It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump is skiing and We The People are footing the bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Where was the bitching when Obama took a vacation once a month and decided to golf on tax payer money every other week?
Where was the outrage when Obama added trillions in debth to our economy?
I forgot, the left only bitches about private tapes between men, tax returns or when Trump takes a crap and decides to tweet, but when it comes to our economy and future generations, it's not as important.
edit on 22-3-2017 by BloodxRayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So let me get this straight?

It was bad and a waste of resources when Obama and any of his family took holidays but 100% acceptable when Trump and his family do the same?????

NO! The other way around!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: buster2010

Here, woman, you can have abortions... after you get your genitalia snipped and live in my harem, cant drive to escape it, and wear a burka when you do go outside so as not to gain the interests of anyone whom might save you. Hijab!

That's fine if you are Muslim. My bad I forgot how the cultist are so scared that Islam is coming. Maybe one day you and the other low brow people will learn the constitution will stop sharia from being established in America.

Gee, boy are we lucky we have the constitution!

Sucked for all them other countries that didn't have it starting from the 7th century.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BloodxRayne

You must be new to have missed all the ATS threads about the how Obama couldn't do anything, even vacations. Yes, we know, Trump does it better so now its ok.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow, I suppose the Secret service needed to rent skis and get passes for the ski hill. I bet they enjoyed that vacation.

Twelve grand wasn't that bad, that would probably be a normal amount for that many people. You can't be protecting someone skiing if you don't rent skis. I bet that trip required secret service men chosen for their ability to ski.

12k for Aspen?

All them people? Cheap!!

Vail is expensive too but not as nice. Bush's used to ski there I believe or was it the Clintons. Don't remember. lol.

Apparently there was no charge for the rooms for the secret service people from the article. But maybe the bill will come later. It probably would be a good business promotion to put the Trumps up there without charging for secret service rooms. I would think it would be beneficial for any big place like that to give free rooms for the presidents family. Not all people up high are greedy when it comes to the government.

Yes, good PR.

"Ivanka slept here".

Sounds like the safest place to stay, too.

Secret service crawling all over Aspen. lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
With all the money Trump has saved the Tax Payers for taking only $1.00 a year for being president, you all should be a little more grateful.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead
With all the money Trump has saved the Tax Payers for taking only $1.00 a year for being president, you all should be a little more grateful.

Give me a break. Isn't his salary $400,000? The extended Trump family burn through that in security in an hour.

By comparison, Barack Obama's travel expenses averaged just $12.1 million during each year of his presidency. In total, Obama's eight year travel bill came to $97 million and unbelievably, Donald Trump is on pace to outspend him in less than one year. The Washington Post says "the elaborate lifestyle of America’s first family is straining the Secret Service and security officials, stirring financial and logistical concerns in several local communities, and costing far beyond what has been typical for previous presidents."

www.forbes.com... 26a436e49
edit on 3/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

And I highly doubt any tax payers money has gone towards anything. More MSN lying smut.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Give me a break. Isn't his salary $400,000? The extended Trump family burn through that in security in an hour.

I think you might be blinded by headlines...

According to this source, the estimated costs for securing the first family back when Obama was president was $1.4 Billion a year.

Perhaps the biggest concern for the President and the First Family, at least in terms of taxpayer dollars, is security. Due to the extremely high profile of virtually everyone in close connection with any sitting President, a huge team of secret service security agents must be employed at all times to protect the President and anyone in the President's immediate family. According to the Brookings Institution's Bradley Patterson, these expenses were among the largest for the Obama presidency. All told, the cost to taxpayers associated with running the White House under President Obama was approximately $1.4 billion per year.

www.investopedia.com...

I want to see comparisons.

At this stage it is plausible that Trump is actually reducing costs and saving tax payer money.

edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

And I highly doubt any tax payers money has gone towards anything. More MSN lying smut.

Who do you think pays the SS? Seriously. Who pays them?

(post by JugHead removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A family of four, living in one residence, cost more than roughly 13 people with three and more residences. One in a large city which is very difficult to secure, and another that even requires Coast Guard?

Alrighty then.

By the way, NYC wants their million dollars a day back.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

A family of four, living in one residence, cost more than roughly 13 people with three and more residences. One in a large city which is very difficult to secure, and another that even requires Coast Guard?

Alrighty then.

By the way, NYC wants their million dollars a day back.

Doesn't address the point. Show me the INCREASE in budget and there is a basis for a discussion.
Until then, you are just whining about something because Trump is President.
edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Every day when I log on here, I have this debate with myself.

Have these flibbertigibbets, in the throes of their passion in deepest love for the hallowed clownish buffoon, lost their ability to reason? Or did they never have reasoning ability to begin with?

Every day. I wonder.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I don't whine. And yes it does address the point, which is that people are so smitten with Trump and his alleged billions, they have lost common ability to reason through what is obvious to a thinking person.

Do you really need someone to explain to you why it cost more to guard 13 people and multiple residences than it does to guard four people in one residence?

Seriously?

edit on 3/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I don't whine. And yes it does address the point, which is that people are so smitten with Trump and his alleged billions, they have lost common ability to reason through what is obvious to a thinking person.

Do you really need someone to explain to you why it cost more to guard 13 people and multiple residences than it does to guard four people in one residence?

Seriously?

No, I need someone to explain how much MORE is being spent on the Trump administration security vs previous Presidents.
If it is the same than that is great, right? Spending the same to guard more people.
If it's less, even better.
If it's more, then show me the data.

Until then, all I hear is whining.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Read the Forbes article I linked above.

If you require further explanations, google it. There is much to be learned throughout the internet on this subject, for those whose common sense and ability to calculate large maths fail to serve them when the hallowed one is involved.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yeah, but she flies coach. HRC used Air Force One to campaign. You see, they are not 'taking advantage' of anything. Hell, based on the recent USSS screw ups at the White House I would think they do not want to even have them around or their children. Like when the USSS took the selfies of a child asleep in the backseat.

They are living a life and if HRC had won the exact same thing would have happened except...thats right...they already have USSS protection.

As far as Obama, the 'vacations' taken were crazy by his wife. 40-50 people in tow in multiple European and Asian trips. For what? Nothing. How about how YOU the taxpayer paid for JayZ and others to perform at private parties?

A president is 'entitled' to the protection that has been provided to EVERY OTHER POTUS so what is the big f'n deal?
edit on 03am31amf0000002017-03-22T09:12:45-05:000945 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

A president is 'entitled' to the protection that has been provided to EVERY OTHER POTUS so what is the big f'n deal?

Donald Trump's security is not the problem, of course he's entitled to it.
It's the vast underserving entourage that bugs me.

Donald Trump and this administration is going to go down in flames. It's already begun. It would be wise to open your eyes and smell the lies and deception.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join