It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is total BS ATS is on this list.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Any fake news list that doesn't include every single news source, forum, general information site, google and all search engines, etc (you get the gist), is not legit.

Every single thing you read is a lie. Stop playing house and wake the hell up.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

Maybe it has to do with ATS merging with Disinfo.com?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

www.fakenewschecker.com... is fake checker.

In case no one has noticed, the truth is the enemy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Great that people need telling what to believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The fake news checker you have linked to is basically fake news.

This site is not a journalistic endeavour. It is a forum for discussion. There is a massive difference. As such, it is not a news site, therefore is not a fake news site. It features stories from all over the world, some of which are utterly legit, some of which are bogus, and all of which get discussed one way round or another. It is a place for the exercise of intellect, not a place to mindlessly absorb propaganda.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'd love to see it hacked with its own link on the list.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I can guess which members would go batsh@t Insane if ATS got shut down due to new fake news policies and couldn't post any more mug and food selfies.

edit on 21-3-2017 by JugHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

At this point in time, ATS should definitely be on that list.

While it hasn't always been this way, in recent years the right wingers on this site rely solely on fake news generated from sites like Breitbart, InfoWars, World Net Daily, Sorcha Faal, Before It's News, etc., etc..

Then, even when proven wrong, they come up with terms like "Alternative Facts" to justify their self imposed delusion.

Coming from a site who's motto is to "Deny Ignorance," where mods & administrators do more to support the propagation of such BS than to "deny" it, I'd say yeah ATS belongs on that list. For Sure.

You know what they say about when the shoe fits.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I am a massive lefty, and I have to call you on your BS about the administrators, moderators and owners of this website. You can pan the memberships far right elements as far as you need to, and I am not going to say a damned word about that, because I could not agree more.

But the staff, owners and volunteers at ATS are only human. The fact that the utter cesspool being generated by the far right square bashers around here is large, is not the fault of those who work to keep the site running. They have a big job to do, and there are not a great deal of them, nor hours in the day with which to complete that work. What does not help, is that people do not report nearly often enough, the sort of interactions and behaviours that they complain about. If you see some racist nonsense being posted, you MUST report it, every single time. That, however, takes a lot of time out of a persons day, and most people will just leave a thread rather than report bad conduct.

That means that admins, mods and owners have to spend time trawling the boards looking not for discussions, as members, but sniffing out threads and posts which break terms and conditions, or exemplify poor manners or decorum.

That is work the members should be doing for them, in order to maintain the quality of the digital environment we are all living in. Only the membership are a large enough organism, to be able to put our finger on precisely when a post comes up that ought be removed, or when a thread is getting out of control. In much the same way as not calling the police and hoping they will arrive soon, one MUST alert the moderators when one feels that T&C have been violated, or else nothing will be done about behaviour that you find unacceptable.

You need to quit ragging on the sites underpinnings friend, because its the membership which has the problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure anyone hears the ATS voice when we are whispering Jack @#%!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

To whom were you responding in your last post, Cauliflower?

The reply button is your friend!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wasn't talking about their actions regarding manners & decorum, I actually believe they do a pretty good job in that respect.

I was talking about the fact that ATS has become an echo chamber for the fake news emitted by sites like Breitbart, InfoWars, etc and more of a place to propagate ignorance than to deny it.

That's why IMO, ATS definitely belongs on that list.

We are what we consume.

edit on 21-3-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i notice a lot of the stories listed at the fake news website are actually culled from the MSM.

i lol'd

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Compared to almost any other "news" sources, ATS has high standards in the end.

The Moderators and Admin staff work hard to make sure that the HOAX! bin serves it's purpose adequately.

Look nothing's perfect, but ATS has a lot of very intelligent people and great researchers who are skilled at fact checking and debunking fake stories.

Show me any other top "news" related sites that even come close to this standard and have all of these checks and balances in place. I'd love to know about them.

Good thread, thanks OP!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

And again, that is not an issue that you can lay at the feet of the moderators, staff, and management, unless you have personally alerted them to the fact, every time you have personally witnessed an example of what you are talking about. All issues pertaining to what does and does not fly here, require members to alert the moderators.

If you are telling me, that you have diligently applied yourself to this task, and set about near enough harassing the alert button every day for months to no avail, then fair enough, there might be a problem. Somehow, I doubt that this is the case. I am certain that people bleat in thread about these issues, but unless you take them to management, they will not improve, because again, there are only so many eyes, and far too many things to watch.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not surprising.... ATS is overrun with shills and dis-info agents.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

No they will probably take ATS off the list if all the fake news that gets spread through this site stops! And no CNN is not the problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My questions are...

1. Who runs the site, what are their credentials to pick and choose? I see Coast to Coast, and that is more of a radio show, but then Ground Zero isn't there which is kind of like Coast to Coast...

I think they should list their own site too since they do not actually provide all the background data and people involved in the site. To be honest...this site could be just focused on a couple of sites that might be their main attack. It's like I put up a list of Racists with 90% of the list is made up of actual verified Racists and I add names of those I'm attacking who are not Racists, but hey they are now on a list of Racist...see how this works...lol

edit on 21-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

No they will probably take ATS off the list if all the fake news that gets spread through this site stops! And no CNN is not the problem.

To be called fake news doesn't it need to come from an actual news source? If I post my opinion completely outside of any news source does not make it fake news no matter who disagrees with it. Most of these sites are opinion based sites and not what we would call an actual unbiased news outlet. It's the news outlet that suggests they are unbiased, but provide bias reports that is what fake news is all about.

edit on 21-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: enament
a reply to: WASTYT

The real point is ATS isnt an actual news site its a message board, thats why it doesn't say ATS news we all know how it works here.

No I think the real point is being missed by you and others.

It's not just about sites that create the fake news, but sites that promote or facilitate the promotion of it. Facebook came under heavy fire for enabling a forum that allowed the proliferation of such alternative news. But they are not a news site either. Now they've instituted blocks on posts that link to known fake news sources. Did ATS do this?

ATS has a forum dedicated to "Breaking Alternative News" for pete's sake! And a forum called "Disinfo.com". It invites this sort of material and provides a safe haven for it to foster and affect the minds that ingest this nonsense. If you ask me there isn't enough patrolling to maintain the integrity of the content, but then again it bills itself as a conspiracy site so what else should someone expect?

I think the bolded title from your link may provide an answer as to why ATS is on there:

If ATS is defined to some extent by its membership then it is partly to blame for being considered a fake news source. And who's to say that some kind of a fake news story didn't get posted here first? Can't be said with full confidence I'm afraid.

And quite honestly that whole Deny Ignorance thing seems a bit contradictory to me...
edit on 3/21/2017 by WASTYT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join