturally this comes from two people familiar with the inquiry

Sounds like a standard load of crap from Democrat propaganda psy-ops PR operations.

(from mcclatchydc)
FBI’s Russian-influence probe includes a look at far-right news sites

Federal investigators are examining whether far-right news sites played any role last year in a Russian cyber operation that dramatically widened the reach of news stories — some fictional — that favored Donald Trump’s presidential bid, two people familiar with the inquiry say.

Operatives for Russia appear to have strategically timed the computer commands, known as “bots,” to blitz social media with links to the pro-Trump stories at times when the billionaire businessman was on the defensive in his race against Democrat Hillary Clinton, these sources said.

They're ALIVE !!

The bots’ end products were largely millions of Twitter and Facebook posts carrying links to stories on conservative internet sites such as Breitbart News and InfoWars, as well as on the Kremlin-backed RT News and Sputnik News, the sources said.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What if Russia was using bots to help promote Trump? You don't think that's possible?

Here is a link from the Washington Post reporting on the facts of this event last year.

The flood of “fake news” this election season got support from a sophisticated Russian propaganda campaign that created and spread misleading articles online with the goal of punishing Democrat Hillary Clinton, helping Republican Donald Trump and undermining faith in American democracy, say independent researchers who tracked the operation.

Russia’s increasingly sophisticated propaganda machinery — including thousands of botnets, teams of paid human “trolls,” and networks of websites and social-media accounts — echoed and amplified right-wing sites across the Internet as they portrayed Clinton as a criminal hiding potentially fatal health problems and preparing to hand control of the nation to a shadowy cabal of global financiers. The effort also sought to heighten the appearance of international tensions and promote fear of looming hostilities with nuclear-armed Russia.

edit on 20pmMon, 20 Mar 2017 20:29:29 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Alex Jones talked about this all last night, saying that he had received leaked documents from the Trump/Russia investigation that included the phone numbers and addresses of Alex Jones and infowars crew.

And all this is revealed right after that laptop got stolen from the secret service agent's car.

The plot thickens.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

What if Russia was using bots to help promote Trump? You don't think that's possible?

What if CNN was using bots to help Clinton?

That actually happened.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

what if the DNC was ?

what if they failed because they screwed up the programs ?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm way ahead of the FBI.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Okay - you guys aren't even trying to answer my question. But I edited my post to put a link to an article that reports on this from last year. It is apparently factual. This is evidence of Russia interfering in our electoral process. Russia seems to have been pretty serious about this.
edit on 20pmMon, 20 Mar 2017 20:37:45 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

When will you be receiving your Pulitzer?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Hazardous1408

When will you be receiving your Pulitzer?

Hopefully just before Trump wins his Nobel.

I'd like to fade into obscurity, quickly.

Says it all though really...
What took the FBI so long? That thread is old.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Russia was using bots. That's been known for a while now.

What if the DNC was using them too. The DNC isn't a foreign Government.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hard to say whether or not the far-right news sites *knew* Russia was using bots to promote their stories... my guess is they didn't. Russia probably decided to use their stories to promote its agenda.. I wonder if Russia was involved in PizzaGate.
edit on 20pmMon, 20 Mar 2017 20:41:44 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

How does russia (or anyone for that matter) using bots equate to interfering in our electoral process.

The people cast their ballots, not bots.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It no secret the Trump campaign and Clinton's had their own bots but Trump won the online war because he also had an online army of devote trollish supporters, lots of them and they were free hailing from sites like 4chan and The_Donald. Mix in Russian bots and he wins. He didn't know this kind of support was coming but he reaped the rewards.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Mix in Russian bots and he wins.

Such an oversimplification of the ever so convoluted electoral process.

Things are usually never so simple.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Russia was using bots. That's been known for a while now.

What if the DNC was using them too. The DNC isn't a foreign Government.

So if the DNC uses technology to influence an election (I almost gagged typing that, considering their use of most of our media) then it's OK because you know... your party. This is why the Progressive cult is so bad... the end always justifies the means to them, but everyone else = bad.

I can honestly say I'm not surprised.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It no secret the Trump campaign and Clinton's had their own bots but Trump won the online war because he also had an online army of devote trollish supporters, lots of them and they were free hailing from sites like 4chan and The_Donald. Mix in Russian bots and he wins. He didn't know this kind of support was coming but he reaped the rewards.

Actually he won because the Democrats couldn't cough up anything more than 3 establishment picks. Then the ~let's screw Bernie~ thing the DNC did just finished the Dems... probably for a long while. This election was a big middle finger to Progressives in both parties and the establishment at large.

4Chan didn't go out and get him the win. People like you did.

Keep up the good work, btw...

edit on 21Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:24:07 -0500America/Chicago17th2017-03-20T21:24:07-05:00pmMondayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Swills

Mix in Russian bots and he wins.

Such an oversimplification of the ever so convoluted electoral process.

Things are usually never so simple.

Electoral process? I'm talking about the online war, not Election Day. Did I say Trump only because of the internet? The thread is about Russian bots and I'd like to point out bots are very real and Trump/Clinton aren't the ones who use them. Do you not know this?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Russian an many other nations, *cough* China *cough* use all kinds of nefarious deals on the net. This isn't any indication that it was the Russians. It would seem you shamelessly fell into the same foolish narrative that has gripped our left leaning members.

The American people voted for Trump, not Russia. Your link doesn't prove anything other then the usual fear mongering and deflection, "independent researchers", yeah okay keep falling for the fake news guy, stick to your forum.

Thank god Americans are starting to read between the lines of the so called MSM, indoctrination of being fed your "info" from TV is finally being lifted.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Oh I see now, some of you think when I'm talking about Trump winning I'm referring to the election. I am not. I am referring to the online war, which he destroyed Clinton in and it had nothing to do with his campaign. It was a grassroots campaign started by and fueled by trolls, and then all walks of life from the Right. That war still rages but it's now against everyone who isn't a trump supporter. Reddit is a great example of this.

I didn't get Trump elected. People who bought into his con did. Reminds me of Trump University.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm sure Russia did use bots, probably on behalf of Trump. And I'm sure the Euro globalists did use bots, probably on behalf of Clinton. It's something that needs to be looked at. But unless bots voted, which nobody claims, the validity of the election stands unchallenged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join