It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is total BS ATS is on this list.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The point is this isn't a news site its a message board, where we debate, just like we are doing right now.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Above Top Secret publishes information that cannot be validated and that is anti scientific fact. The information provided should be regarded as speculative opinion or propaganda and cannot be substantiated by fact or evidence. It is among the most untrustworthy sources in the media.

(site from OP)

Really??! I am gonna tell Zaphod58 his thread is on their list! Then I'll let Phage know that ATS is "anti scientific" and I will stop mentioning nuclear fusion and graphene production!

Why don't they post all those d@mn Trump threads? Calling "Pacific NW Fishing" untrustworthy?! LM[FAT]AO! Trustworthy enough for you stupid list site?

Good thing an open discussion board can reach such a list! So I guess I have to trust Lame Stream Media telling me Lockheed Martin is making "cold fusion" when the idiot reporter says in the previous sentence, "hotter than the surface of the sun." Yeah, that is pretty trustworthy too and super scientific!

to that list site!

edit on 20-3-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity, trustworthyness, and all scientific like...

edit on 20-3-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ATS isn't a news outlet, it's an internet forum. Unless ATS is generating news content (which I'm not aware of ?), it has no reason to be on the list.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Haha the irony that fakenewschecker is in fact fake news. ATS isn't a news site.

/Facepalm

Thats what I think too, we debate here prove or disprove news through debates and posting of things that prove or disprove , we police ourselves here.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Lol 4chan pol reddit con not on the list ahahaahhahhahahahaha

And yes its fake news on here mixed with real news however everything the liberal media and fox news pushes is 90 percent fake news!

However ATS has some talented people that are gooad at reading through the BS and putting out a thread that isn't total bs.

You could never take us as not fake news we post about ufos, demons, mind control, reptilian aliens, ghosts, weather modification,flat earth ect most normal people's brains explode when confronted with that garbage. Funny i have never taken a logical look into the website however its not fake news to know the government hides the truth from us and pushes a narrative. The reality of that truth makes people look in unexpected places for pieces of the puzzle. The logical people can't accept that you can have truth in unexpected places but they are waking up too it. When all news is trying to spin a narritive its the people looking at why spin it that way that are closer to the truth then the ones accepting it as truth

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: enament

The point is this isn't a news site its a message board, where we debate, just like we are doing right now.

Not a very good point. ATS amounts to a news aggregator site, just like drudge, but allows commentary. Nearly everything on ATS some member ports over from somewhere else. There is very little original material here. ATS obviously does not bill itself as a news organization, but take the 'news" away and there's very little left. And the stuff that is here, like chemtrails and the other stuff i listed, is just hilarious nonsense. Overall, ATS deserves to be listed.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

The true reason for this, is that many threads and topics here are always exposing MSM lies and corruption, and they really hate this. The truths of things are their sworn enemy.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Wow, look at that list.

Its pretty much every site except CNN, MSNBC and Fox.

I see the DU made the list. Probably because they supported Bernie over Hillary and discussed the DNC's blatant fraud.

edit on 20-3-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Highly suspicious if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'm hoping the site owners file a defamation lawsuit, since we here are a message board / discussion board not a news site, or we are more or less a club who discus and debate issues.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

FakeNewsChecker.com is another self-appointed “fact checker” run by anonymous individuals. The website offers no contact information.

Zilch nada nothing can be found about this site.

This is all WHOIS has available.

Domain Name: FAKENEWSCHECKER.COM
Registrar: 1&1 INTERNET SE
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 83
Whois Server: whois.1and1.com
Referral URL: registrar.1and1.info...
Name Server: DARL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: KAY.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Updated Date: 17-nov-2016
Creation Date: 17-nov-2016
Expiration Date: 17-nov-2017

Could be anybody claiming to be a fact checker that has a few bucks to buy a domain name.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'm hoping the site owners file a defamation lawsuit, since we here are a message board / discussion board not a news site, or we are more or less a club who discus and debate issues.

Oh, c'mon! Like Mayor Daley (The First) of Chicago said (paraphrased), "Write something good about me or write something bad about me, but spell my name right." ATS gets precious little free advertising. Last time I remember it was called "a cranky conspiracy site." of which this thread is a perfect example. Embrace the lights, brothers! It doesn't get pointed this way very often.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This is total BS ATS is on this list.

This is an article apparently exposing fake news sites and ATS is on that list, that pisses me off especially since ATS is a message board, cripes whats wrong with people,. There seems to be something missing from that list CNN.

www.fakenewschecker.com...

Why is it total BS that ABTS is in the list though?

The amount of unsubstantiated claims thrown around is enormous - just see how much we ourselves throw in the hoax bin and remember that that is only what is demonstrably wrong. News, to be credible, needs to be demonstrably right.

(No we do not claim to be a news site, but we do - very often - claim to be the bearers of news, both breaking and regular, on the boards)

edit on 20-3-2017 by DupontDeux because: fixing typo

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't think many people in this discussion share your opinion. My opinion is this is a discussion/ message board not a news site. The fact that this site was added constitutes filing defamation for financial damages.

Your entitled to your opinion but I and obviously others don't or at leas very few don't .

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I agree with you.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
ATS does have a lot of fake news though.

And members are quick (read as: immediate) to call it out as fake...whether it actually is or not. Regardless, at least people discuss the legitimacy of most, if not all, aggregated news stories here.

Everything posted at ATS is being vetted far more than the typical mainstream spoon-feeding news sources.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
What gives you the idea that ATS has a handle on truth? You don't think ATS is full of fake news? How about start with chemtrails? The we move on to "The Moon landings were fake," the hollow earth, Bush is a reptilian, The Black Knight Satellite. and it goes on and on. ATS has some gems, but it is not a reliable source of truth in news reporting. Half the stuff on here is utter nonsense. ATS is very deserving of being on the list.

Yeah but its an opinion site or sourced information and introduced for discussion
Discussion
Its not even news, when did ats break any news. (well maybe, but rarely)

It does have false/fake content, its not fake news

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I don't think many people in this discussion share your opinion. My opinion is this is a discussion/ message board not a news site. The fact that this site was added constitutes filing defamation for financial damages.

Your entitled to your opinion but I and obviously others don't or at leas very few don't .

Whatever you say, bud! My opinion is that ATS amounts to a news aggregator site. But I wouldn't be too sure no one agrees with me, as the above post indicates. But the idea that being placed on this list constitutes "filing defamation for financial damages" is a real howler! You are obviously not a lawyer and it's very funny to me that you have taken such umbrage at this whole issue. That is completely delusional! PROVE it! And you now what you'll find? That traffic, and therefore income, will go UP as a result of this "publicity." Surely the Three Amigos are smarter than that, even though a lot of users obviously are not.
edit on 3/20/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Above Top Secret publishes information that cannot be validated and that is anti scientific fact.

It is among the most untrustworthy sources in the media.

This is just an attack on discussion and information. TPTB don't want the public talking about things - they want the public to be told what to think by carefully-controlled MSM outlets.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well said, you put my own thoughts into words better than i am able to in my current state of mind ( very stressed out ).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join