It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Forced the FBI and NSA to Respond to Him @POTUS in Live Hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This morning, In a series of tweets coming from the official @POTUS twitter,
it appears that President Trump took the FBI and NSA to task.

During this time, James Comey was asked a series of questions under oath,
giving answers in response to a series of previous tweets.

Trump then posted the exchanges on his POTUS feed.

The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process.

FBI Director Comey: fmr. DNI Clapper "right" to say no evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump Campaign. #ComeyHearing

FBI Director Comey admits Obama’s White House had ability to “unmask” American citizens.

FBI Director Comey says classified leaks to the media have been “unusually active” recently.

President Trump‏Verified account @POTUS 5h5 hours ago

NSA Director Rogers tells Congress unmasking individuals endangers national security.

FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Michael Flynn to Russia.

Trump @ POTUS
twitter.com...

The link in the tweet leads to a clip of Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes asking Admiral Rogers if Russia had been able to change actual vote tallies in a number of swing states in November -- something none of the intelligence agencies in the US has ever suggested. But the broader implication of the tweet was clear: Trump was asserting that the intelligence community had determined that the Russian hacking had no impact on the election’s outcome. finance.yahoo.com...

Trump was live tweeting during the hearing, literally forcing the directors to respond to him in real time.

Say what you will, but this strategy is brilliant and it is twisting the media
into knots, and throwing a cog into the wheel of the shadows.

edit on 20-3-2017 by burntheships because: correct brackets

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I saw the tweeting during the testimony. Trump is an idiot to be tweeting during congressional testimony mainly ABOUT him.

The people giving testimony weren't forced to do anything, they weren't reading twitter. They were giving testimony.

Comey didn't exactly say several of the things above.

edit on 20-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

For one thing they only confirmed that the voting inferstructure had not been compromised...such as the voting machines..

Something I haven't heard anyone claim..

The question was did trump make a deal with the Russians in exchange for the dnc leak??

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
No one in the history of all things bright and beautiful has said that Russia hacked votes...
It's a strawman argument and nothing more.

Did Russians leak to Wikileaks?
Was Putin involved?
Did Trump or his associates convene with Putin or his associates to time these leaks the month before the election?

They're the questions that were asked.

+29 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The people giving testimony weren't forced to do anything, they weren't reading twitter. They were giving testimony.

Comey didn't exactly say several of the things above.

Are you reading the same article? How can you deny
the facts that are right here in your face?

A staff member must have called the tweet to the attention of committee member Jim Himes of Connecticut because late in the hearing he raised it directly with Comey and Rogers.

“Gentlemen in my original questions to you I asked you whether the intelligence community had undertaken any sort of study to determine whether Russian interference had had any influence on the electoral process and I think you told me the answer was no.”

“Correct,” Rogers said. “We said the U.S. Intelligence community does not do analysis or reporting on the the U.S. Political process or U.S. Public opinion. That is not our policy.”

“Okay,” said Himes. “Thanks to the modern technology that's in front of me right here, I've got a tweet from the president an hour ago saying the NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence the electoral process. That's not quite accurate, that tweet?”

Comey was clearly surprised, he even commented he was
responding to Trumps tweets!

Himes read the tweet back, and the FBI director said, “Let me tell you what we understand the state of what we've said is. We've offered no opinion, have no view, have no information on potential mpact because it's never something we looked at.”

“So it's not too far of a logical leap to conclude that the assertion that you have told the congress that there was no influence on the electoral process is not quite right?” Himes pressed.

“Right,” said Comey. “It certainly wasn't our intention to say that today. We don't have any information on that subject. That's not something that was looked at.” finance.yahoo.com...

Trump forced the issue in the hearing, and now its on the record.
Under oath.

Moving along at a brisk pace....

+76 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I saw the tweeting during the testimony. Trump is an idiot to be tweeting during congressional testimony mainly ABOUT him.

Do you ever have any argument aside from "Trump is an idiot, yada, yada"?

Seriously, your whole foundation for arguments on ATS is "I hate Trump, he's an idiot".

That's not an argument. Just emotional nonsense.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

In fact according to Fox News aka republican broadcasting commy admitted trump wIS PRESENTLY under investigation, not by obama, but by the FBI...

www.foxnews.com...

“I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,” Comey said. “That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

He added that this probe will “include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.”

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Did the DNC refuse to allow the FBI to investigate the hacking?

Yes!

Why?

These are questions that need answers!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Trump forced the issue in the hearing, and now its on the record. Under oath.
I had missed that point
for the record

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

www.foxnews.com...

“I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,” Comey said. “That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

He added that this probe will “include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.”

That is a great quote!

You imagine there was any "listening in on" ?

Do you realize the implications of the statement on Unmasking?

Crimes committed could be the leaks of classified information?

All of the above!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Did the DNC refuse to allow the FBI to investigate the hacking?

Yes!

Why?

These are questions that need answers!

Yes that is also a question. Well done.

The FBI were more than happy to go through a 3rd party to decipher the hacks.

Why the DNC didn't just allow the FBI is not beyond me, it's called cleaning out the drawers.

But it also doesn't take away from the questions I put forward.

& really I have no dog in this fight, I was merely stating a couple of facts.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
No one in the history of all things bright and beautiful has said that Russia hacked votes...
It's a strawman argument and nothing more.

Absolutely true. This investigation is not about Russia hacking into voting machines, but hacking into Podesta's e-mail account and releasing e-mails damaging to Hillary through Wikileaks. There is also an investigation going on to see whether or not Trump or his team was involved.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Meanwhile, whilst everyone is focused on the POTUS Tweets, U.S boots on the ground in Syria has gone relatively unreported by the MSM.

Never mind Liberals, Obama's work in the M.E is continuing, yet everyone thought Trump was against everything he stood for.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

The FBI were more than happy to go through a 3rd party to decipher the hacks.

Is that what really happened?
The news media reported that the DNC hired Crowdstrike.
I do not recall ever reading that the FBI hired them,
in fact certain they did not.

Why the DNC didn't just allow the FBI is not beyond me, it's called cleaning out the drawers.

Well, at least we can agree on this then!

But it also doesn't take away from the questions I put forward.

Did Russians leak to Wikileaks?

Wikileaks says No.

Was Putin involved?

In the DNC hacks?
Other than that, Comey said Guccifer was not Russian.

Did Trump or his associates convene with Putin or his associates to time these leaks the month before the election?

Spy boss says no collusion...so now what?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks, it is interesting strategy for certain.
Not one I would have initally thought to work so strongly in
Trumps favor, and so immediately.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just have to post Georges new yt up as he brings the actors into todays hearings

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So now they need to seriously turn to the question of the leaks that indicate that they came through aspects of the intel services.

Secondly, it should be clear now that Obama's administration had the capability to get the intel, and based on Lynch's directive, they opened a back door channel without fingerprints to the UK to obtain that data.

If such house cleaning is not done by the services under suspicion, then we know where they stand in politics and both houses need to be turned upside down and violently shaken to get the rats out. More and more we are beginning to see un-American activities in our own government agencies.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Trump's tweets show just how badly we need an independent special prosecutor for this matter. A prosecutor that won't be influenced Trump or "forced" by his abuse of power tactics!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Democrats on that Committee totally freaked out.

Totally in salvage mode.

They kept referring to "Russian Playbook" that oddly resembles the "DNC Playbook".

Heat nord.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join