It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this in the daytime sky?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Good evening ATS.

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong forum.

A fb friend of mine took a couple of pics she had taken recently of the daytime sky, and posted them to fb asking if anyone knew what the object is just below the sun. I'm afraid she had no replies so I thought i'd ask on ATS as i'm sure members here will know immediately what it is.

^^^This pic was taken on 13/03/17 at 2.30pm.

^^^This one was taken on 15/03/17 at 1pm facing toward Heathrow Airport.

I said it's the moon.

Someone else said it's Nibiru lol.

Please help, ATSers.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It is an internal camera reflection. Commonly called lens flare.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They look like they could be lens flare.

Edit to add:

Considering that Phage beat me to it, I may as well add a little more value to my post. This photo below shows a very similar lens flare that is obviously not a rogue planet or the moon.

edit on 20/3/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Many thanks. I will pass it on.

Someone did suggest lens flare to her but she wasn't happy with that answer, she said the 'object' is identical in both pics, different days. But I expect it would be identical if she used the same camera.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

I too thought it was a lense flair but I was wondering... Did she see it with the naked eye, then take a picture? I'm not clear on that.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Was she able to see it before taking the photos? Maybe a Sun Dog... conditions look like they might be right for it.

Sun Dog - Wiki

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It is a lens flare.

Here is a cool lens flare of an annular solar eclipse in 2012 during total annularity that i took.

edit on 20-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsPStudge

I too thought it was a lense flair but I was wondering... Did she see it with the naked eye, then take a picture? I'm not clear on that.

I'm not sure if she saw it before taking the pic. I'll message her.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Looks like lens flare and they are exactly the same, so logic says same camera same lens artefact. The pictures beg the question of why she was pointing her camera at the sun in the first place. Did she see this this with the naked eye, is she winding you up or is this an attempt to promote an "accidental" Nibiru capture?

I'm going for lens flare based soley on the fact that it can't be Nibiru because it doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Looks like lens flare and they are exactly the same, so logic says same camera same lens artefact. The pictures beg the question of why she was pointing her camera at the sun in the first place. Did she see this this with the naked eye, is she winding you up or is this an attempt to promote an "accidental" Nibiru capture?

I'm going for lens flare based soley on the fact that it can't be Nibiru because it doesn't exist.

I have messaged her asking if she saw it in the sky before taking the pics, no reply as yet though.

Having looked at the pics on this thread and also the ones in the link Phage posted, I too believe it is lens flare in her pics.

But like yourself and others have said, why is she taking pics of the sky/sun to begin with? Can the lens on our eyes produce this same effect?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

It is a lens flare.

Here is a cool lens flare of an annular solar eclipse in 2012 during total annularity that i took.

Oh no, that's mark of the Mysterons!!!
(jump to 1min)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Can the lens on our eyes produce this same effect?
No. The effect is caused by bright sunlight being reflected between the lens elements of the camera. Our eyes have a single lens.

edit on 3/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Creepy martian voice saying London will be destroyed? Yikes!

Im fairly certain my girlfriend at the time I took that picture was a mysteron

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Lol, no way is it the moon. If I were to take a stab, I'd say it's either a lens flare or the space station.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro
LOL!

Where there is one, there will be more of them

Now you know the truth, be very suspicious of 'lens flares'.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I do point my camera at the sun when shooting landscapes and trees etc., in order to take the exposure right down which then gives me lots of detail in the sky. It is an old and well-known technique but your friend's pictures do not seem to be of that nature. Also, the little 'wings' that protrude from the sides of the orb are slightly curved which confirms that it is a reflection from within the lens' housing structure itself.

If she can see this anomaly with her own eyes, I suggest you tread carefully...she could be an android sent back in time to kill you.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I asked my friend if she could see it with the naked eye and her reply is this >>> ''you can't look at the sun with the naked eye ... so no, I didn't see it before I took the pics.''

So I've just responded asking in that case why did she take pics of the sky/sun in the first place.

Whatever her answer will be, we know it's a lens flare. Case closed.

Thank you for your help friends. Appreciated.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

If she can see this anomaly with her own eyes, I suggest you tread carefully...she could be an android sent back in time to kill you.

I suspect the same.

And now the truth is out thanks to this thread, everyone who commented could also be a target. I hope one of you peeps is named Sarah or John Connor.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
I asked my friend if she could see it with the naked eye and her reply is this >>> ''you can't look at the sun with the naked eye ... so no, I didn't see it before I took the pics.''

So I've just responded asking in that case why did she take pics of the sky/sun in the first place.

Whatever her answer will be, we know it's a lens flare. Case closed.

Thank you for your help friends. Appreciated.

You should tell her "of course you can!"

It may lead to permanent retinal damage, however. Lol.

As for androids...as mentioned earlier my ex...she thought everyone was a robot. Surely SHE was the robot.

edit on 21-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A good way to tell that it is an internal reflection is that if you mark the centre of the photo frame, you will see that the image is directly opposite the centre point from the sun, symmetrically.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join