It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article 50 - March 29th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This for me just confirms i made the right choice with my vote, let them threaten and bluster.

Yes we will hurt a while, but the U.K. will come through the other side and i honestly believe we will be better for it in the long run, its going to be a long bumpy road no doubt about it but the more they try to punish us for leaving the more the remainers will start to change their opinions regarding the EU too.

Brexit.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Let's hope Westminster drafts some bills to encourage Scotland and Northern Ireland along on the ride as well.
Guarantees on the UK cash they receive back from the EU would be a good start.
It is the same UK cash just not going through a third party.

I personally think the 'home nations' are stronger as the UK, but on an unselfish note I would be gutted for any of them to end up a tiny fish in an undemocratic pond, forced to accept monetary union and the €uro.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Let's hope Westminster drafts some bills to encourage Scotland and Northern Ireland along on the ride as well.
Guarantees on the UK cash they receive back from the EU would be a good start.
It is the same UK cash just not going through a third party.

I personally think the 'home nations' are stronger as the UK, but on an unselfish note I would be gutted for any of them to end up a tiny fish in an undemocratic pond, forced to accept monetary union and the €uro.

I agree 100% Keeping the UK together is a must if at all possible, we are definitely "stronger together" .

Your thoughts on the cash are spot on too, it would go a long way to guaranteeing that the United Kingdom remains exactly that, you just know that the pigs at the trough in Westminster will cock up any notion of splitting the cash fairly though due to their greed and arrogance, but we can hope i suppose.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

For what it's worth I've emailed my Conservative MP my suggestions regarding bills guaranteeing funds etc to reassure Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I've argued with him before though about bombing Syria so I won't hold my breath, just had to be able to say I tried.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

For what it's worth I've emailed my Conservative MP my suggestions regarding bills guaranteeing funds etc to reassure Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I've argued with him before though about bombing Syria so I won't hold my breath, just had to be able to say I tried.

Given mine is a drunkard and had fights in Parliament I'd probably get a few boys to persuade me to take it no further...

I've got a labour mp who ignored a 62% vote and went remain....might actually vote for once just to kick them out.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Lol, I'd probably relate more to fighting my MP and his mates, I do enjoy calling him out on Twitter and seeing him struggle with his argument.
Helps other readers make their own minds up through that digital platform.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join