It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's Comey says no evidence of Trump wiretap claim, confirms probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
He has nothing. His supporters have nothing to show for it. The White House had to make an apology to the British government and now the FBI has made it clear, there's no evidence.

This is embarrassing.

The head of the FBI publicly challenged U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday, denying the Republican's claim that former president Barack Obama wiretapped his 2016 election campaign and confirming his agency had launched a criminal investigation into any collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia.

FBI Director James Comey told a congressional hearing he had seen no evidence to support a claim by Trump that Obama had wiretapped his campaign headquarters in Trump Tower in New York.

"And we have looked carefully inside the FBI. The Department of Justice has asked me to share with you that the answer is the same for the Department of Justice and all its components: the department has no information that supports those tweets," he said.

www.reuters.com...

What will it take for members on here to admit he was wrong? What I find most amusing is that everybody complains about the media falsely pushing the Russia narrative yet are more than happy to entertain and make up anything to suit Trump's twitter posts. He got this nonsense from Fox News and Breitbart and decided to ramble on about it. Are his aids and advisers doing their jobs??

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Trump said he'd release evidence "very soon." So I guess whenever "very soon" runs out and he hasn't submitted evidence, they'll totally admit it.

Right?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That They Know Of , Or are Outright Lying About . Are People Really that Naive when it comes to Government Propaganda ? .Geez....

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
What will it take for members on here to admit he was wrong?

Evidence. Show me evidence that he was wrong and I will admit he was wrong. For now I just have the supposed opinion of the Director of the FBI which doesn't hold a lot of water in my opinion.
edit on 3/20/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Logical Fallacy - proving a negative.

Trump can't make a claim, have no evidence to show for it, then expect people to prove him wrong. This makes no sense.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So shouldn't the accuser be responsible with the 'burden of proof' here or he gets a free pass to say every thought that runs into his twitter feed. Accusing a previous president of something to this magnitude is no trivial matter and should not refer to 'faux' news sources. (Nor CNN lately for that matter).

link   
Especially after today, it goes without saying that the FBI Director doesn't know everything. Maybe not much at all when it comes to International spying.

link   
Of course not.

The FBI wasn't doing the surveillance.

Deep cover domestic operations leave no paper trails either.

+3 more 
link   

So you want the FBI to have to prove that whatever Trump says is wrong, but Trump doesn't have to prove anything he says to be accurate?

Oh. Okay.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Evidence. Show me evidence that he was wrong and I will admit he was wrong. For now I just have the supposed opinion of the Director of the FBI which doesn't hold a lot of water in my opinion.

You first. Trump made the claim, the onus is on him to produce the evidence. Why are you believing HIS words without evidence but doubting these people who would be more in the know than Trump?

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Doesn't it make you cringe you actually have to explain this to somebody? And on Above Top Secret? What is happening with people on here?? Trump comes in and all of a sudden executive accountability gets thrown out the window.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So you want the FBI to have to prove that whatever Trump says is wrong, but Trump doesn't have to prove anything he says to be accurate?

Oh. Okay.

That's the thing, it's quite obvious that Trump has no backup, it's one of those situations which at the end of the he would still be wrong even if it turned out the Trump Tower is wire tapped, but not for Trump. Trump knows Manafort lives there, and he is under an investigation of some kind.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'll admit he's wrong; I'll suggest its time to crank up the impeachment machine. The guy is making the US the laughing stock of the Western World and the Eastern World as well! (I can't speak for the polar regions).

And of course, the US should be the laughing stock of the whole world, the US political machine is entirely broken and there's no sign whatsover it will ever get fixed.

When your elections end up with a situation where the only two viable candidates are Hillary (hear me lie) Clinton and Donald Trump, you got SERIOUS problems.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Like I said in my initial comment here, he's stated he'll be providing information "very soon." He gave a window of the next couple of weeks, and that clock started the middle of last week.

If he's got proof, I would expect it to come out posthaste now that Comey has said he doesn't have any information to support the claim. I can't imagine Trump would let that stand for a minute longer than he had to.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Have to jump in here. You do realize that the FBI is a law enforcement agency. You do realize that as such, they are PAID to lie to comport their findings with the directives of their handlers, i.e., the DOJ/CIA/NSA?

No reasonably well educated American over the age of 40 believes everything the FBI puts out.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just fyi, but Trump has already passed an official request to release evidence last Monday. They filed an extension instead. Source

At this point, the release some evidence in a few weeks argument is just a stall tactic. If Trump truly had the evidence of his claims, he would have released it already. It's pretty easy to prove if you've been wiretapped after all. The paper tail is rather easy to find, and the current sitting President should find no problems coming across that paper tail.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Trump can't make a claim, have no evidence to show for it, then expect people to prove him wrong. This makes no sense.

That's fine, but you asked what it would take for me to admit he was wrong and I told you. Logic doesn't matter in that regard. I won't take absence of evidence as evidence of absence.

I think they are both full of s*** (Trump and Comey) but I can't admit anything until I have proof of something.
edit on 3/20/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Do you think it is a good idea to wildly slander the FBI's credibility and honesty in regards to this investigation? Me, personally, I want this idiocy to end so I'm not going to go out of my way to damage the FBI's credibility thus giving Trump supporters ammo to continue dragging this waste of time out. Especially based on vague allegations of previous lies and a loose connection to some vague conspiracy theory. You sound just like the crack pot Trump supporters who don't think the word "wiretap" means that.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You first. Trump made the claim, the onus is on him to produce the evidence. Why are you believing HIS words without evidence but doubting these people who would be more in the know than Trump?

Calm down, I simply answered a question the OP asked. I never said anything in support of Trump. All I said is that I will only believe evidence, not supposed opinions.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

That's fine, but you asked what it would take for me to admit he was wrong and I told you. Logic doesn't matter in that regard. I won't take absence of evidence as evidence of absence.

I think they are both full of s*** (Trump and Comey) but I can't admit anything until I have proof of something.

This is either hypocritical or a lie. If you think Trump is full of # then you shouldn't believe his words of a wiretap. Thus you wouldn't even have to weight the accuracy of Comey's words as you already distrust Trump. However if you are speaking on the accuracy of Comey's words, then you are giving some sort of partial credit to Trump's words that they are true despite no evidence of his claims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join